“Hilton Weekend”

Hilton Richmond Downtown
Ranked #7 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed November 6, 2011

This is a beautiful hotel! We had wonderful accomadations and the food for dinner and breakfast was excellent!! ALL of the employee's were very gracious and pleasent. We highlly recommend this hotel!

Carolyn C.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
tripin1, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2011

Thanks for your recent "weekend visit" with us. Thanks for the feedback on our staff, we'll certainly share this review with all. We look forward to your next visit to Richmond and our Hilton Garden Inn - Richmond Downtown.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Richmond Downtown

Reviewed November 2, 2011

I arrived @ the Hotel after midnight. My room was ready and Mrs. C from Richmond, the desk attendant was vibrant and pleasant like it was 6 pm in the afternoon! Check in took all of 10 minutes, but when I arrived in my room, it was heavy laden with smoke. I immediately went down to the desk to ask for different accommodations. Mrs. C. was very apologetic on behalf of the hotel and set out to find a room that was cleaned and smoke free. The next set of accommodations was a homerun. I had a wonderful night’s sleep and lounged in the bed the next morning, which is a rarity in my life! My daughter attends school in Richmond, so the Hilton Garden Inn has not seen the last of me!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for your recent stay and feedback. I was disappointed to hear your first room was smokey, as we are 100% smoke free, but certainly glad to hear Ms. C addressed your concerns and the rest of your visit went well. We are glad to hear your daughter attends an area Richmond college, and look forward to your return visits.

Reviewed November 1, 2011

This is a good place to stay for the Business traveller. I enjoyed my stay for sure.

Plusses:
Local Shuttle
Great Valet Service
Cordial Staff
Clean and Tidy

Cons:
Low water pressure in the shower. Takes long time to take a "quick" shower.
My room was small.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
tripin1, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2011

Thanks for your recent visit, and posting of "Great Place to stay" for the business traveler. We are also Virginia Green Certified, and sometimes the low-flow restrictors in the shower heads can cause some of the low pressure, but we will certainly investigate this. Please give me a call or email and I can certainly investigate the room you were in so we correct it for the next guest if it is another issue.

john.cario2@hilton.com

Reviewed October 31, 2011

I was in Richmond for an event at the Convention Center, which was just right across the street. The hotel itself was standard Hilton Garden Inn format. Because of the high ceiling in the room and lack of ceiling light, the room felt a bit dark. But the room is spacious. The buffet breakfast was plentiful and good. We were greeted by cheery servers every morning. The laundry machines on the 8th floor was a pleasant find.

Two restaurants I would definitely recommend: Kuba Kuba and Tarrant's.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
tripin1, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2011

Thank you for your recent visit to Richmond, and our Hilton Garden Inn. I was glad to hear you had an enjoyable visit, met our "Cheery" servers, as well enjoyed the rooms and the tall cielings. Being in a historic former Miller & Rhoads Department store we have larger rooms, high cielings, and both well-lit, and darker interior room locations for guest requesting a quieter room. Yes, we have a guest washer and dryer in the hotel including a TV while you wait for your laundry :). We welcome your additional feedback on how we can move from your "3" rating to our typical "5" in the future. As a seasoned international traveler, we welcome your tips.

Reviewed October 28, 2011

Ok, the hotel is modern and wonderful, and it is located right smack in the middle of Richmond. It's all too easy to get here off the highway from the airport, which can get a little scary sometimes. My room was actually given out when I arrived at 12:30AM, which normally would not have been a good thing. However, Miss C at the front desk helped find me a room at the Jefferson right down the road with no cost and no fuss. When I returned back the following day I had a great room in order, and the whole rest of the stay was excellent. The made to order breakfast in the morning is a must do before heading off to any meeting!

Dear Christopher;

Thank you for your recent visit and feedback on Tripadvisor. We certainly got off to a tough start on your first night with a very full hotel, and some unexpected stayovers thus having to send you to the Jefferson Hotel. It was certainly great to hear Ms. "C" - (Cynthia) took good care of you, and we were able to have you return the next night for an "excellent" stay. Thanks for your visit and feedback, and we look forward to your return visits to HGI and Richmond.

Reviewed October 26, 2011

The Hilton Garden Inn in downtown Richmond is a top notch hotel. I have been staying there monthly due to treatments at a nearby hospital. The friendly staff go up and beyond as far as accommodating any special needs. The manager, John, handled a medical emergency situation quickly and with care. Derrick at the front desk is always keen to help and attentive to any requests. The rooms are immaculate and spacious, restaurant is delicious with a friendly dining staff, and a convenient shuttle service to take around downtown. I highly recommend this hotel!

1  Thank tara d

Dear Tara;

Thank you for your many visits to our hotel and your recent feedback. We truly hope your treatments at the nearby hospital are helping you, and we are glad we can assist in any way when you visit. I thank Derrick for his assistance to you as well.

Count on us,

Reviewed October 25, 2011

I am really impressed with the service of Derrick and Brian at the front desk. They make coming back to the hotel such a pleasure. They make yo feel at home when you're far from home. I know I can go to them for anything and they will go above and beyond to help me in any way possible. People like this make traveling a pleasure and I hope Hilton appreciates the amazing staff they they have with Derrick and Brian.

Returning Guest

Room Tip: talk to Derrick
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business

Thank you for your recent visit to our hotel and comments. I will thank Brian and Derrick for taking good care of you during your visit to Richmond and our Hilton Garden Inn.

We look forward to seeing you when your travels bring you back to Richmond.