“Kudos to the Food & Beverage Staff”

Hilton Richmond Downtown
Ranked #7 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
GreenLeadersBronze level
Richmond, VA
“Kudos to the Food & Beverage Staff”
Reviewed April 16, 2012

On Saturday, March 31, 2012, I had the fortune of receiving top notch quality service from the Food & Beverage Staff.

While attending a business conference, my team of independent business owners decided to have lunch at the American Grill. The Food & Beverage staff was very accomodating, professional and prompt as they served over 80 business owners from across the country.

The best part of my experience was seeing the Food & Beverage Director, Map - lend his hand to support his staff. This showed me that they were willing to workin unity, as a team, to ensure that everyone was served.

Not only did we receive great service but the food was delicious as well. What a great combination. I recommend every to host their business luncheons at the Hilton Garden Inn - Downtown Richmond.

Kudos!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
tripin1, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Downtown, responded to this review, April 19, 2012
Dear Rob;

Thank you for your recent visit to our hotel and the American Grill Restaurant. I was glad to hear your group's dining event went well, and pleased to see Map and his team deliver great service for your event. We look forward to future events you may have, and appreciate this feedback.

John Cario

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed April 10, 2012

I stayed there during Easter while visiting family. It was a nice quiet stay. The hotel was newly renovated and clean. The pool and spa were nice and just the right size. The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. I liked how the you could change the softness of the bed. The only thing that I didn't like was the breakfast was not free though it was fine because I liked the hotel and I went out to eat. I also left something of mine there, and they are nice and sending it to me now. Overall, great hotel! :)

• Stayed April 2012
tripin1, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Downtown, responded to this review, April 13, 2012
Dear cupcake;

Thank you for your recent stay and Tripadvisor review. I was glad to hear you enjoyed your visit, the pool, and surrounding area. While we do charge for breakfast it is the full, all you can eat, cooked to order style breakfast, and I am certain on your next visit you'll find it's value is well worth the price. I was glad to hear we found your left items and got them back to you.

We hope to see you in the near future.

Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed April 9, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for an athletic tournament. While we didn't really enjoy downtown Richmond, the hotel was a comfortable oasis, and very convenient to the convention center. Check in was slow. The staff did a great job with the various groups. It seemed to be a busy weekend for them.

Room Tip: You may wish to ask if there is a quiet side. We heard a few emergency vehicles during the night.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Dear Miz Italy;

Thank you for the recent review after your stay with us. We had a very busy March, and many athletic events as you mentioned; Richmond is fortunate to have CAA basketball, Jefferson Cup Soccer, Field Hockey to name a few. These groups certainly have their peak demand arrival and departure times and we strive to manage the flow as best possible. We appreciate your feedback, and look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed April 7, 2012

Stayed for a conference and was so impressed with the excellent service. Special food requests were no problem. Friendly suggestions for local attractions and restaurants.

• Stayed March 2012
Dear Jeepy !

Thanks for the visit and your kind comments.
Coral Gables, Florida
Reviewed April 5, 2012

I want to first commend the personell at the Doubletree who went out of their way to help me. My husband is a patient in MCV ( we live in Miami), so I had booked the Doubletree on line which offered a free shuttle to and from the hospital. When I arrived, the lady at the front desk ( I wish I got her name she was so nice!) apologized because they had to replace the transformer which meant shutting down the electricity ( no elevators, hot water, lights etc) for a full morning. I knew right away I could not handle the inconvenience so I asked her for recommendations since I was unfamiliar with Richmond. She mentioned the Hilton Garden Inn was their sister hotel, and she even called and had the shuttle deliver me there. This is a newer property and closer to the hospital ( also has complimentary shuttle service) .The lobby is light and bright and the staff very pleasant. The line was a little long ( to ask a simple question) and the lobby tiles seemed pretty beat up considering it is a new structure, but my room was unexpectedly wonderful! Very spacious ,with very comfortable beds ( you can even adjust your mattress comfort). The shuttle drivers I had the pleasure of meeting ( Andrew and James) are professional and very personable . They both had a kind word for my ailing husband. Oh, and on top of this...The Hilton Garden gives a special rate for families who have someone in the hospital. I will not hesitate to recommend this hotel and already booking my return.

Room Tip: I had room #441- A Very spacious room, two queen beds,near the elevator, ice and vending machines.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank maria k
Dear Maria,

I hope your husband is doing better after the recent visit to the hospital here. While I was sorry to hear our sister hotel the Doubletree was having some issues that evening and couldn't help with your visit, we were glad to assist and accommodate you here. That is a good thing about the Richmond Community, we are here for our visitors to Richmond and will help each other out in the name of hospitality. I have also thanked the team you mentioned for their efforts, especially our drivers, and we certainly hope to see you on a future visit.

Plano, Texas, United States
Reviewed April 2, 2012

Stayed here for a short visit while working for the hospital up the street. The front desk agent (Doris) was the absolute best! Not only did she go out of her way to accommodate some arrangements for me, but when rebooking for my return visit she was able to maneuver the system to get me the dates I needed. Extremely personable and polite as well.

Only downside to this hotel for business purposes is that getting your car is always a wait. For multiple trips in and out, it is a hassle! A shuttle would be great to and from nearby restaurants.

I will be returning here next week for an extended stay (18 nights) so I should have an updated report soon to see if the excellence holds.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Dear Ruth;

Thank you for your recent visit and review of our hotel. I have personally thanked Doris for her efforts during this past visit, as well discussed your concerns with the Valet team. We look forward to your next longer visit, and hope to do even better on your next review.

I hope we have the opportunity to meet as well.

Raleigh NC
Reviewed March 28, 2012

This hotel has some really great qualities. The rooms are small but well-furnished. Bathrooms are nicely updated and have great toiletries. But the very best part of staying in this hotel is the BED! They have an amazing bed that goes from soft to firm in the flip of a very easy switch. The meeting spaces are just okay, but the public spaces are wonderful. There are lots of places to sit prior to check in and after check out. The valet staff are friendly and helpful, though not necessarily welcoming. A large RV with an extended trailer was blocking most of the curbside space. I parked in a spot - turns out it was reserved for valet vehicles. I gave the keys to the staff, but he asked me to move it. Why didn't he just move it to where he wanted it parked? A smidge disappointing to not have handy bell staff to assist. Overall a great location and nice hotel!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent stay and review. Glad to hear you liked the Beds. The Hilton Garden Sleep Systems are wonderful, and you can dial in your comfort setting ! We'll have reviewed your comments with the team, and we look forward to a return visit.