Hilton Richmond Downtown
$161
  • Pool
$119
1,639 results
All reviewsdepartment storeconvention centergarden innfront deskvalet parkinghigh ceilingswithin a mile radiusvalet staffshuttle servicehistoric buildingthe executive loungefull servicefree shuttlebusiness triphotel staffvery nice hotelenjoyed my stay
Reviewed November 1, 2012

This hotel has an exceptional staff !!! I found all to be helpful, sincere, friendly and caring. The rooms were clean and well appointed. The rate was good except the $21 valet parking did not make any sense. Good free shuttle service. The restaurant was only average. A good place to stay in Richmond.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank umberto7
tripin1, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Dear Umberto;

Thank you for your visit and feedback. While the majority of your stay was "first class", we'll certainly take note of your comments on the cost of parking. Downtown city parking is tough, but we strive to offer a competitive rate and great service to those that use it. We look forward to your next visit, and we do appreciate your feedback.

GM

Reviewed November 1, 2012

The Hilton was a great hotel for a great price! The room was clean and the staff was nice. However, the best part of my stay was my interactions with the shuttle drivers and valet staff. Being completely new to the city of Richmond, I had no clue where to go, much less, how to get around. The shuttle/valet staff led by James Byrd, Ted and Free provided me with great service, answered all my questions and took me around the city without complaint. They were extremely courteous as well. My stay would have been average (3.5 stars) without the exceptional service of the shuttle/valet staff. They definitely need to be recognized for their amazing customer service and great work ethic.

Dear Chris;

Thank you for your recent stay and feedback. I will certainly thank the bell / van team for you. We look forward to your next Richmond visit.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

The hotel is just across the street from the convention center and easy to get to from the interstate. The rooms are nice, the restaurant has a good selection, but for the price you can get better off property. All the staff were very friendly and helpful. They have a shuttle that will take you to most places you want to go near the hotel. The hotel was completely booked the weekend we stayed but you wouldn't have noticed it. The pool and spa are ok - the spa could have better jets - it's really just a warm bath. We've stayed here a couple of times in the past and the most disappointing aspect was the valet - in the past they have been very friendly and helpful - this trip it wasn't the case - for $21 a day it's pricey. If you want an early breakfast on the weekend - it doesn't open until 7 am - walk across the street to the Marriott - theirs opens at 6 am.

Room Tip: Avoid the 2nd floor - the pool is located here and you have to cut through the pool area unless you want to walk all the way around it.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
tripin1, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Dear Michael;

Thanks for your visit and feedback. We appreciate the positive comments relative to the staff, shuttle service, and location. We did have to replace the jacuzzi jet pump, that is now back to normal. While we do offer valet parking with unlimited in / out parking access, due to being in a downtown city center we are limited on our parking spots, however offer a competitive rate which is a few dollars less than our neighbors, slightly more than the surface lot across the street, however this is not unlimited in / out access. Our breakfast team is open at 6:30 am on the weekdays, and 7am on the weekends. We certainly can customize your visit if you are an earlybird - let us know. Again, thanks for your feedback and visit. John C.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

I spend a lot of time in Hilton properties and especially like HGI. This property meets the standards. It's unique and historic while meeting all the expectations. The room was smaller than a usual HGI but this in not uncommon in historical buildings. Room had a fridge and microwave. Bed was comfortable. HVAC worked fine. Internet service was very good. Plenty of hot water from the shower and the bathroom was stocked with the usual amenities and had fresh towels. I didn't utilize the restaurant but there is one on premise. The only issuea I had was paying $21 dollars for valet. There was also noticable downtown noise up until midnight. Overall a good stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
tripin1, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Dear Triplewin;

Thank you for your stay and feedback. Yes, being in the City we have our "sounds of the city" some call it, but also have some interior rooms that are very quiet, so you have a choice. As well as you mentioned - our valet parking. While our rate is $21, it does provide unlimited access, is secure and covered, and is lower than most our neighbors. We also have some rate plans that include parking, next time look for the "downtown workdeal", or other's that may include parking. We appreciate your stay and feedback.

GM

Reviewed October 26, 2012

The van was at the Main Street AMTRAK station to take me to the hotel. And tho' I'd read about the hotel on line before going, I was surprised to find this 4 year old hotel so immaculate and feeling brand-new. This is NOT your typical Hilton Garden Inn!

The lobby is large and inviting, with a bar and seating area that is easily accessible.

My room, on the 8th floor, had very high ceilings giving it the feel of being even larger than it was. It was near an elevator (as requested) and comfortable. I was pleased to find lots of electrical outlets in the room and, my favorite, in the bedside lamps.

I'm not sure about the views - my room looked into the glass-enclosed area between the hotel and the condos/apartments that are also part of the complex. I was only in my room overnight and so can't recommend a particular placement nor do I know if all rooms have the very high ceilings. Do inquire.

It was also nice, although I didn't use it, to have a microwave in the room, a Garden Inn standard I believe.

The staff was terrific in every encounter with them in the hotel - front desk, meeting rooms, restaurant, and sales. I noticed how the restaurant greeter would help guests with the elevator (across from the restaurant entrance) which I found to be a nice touch.

I was delighted to see the room service menu, having heard from a colleague how good the food was. Many hotels are cutting back on room service and have menus that one can stare at for hours and decide, with a shrug, that it will have to be the club sandwich because there isn't much else.

Not here! I'd like to stay at this hotel during a snow storm and just eat in the hotel! It really was that good -- and not what I had expected.

I ordered the crab cake appetizer, a side baked potato and a side of grilled asparagus. The 2 crab cakes were amazing - if there was "filler" it was so little that it wasn't noticed. The potato and asparagus were excellent as well. I learned, the next day, that the chef changes the menu often. Kudos!

The meeting room, right off the restaurant and near the lobby, was well arranged. The group had a continental breakfast that was beautifully displayed. A very nice touch at each place was a lovely small square white plate with an apple in the center of the plate. The banquet staff had alternated red, green, yellow apples making a meeting table look far nicer. (And yes, people ate or took their apples with them.)

The hotel serves breakfast which I believe is included in the room price. Tho' I didn't eat, many did and they looked like they were enjoying themselves.

Yes, I'd go back in a heartbeat and recommend it highly.

Room Tip: Check to find out if only the 8th floor has the very high ceilings. If that matters, request the 8th.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your visit and feedback. I was glad to see you tried and enjoyed the majority of our hotel and our services. Yes, you had an interior courtyard room, and of course being the former Historic Miller & Rhoads Department Store, high ceilings and most rooms are larger than normal. However we also have exterior rooms with views, and more sunshine and windows that open a bit as needed for your next visit. We are also proud of our food service, restaurant and lounge, and new Chef serving up many great items as you mentioned, in addition to some classic favorites; Brunswick Stew, the M&R Club, and great desserts. Thanks again,