“Customer Service Extraordinary”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Malta, New York
“Customer Service Extraordinary”
Reviewed June 3, 2012

We had a great first time visit - a quick overnight to visit our daughter. Thanks to Aubrey and Maria our visit turned into an upgraded room that was just unbelievable. From the valet, to the front desk to housekeeping, we were treated like royalty. Can't wait to visit again - see you in August!

Room Tip: Our corner suite was sunny, huge and fabulous
3 Thank Patty H
tripin1, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Downtown, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
Dear Patty H;

Thank you for your recent visit to Richmond and your stay with us at the Historic Miller & Rhoads Hilton Garden Inn. I was pleased to see you had an enjoyable visit, and both Aubrey and Maria went above and beyond to assist you. I will personally thank each of them. We look forward to your return August stay with us.

John Cario

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed May 29, 2012

We've had 2 visits to the Hilton Garden Inn in the last 2 months. The staff are very courteous starting with the valet parking. The front desk staff are prompt, courteous and friendly. The rooms are generous with space and have high ceilings. If you are looking for a quiet room with little street noise, request an interior high floor room. The morning coffee at the cafe/right off the elevator was great! They have a shuttle service if you need a ride to a close by locale. They were courteous to give me a ride to the local Rite Aid to get some cough drops when I woke up with a sore throat. I will definitely go back and stay when I need a hotel for Richmond/VCU visits!

Room Tip: If you are looking for a quiet room with little street noise, request an interior high floor room...
2 Thank anginva
Dear Anginva;

Thanks for your recent visit and wonderful review of our hotel. That's our goal; "Excellent service with our great staff" at a great Richmond location :). We'll certainly share your feedback with the team.

Lake Mary fl
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Wow! What a great weekend we just had. I traveled to Richmond with three volleyball teams and the people at Hilton Garden Inn were amazing. Denise, Deanna, Derrick and Rey at the front desk - were so friendly and accommodating. They did so much to help. One of our players celebrated a birthday while we were there. Not only did they provide a cake, they added candles, matches and balloons. Every request was a met with a helpful and positive response. I've never written review before -but I've never had this kind experience with a hotel staff. I look forward to seeing them again next year!!!!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank VballTeammom
Dear Vball Team Mom;

Thanks for taking the time to write a review after your recent weekend tournament visit. We are fortunate to be close to the Convention Center for many of the sporting events that come to town, and we do appreciate our Volleyball teams. I was glad to hear many of the team went above and beyond to assist with you and your teams, as well getting a birthday cake for a special occasion. We look forward to your next visit to Richmond.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed May 26, 2012

If you are visiting Richmond, Virginia for business or pleasure I highly recommend this hotel. The Hilton Garden Inn Richmond is a place where the staff do not just say they thank you for your patronage, they show you each and every day all day that they are glad that you are staying with them.
From the moment I arrived I was welcomed and treated to high end spa quality hospitality. Everyone - and I do mean EVERYONE - was focused on giving me the most courteous and gracious service possible. The rooms are well sized, appointed and immaculate. I found the bed a dream and the quiet at night afforded me the most restful sleep I have had in a hotel. Requests for assistance and room service were promptly answered. If you do not drive they have an excellent shuttle service with the most courteous and professional drivers I have encountered in my travels. However, the area of the hotel's location is very walkable as well if you are able to do that. I have a physical disability and they were accommodating without being patronizing. I was ill during my visit and they did everything they could to make me comfortable.

You can pay much, much more a night for a stay in a hotel that gives you turn down service and a chocolate on your pillow. Or you can choose 5 star quality for less and stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Richmond. I truly believe that, in their quest to provide me the ultimate experience this staff just might have turned down that bed if I had asked, but why ask? Everything already was perfect the way it was. Who needs turn down service when you have a team totally focused on your health, well being and comfort.

The next time I am in Richmond I will be staying at the Hilton Garden Inn downtown.

1 Thank Sheryl S
Southold, New York
Reviewed May 22, 2012

We used this hotel as a base for our recent family reunion as it was central to all the places around Richmond that we wanted to go to. There were approximately 25 of us staying at the hotel and I did not hear any complaints from any of our family. The staff was helpful and gracious and attended to any request we had. The room was huge and fit the roll away bed for my youngest child very well, so we did not feel crowded at all. The hotel was busy with a teen age engineering convention staying there, a visiting Georgia college baseball team and a wedding but despite all that, the room was quiet. The valet parking, which is a good deal with us using our cars in and out for one set price/day, was quick. The only sticker shock was the prices in the bar. We would stay again.

1 Thank edesbonnet
Thank you for your recent visit for your reunion, and I was glad to see you and your family had an enjoyable stay. Yes, we certainly have our share of visiting sports teams, youth groups, and weddings, and that weekend was a busy one, I think a graduation in town too ! Like you, they seem to enjoy our hotel and services and convenient to all of Downtown Richmond's offerings.

We hope to see you on a return Richmond visit, maybe for some personal R&R.

Hayward, California
Reviewed May 22, 2012

Frequently I think to myself that I should write a review, but this time I promised myself I would. This hotel's staff is incredibly welcoming and gracious. The bed was extremely comfortable, and the roasted half chicken dinner on the room service menu was the best I have ever had. The hotel was located in a very walk able neighborhood. I cannot say enough about this place, they truly personify the idea of being brilliant at the basics and offer tremendous value.

1 Thank Christy G
Dear Christy;

Thank you for your recent visit to Richmond and our hotel. I appreciate you taking the time to write a review regarding your positive experience. I was glad to see we took good care of you and we certainly hope to see you on a return visit to your "better than home" hotel.

Martinsburg, WV
Reviewed May 20, 2012

No doubt, the freindliest and helpful staff of any hotel I've stayed at. Everyone I ran into, greeted me and made sure my stay was the best it could be. When I walked into my room, I was pleasantly suprised by the size of it. For a standard room, it was the biggest of any hotel I've been to. In addition, the location is great for the Richmond area. I know from now on, when I travel, I'm looking for a Hilton Garden Inn!!!

1 Thank scottmpd28
tripin1, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Downtown, responded to this review, May 22, 2012
Dear Scott;

Glad to hear you had a friendly experience with us at the HGI - Richmond, that is one of our goals, and we have a great team to make it happen. We appreciate your visit and feedback, and hope to see you in the future on a return visit.