“Friendly and at Home”

Hilton Richmond Downtown
Ranked #7 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed May 8, 2013

My arrival Sunday was met with cheerful friendly front desk personnell. My server in the dining room was a rookie but still friendly. The whole week though was great. I could laugh and joke with the drivers, the breakfast servers, the front desk personnell and even management. After long days at work it was nice to come back and not have to be stuffy! Loved the time for smiles and laughs and still had effecient service!

Room Tip: I like the high floors!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
tripin1, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Dear Terry;

Thanks for your visit and feedback. Glad to hear the team took good care of you, even our "Rookie" in the restaurant. One of our goals is to have "fun" at work, and it was great to hear your comments of "laughing and joking" with our team. We recently all went through FISH training based on the Seattle Fish Market's philosophy of just that; Having Fun, Being There, and the other great service components of great hospitality.

We hope to see you back soon for some more fun, especially after working and traveling.

John and Team

There are newer reviews for Hilton Richmond Downtown

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I could not be happier with my stay. The hotel staff was amazing! They went out of their way for me, my mother, and my child. One employee even went to the drug store to get my son Motrin when he got sick. The restaurant in the hotel is delicious. The rooms are amazing. I did not encounter one employee that was in a bad mood or did not have a smile on their face. Best experience I have ever had in a hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear Holly;

Thanks for you recent stay with us, and your kind words on Tripadvisor. I was so glad to hear one of our associates (Possibly Rena) went out for Motrin for your sick child. We'll share your thanks with the team, and we hope to see you back in the future.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I was in Richmond for the Bob Dylan concert at the Landmark Theater and I always stay here when I'm in Richmond. The people are amazing and the rooms are always very clean and well kept. One employee at the front desk helped me a lot to get checked in quickly, and then later he gave me a candy bar from the Pantry. He was so sweet---Just wish I could remember his name, I think it was "Rey"...not sure tho. He was really sweet. Every time I came through the lobby he'd say hi to me and call me by name. It was very sweet.

Room Tip: The rooms are in a maze-like configuration. If you want a view, you'll have to ask and maybe pay...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo

Dear KCS;

Thanks for your recent visit to RVA for the Bob Dylan show. I was pleased to hear you enjoyed your visit, as well Rey took good care of you during your stay. Hope to see you soon !

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Wanted a spot downtown with two weary teenagers and the reservations agent was terrific and got us one of the last rooms available. The General Manager was super friendly, warmly welcomed us and was having a barbecue in front of the hotel! What I like about Hilton Garden Inn is the clean, comfortable rooms, the nicely decked out fitness area and the good-siΩed clean pools. Great for families. Location was super! Will stay again!

Room Tip: I booked late, so I got a King size room but it was a bit small. Book on the early side.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Dear Vermontk;

Thanks for the post to Tripadvisor, after your recent Richmond visit. It was nice to meet you on a recent NASCAR race weekend as I was grillin' some hotdogs for our guests. I'm glad you found our HGI a good refuge after your long drive with two teens. I hope you have a wonderful summer in Vermont, sounds good as we start to warm up in the 80's this week.

John - GM

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Here for business attending a Buffini Turning Point - group rate was filled at Marriott across the street so I used my Honor Points and paid a night to stay here... Big mistake. staff friendly but bed OLD and VERY uncomfortable .... Not pleased at all. No breakfast included 21 dollar additional charge for parking and awful street noise .... Feel like checking out and finding new hotel for I have another day here in Richmond . I stay often in Hilton's and this one does not measure up!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
tripin1, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

Dear Cathy;

Thanks for your visit and feedback. We appreciate you a loyal Hilton guest, but disappointed you didn't have a wonderful experience like the majority of our other guests. I immediately emailed you, as well via your Tripadvisor email link too in hopes to correct on your stay. We know you have choices, and hope you find a location to your satisfaction tonight. Our beds are the GSS / Sleep system, we'll have engineering review your comments, sometimes the dial settings can need replacement. Like all Hilton Garden's, we do offer a full cooked to order buffet breakfast, but this is not included in your rate, like some of our "sister hotels", Embassy or Hampton. Yes, our valet parking is also $21, yet competitive, or less than most hotels in the city. We do have interior rooms (noted by many of our guests on Tripadvisor prior) that are very quiet, so perhaps in the future that would be a good request at some downtown hotels. We certainly do have "the sounds of the city" on some nights, some people like, and some don't. Thanks again, we certainly appreciate your visit and feedback. I hope we can talk / email offline to resolve your concerns. Sincerely, John Cario - GM.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

First time in Richmond va. The hotel was very nice, spacious, clean, and comfortable. In the heart of downtown close, and convient. Staff was friendly and helpful. Pool area, and indoor patio spectacular. Will definitely revisit. :D

• Stayed: May 2013

Dear Mischelle89;

We appreciate your recent visit and feedback on Tripadvisor. Glad to hear you enjoyed the pool and atrium area sometimes hidden on our 2nd floor / interior of the hotel. Hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

The entire staff are helpful, courteous, friendly and they bend over backwards to make sure everything is ok with my visit. The front desk always greet you as you come in and go out and the waitress at the restaurant are the best. The management make it a point to speak to you and ask if they could do anything to make your stay better. They are always in a positive mood and that carries over to each person on the staff. This is a great team and other hotels could use them as a model.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
tripin1, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Dear Don;

Thanks for your recent visit and outstanding review of our team and services we provide. So glad to hear that we should be a model for others ! We'll share this with the team, and continue to do what we do. Hope to see you back soon.

John Cario