Hilton Richmond Downtown
$161
  • Pool
$119
1,639 results
All reviewsdepartment storeconvention centergarden innfront deskvalet parkinghigh ceilingswithin a mile radiusvalet staffshuttle servicehistoric buildingthe executive loungefull servicefree shuttlebusiness triphotel staffvery nice hotelenjoyed my stay
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I was there to attend a convention and the hotel is a great location, right across the street from the Greater Richmond Convention Center. The hotel is always clean, there service is great, and the staff are very friendly. I look forward to my next visit!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
tripin1, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

Tiffany;

We thank you for your visit, feedback, and hope to see you back soon !

John Cario - GM

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Stopped here for a good night's sleep during a long drive. The room was very nice, bed was VERY comfortable. Housekeeping woke me up at 8am though. I guess I should have put out the Do Not Disturb sign. For some reason I thought because we were only staying one night they wouldn't try to come in to clean. Anyway, the restaurant breakfast was great. Lots of options.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear Marianna;

Thanks for your visit and feedback. Yes, our Garden Sleep System, dial-setting mattresses are very comfortable, glad to hear you enjoyed. So sorry you were awakened early, and yes perhaps with the DND card they would have waited on your room. We'll review with the team, and we do hope to see you back in the future.

John and team,

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Pros:
Good location
Newly built
New rooms
Clean
Good staff

Cons:
Small rooms
A rustic smell in rooms, hard to describe it but not pleasant

...........................................................................

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank goodolympian

Thanks for your visit and pro's / cons. We look forward to your next stay with us. John C.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

I had a pleasant one night stay here for a business meeting. The hotel is in a restored department store (Miller & Rhodes) and has some interesting architectural details. The lobby has a small bar and a lot of comfortable places to sit and work or relax. My room on the 6th floor had a very high ceiling and some nooks and crannies that made it a bit different from the standard HGI room layout. The hotel is very well maintained and the staff is friendly. Breakfast is fairly typical HGI fare. Know that you have to valet park but that is expected in downtown locations and was reasonably priced ($21) and the car was quickly delivered. Overall, the hotel was a good value and I would stay here again when in Richmond.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank HenHoo
tripin1, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Dear HenHoo;

Thanks for your recent visit to our Historic Miller & Rhoads ~ HGI. Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay, and you'll be back. Hope to see you soon.

John & Team.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

In order to help my wife de-stress from a bad week at work, I booked the 'Romance Package' for this hotel for one night, Saturday, June 22nd, 2013. Upon arrival we were brought a cart to our car for our overnight bags etc, and our car was taken to the (overpriced at $21 plus tax, in my view!) valet parking area. Our cart was pushed by a staff member to Reception where we checked-in. I confirmed that we had booked the Romance Package, which included a bottle of 'bubbly', to be delivered to our room. We were told this would follow shortly. After OVER AN HOUR, I called Reception to be told it would be with us soon. After a further 15 minutes or so, I called again (as it sill had not arrived) and was told it was "on the way". Some time after that, we received a call asking if we wanted cheese and fruit too. I said we were getting close to going out for dinner (by then) and declined. The bubbly did arrive eventually but it was too close to our having to get ready to leave for dinner to be in any way 'romantic'. We got ready for dinner, sipping at the wine as best we could, and then I loaded our valuables into the Room Safe and closed the door to set the electronic code. Nothing...NOT A PEEP ! I called Reception, to be told that the unit's batteries must need replacing and that they would send an engineer. After 15 minutes...NOBODY ! I called again and we were told he was on the way....After ANOTHER 15 minutes I called again as STILL nobody had arrived. (I also had to call the restaurant we had booked...2 days earlier...to say we were going to be late and hoping that they would keep our table until we got there). Finally, the engineer showed-up and said the unit was out of battery power and he'd have to go get some ! (Why didn't Reception pass-on to him details of our problem?). After maybe 5 more minutes and with our 'meal clock' still ticking he came back with the batteries and took off a panel inside the door and replaced the apparently dead ones. He then slammed the door (with our things inside) and set his own code to test that all was well. IT WASN'T ! He couldn't get the door to open again at all. By now, we were getting to be really late for our dinner and so decided to get him to try again after we returned to the hotel later that evening, which we did at around 10:30pm. The engineer came to our room with various tools and proceeded to hammer and jemmy at the locking mechanism. NO JOY ! With all thoughts of 'romance' completely forgotten and with it getting late, we asked him to leave and said that we would sort the problem out the following day. After a surprisingly GOOD breakfast, we enjoyed walking the main sights of Richmond's downtown area and returned to the hotel around noon. We then asked for the Duty Engineer (a different man this time) to come to our room and sort-out the safe. He too, came with various tools and had to hammer-away for quite a long time (while we sipped-on our still-remaining bubbly) and eventually he managed to get into the safe and we retrieved our valuables. Upon opening the door, THIS engineer found that the retaining door on the battery housing had not been screwed back on before the door had been slammed shut by the previous engineer and so the batteries had, in fact, flown-out of their housing, rendering the safe completely 'dead'. What an experience ! To cap it all, we found that the (ridiculous) $3 daily fee for the use of the safe had been added to our final bill. I protested and this was taken-off. So, all in all, some MORE (albeit different) stress for my wife (and some for me too!) and NO ROMANCE to boot ! One additional good point (as well as the breakfast) was the REALLY GREAT SHOWER in our bathroom. Summing-up, all of this hassle could have been avoided if there was some kind of daily check made (by housekeeping, maybe?) on the operability of the in-room safes. Also, some training should be carried-out amongst the maintenance staff so they know how to fix ALL problems with the in-room safes, speedily and efficiently. One final point...The in-room coffee maker worked fine but we were supplied-with two packs of DECAF and NO CAFFEINATED coffee. Also, it was VERY difficult to see what one was doing when dealing-with the coffee maker as there was not much light in the area where it was situated. A LIGHT above the shelf would have made this so much easier.

Room Tip: As this hotel was formed by the conversion of a former Department Store, I think there were some architectural restrictions. Our room had a very small window that didn't let-in much natural light.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank saturn5man

Dear Saturn5man;

Thanks for your recent visit and feedback. I was disappointed to hear of the issues you encountered during your stay, and apologize for not helping the romance. I sent you a personal email earlier today to resolve and make amends for the visit. I will share your detailed notes on the experience with the team, we can do better ! Count on us to show that in the future, please.

John Cario - GM