“Excellent All Around”

Hilton Richmond Downtown
Ranked #8 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed December 24, 2011

From the moment we checked in (to six rooms, I might add), to the moment we checked out, every interaction with the staff was excellent. A minor problem with one room (tub slow to drain) was addressed immediately (and breakfast comp'd, to boot). The front desk staff were all professional, pleasant, and went above and beyond to ensure my entire family had a wonderful stay. The valets worked overtime to orchestrate cars in and out of the garage. The shuttle drivers were quick and accommodating to our needs. I can't say enough good things about this place. I've stayed at the HGI Richmond Downtown on six other occasions, and have always had great experiences. There are other, more prestigious hotels in RVA, but this one takes the cake for making you feel wanted.

Room Tip: Rooms 303 and 403 are HUGE, and should book for the same rate as a regular with two queens. Avoid r...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
tripin1, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2012

Dear Martin;

Thank you for your recent visit and kind comments about our hotel. I'll certainly pass on you positive feedback about our valet and van team, as well review this with the entire team. We look forward to your return visit should travels bring you back to Richmond and our HGI.

Reviewed December 22, 2011

This was our first time staying at this Hilton facility and I have to say it was absolutely wonderful. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. We had drinks at the bar before dinner and Kam our bartender was very attentive and one of the best bartenders we have experienced on all our travels. He made us feel welcomed and insured we had a very enjoyable experience. When in the Richmond area I would recommend you trying this facility. You will not be sorry.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your recent visit and feedback. I'll be thanking Kam - Bartender for your comments and we certainly appreciate you recognizing one of our associates for their stellar service.

We look forward to your return visit in the future.

Reviewed December 22, 2011

I stayed here for a concert at Carpenter Theater. Valet parking only (pricey, but typical big city price). My room was very nice. Spacious, comfortable bed. I did find hair on one of the hand towels but the bathroom was otherwise clean. Unfortunately I didn't notice that there weren't any wash cloths until I was already in the shower.

There's a small outdoor skating rink just up the block. The Carpenter Theater was also just a block and a half up the road so I was able to walk to the concert. If you go out the lobby and go to the left the neighborhood seems ok. If you go to the right out of the lobby it's a little sketchy.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo

Thank you for your recent visit to our hotel and Richmond. It sounds like you had an enjoyable stay, and saw a show at the Carpenter Center. We are fortunate to be just across 6th Street from the Carpenter Center, the National and as you mentioned the "winter" ice-rink as well. We'll share your comments with the team to celebrate and review the opportunities.

We look forward to your next Richmond visit.

Reviewed December 19, 2011

My wife and I stayed here for our company's party and were really impressed with the valet and shuttle services. When we arrived, the valets were friendly and made checking in easy and painless. Later we realized we forgot a bag and the valet went to our car to retrieve it for us. The Hilton Garden Inn provided a shuttle to and from our company party. Despite missing the shuttle, they ran one just for us to the party as well as later when returning to the hotel. The staff were very friendly and helpful. And the room was very nice as well -- we enjoyed the larger layout. We'll be back whenever we're in Richmond.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear Andrew,

Thank you for your recent visit and comments. I have thanked the valet team and van drivers for their excellent service to you during your visit. We certainly welcome you back on your next HGI - Richmond visit.

Reviewed December 18, 2011

This hotel is very nice. I have stayed here twice for business in Richmond. Its located downtown. There is a sports bar and starbucks in the Marriott across the street, but the Hilton is more reasonably priced.

My only complaint was a very rude clerk when I checked in. Her nametag was "Miss C". I emailed the manager, and he quickly responded and apologized.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank mrd1352

Thank you for your recent visit to our hotel and feedback. While I was glad to learn you had a nice visit, I was certainly disappointed to hear of your welcome at the desk. We have discussed this with the team, and again thank you for bringing this to our attention.

We look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed December 15, 2011

No problems except that I couldn't get the heater to go as warm as I wanted - but I was too busy to ask for help with it, so it wasn't a deal breaker. The rooms were clean and VERY quiet. Nice staff, which is what I mainly look for. Good area of town as far as being able to walk to restaurants and downtown features.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business

Thank you for your stay with us and feedback. I apologize for the issues with the heater, but glad everything else worked out well for you and you found the area to be good for restaurant options.

We look forward to your return visit to Richmond !

Reviewed December 14, 2011

Every parent wants to celebrate their child's accomplishments in a big way. College graduation is among the highest, and selecting a venue can make or break the celebration. So glad we chose the Hilton Garden Inn, Richmond! The management and staff attended to every detail, gave every assistance, offered every kind word and deed to make our son's weekend a memory-maker. Top it off with dining or decor we'll never forget! Next time we're in the area, the choice of accommodations will not be a decision we'll have to re-visit. Looking forward to Hilton Garden Inn Richmond!!!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for your recent visit and stay with us to celebrate your son's graduation. We are glad you found our hotel, staff and services to exceed your expectations and provide great service. We look forward to your future Richmond / HGI visits.