Hilton Richmond Downtown
  • Pool
$119
Hampton.com
1,639 results
All reviewsdepartment storeconvention centergarden innfront deskvalet parkinghigh ceilingswithin a mile radiusvalet staffshuttle servicehistoric buildingthe executive loungefull servicefree shuttlebusiness triphotel staffvery nice hotelenjoyed my stay
Reviewed May 2, 2012

I originally booked into the Double Tree a few blocks away. Do not stay there, This hotel is cheaper and much nicer!!!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
tripin1, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2012

Dear Pete;

Thank you for your recent visit and feedback. I hope you enjoyed Richmond and the USA, being from Australia ! Yes, our sister Hilton hotel the Doubletree is only a few blocks away, has the best cookies, and while it is a bit older than our new and historic facility it still has charm and a great staff. Rates can always vary by date and events we may have as well.

We hope to have the opportunity to accommodate you again soon.

Cheers !

Reviewed May 1, 2012

I had stayed here while in town for the CAA Basketball tournament in early March. Great location right downtown. Coliseum, convention center, The National - all within minutes walk. It’s a fairly new hotel, right across the street from the Marriott. Room was fantastic, its pricey but it is a downtown hotel. Having also stayed at the Marriott I have to say the Hilton Garden Inn wins out, more affordable and much newer and really should be a top option if ever visiting Richmond!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
tripin1, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2012

Thank you for your recent visit to Richmond during the CAA tournament. We hope your team did well, and we enjoy March Madness and the many guests, fans, teams, that visit during this time.
We sincerely appreciate your feedback and are honored to be right up there with our neighbors the Marriott. While we are a Hilton Garden, we strive to deliver on a full-service experience in Downtown Richmond in product and service.

We hope to see you back soon, or next year for CAA !

Reviewed April 29, 2012

We stayed there in a wedding block for a family member. At 10pm, the air conditioning in our room was making a loud sound. Maintenance couldn't fix it so we were moved to a larger room. Although it was inconvenient as we had 2 preschoolers sound asleep and an entire room to pack up late at night, they came through by assisting us with the move and giving us free breakfast coupons for the duration of our stay. They even gave the kids some microwavable popcorn to eat. Also, while there, the pool was closed for an entire day because a child had an accident in it. They allowed us to go across the street (literally) to another hotel's pool so our kids would be happy. Again, problems happen, but they came through and that is what counts. If they hadn't helped us out, my ratings would be low, but they did everything with a smile and courtesy. In my opinions, THAT'S what really counts. The only complaint I have is that you have to pay for parking, which I know is common in cities, but it's still ridiculous.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
tripin1, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2012

Thank you for your recent visit and feedback. While I wish your stay was worry free, I was glad to see the team assisted with your issues on two occasions and we exceeded your expectations when "problems arose" as you noted. We hope to see you on a return visit.

Reviewed April 29, 2012

On 4/28/2012, my husband and I were married in Richmond, VA. My bestfriend, Quinton McDougald suggested and booked a suite at the Hilton Garden Inn Richmond Downtown for our wedding night. We stayed in room 225 which is a one of a kind, 2 story suite. The room was amazingly cozy and exceptionally clean! We checked in late after our reception and found the chocolate covered strawberries and champagne to be the perfect welcome gift inside our room. Although the hotel was very busy this weekend, we felt the staff was still very friendly and accomodating to our every need!

Thanks again for making our wedding night one to remember! We will certainly be visiting again!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear CD;

Congrats on your wedding, and best of luck to you ahead. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We'll share your positive comments with the team !

Reviewed April 27, 2012

I was pleased with my stay at the Hilton Garden Inn but not blown away. The rooms seemed to let in a lot of outside street noise, more so than other hotels I have stayed at, but they were comfortable. The internet connection was solid. The food was pricey for a hotel restaurant. The lobby bar area was nice but got very noisy when business picked up.
My big complaint is with parking. As a HHonors member I asked for a late check out and got it. When I went to get my car at 2 pm, the valet told me that since I had stayed past noon I had to pay extra for parking. I could not understand how this even made since. The hotel gave me permission to stay last but the valet didn't? So much for being a valued HHonors member.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo