“Very Impressive”

GreenLeadersBronze level
usa
“Very Impressive”
Reviewed June 8, 2011

Service is not dead at the Hilton Garden Downtown Richmond, as every staff member I encountered was friendly and helpful. These days that is saying a lot. Breakfasts were excellent with great variety. Sandwiches in the restaurant were delicious. The room was very nice, clean, and quiet. In all respects this was an excellent experience. I would stay here again in an instant.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
Damascus, Maryland
Reviewed June 5, 2011

The staff at Hilton Garden Inn really knows how to roll out the hospitality. They were so friendly and helpful. From the valet, to the front desk, to even the maintenance men everyone was ready to help WITH a smile. We couldn't have asked for a better stay.

While we would have prefered a softer bed and a harder pillow the staff made us feel right at home. Perfect hotel and great location!

Room Tip: As for harder pillows
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
tripin1, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Downtown, responded to this review, June 7, 2011
Ironically our Hilton "Heart of the Garden" Value for June is "Hospitality", but honestly, that's our goal every minute of every day. I was pleased to hear our staff "rolled out the hospitality" for you. I will personally thank my team, especially those you mentioned, "even the maintenance men" :) .

In regards to your other notes; We do provide Garden Sleep Systems bedding, so next time you can "dial-in" a softer setting on your bed. We'll work on some harder pillows, but again thanks for your stay at our "perfect hotel and great location" (your quote!)

Wilmington, Delaware
Reviewed June 3, 2011

This was a very pleasant stay for me and my significant other who had never been to Richmond. It was very convenient and within walking distance to the National where we attended a concert. I was anxious to see if the out-of-town concert goers would be loud and obnoxious at the hotel but it was very peaceful. We were also able to explore the Virginia state capital area which was also within walking distance.

There was not a lot of driveway space for the valet line as a lot of people had arrived at the same time. To make it worse it seemed that people were also in the same line to pick up guests (must have been family members or friends) that were staying here. The valet individuals were quite pleasant and quick even with the high volume of people at once. The next day when we departed, the valet brought the car around with practically no wait at all. We also had belongings in our car that were still there just as we had left them. Valet parking was $18 per day but we knew that beforehand as it is stated on their website.

Check-in and check-out both went smoothly even with the large number of people at check-in. We even received comlimentary water bottles for being Hilton Honors members. The room was outstanding. It was very clean and well decorated, and we were impressed with the very high ceilings in our specific room. I am not sure if all rooms are like that though. We ordered room service for dinner before we ventured back out for the concert. The food was delicious and the lady that delivered it to our room was extremely nice and pleasant.

I highly recommend this hotel to anyone that is visiting downtown Richmond for either business or leisure.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent visit to Richmond and your stay with us at our Historic Miller & Rhoads - Hilton Garden Inn. I was glad to hear you had an enjoyable Downtown Richmond experience, including our great concert venue - the National. We'll share your great comments and feedback with our team, and we welcome you back for your next Richmond visit, or concert you may attend. Richmond has some great summer events including Friday Cheers, the Jazz Fest in August, and of course my personal favorite - the wonderful Richmond Folk Fest in October.

Marlton, New Jersey
Reviewed May 25, 2011

I visit the Richmond area at least 8 times a year and this was my first visit to your hotel. I wanted to take a moment to tell you how impressed I was with the staff and quality of the hotel. As a frequent traveler, I travel every week for business, I can understand the rigors of guest services. I also understand that not everyone can be pleased.

First let me say that the condition of the hotel was very good, I was impressed and your hotel exceeded my expectations.

However most notably the staff was genuinely happy and egger to please. From valet, front desk, managers, shuttle driver to security. Everyone was enthusiastic in their delivery of good customer service, smiling and friendly staff at every turn.. Once, when going to the elevator, a young man jumped out from behind his host stand beside the restaurant and pushed the elevator button for me.

People with complaints are most likely to write reviews hoping to be heard. To infrequently, people that are happy don’t take the time to express their opinions. I thought I would take a minute to express mine.

Thank you for a great stay.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank john b
tripin1, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Downtown, responded to this review, May 27, 2011
Thank you for your recent visit to our Historic Miller & Rhoads – Hilton Garden Inn. We sincerely appreciate your time to express your opinion to us after this stay. Our goal with "service, product and hospitality" was truly displayed and met during your visit as expressed in your feedback.

I will thank the team, and I again thank you for your patronage, and valuable feedback. We look forward to your future visits.

Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed May 15, 2011

My sisters and I were in VA for a long weekend and made the Hilton Garden Inn in Richmond our homebase. My heart sank when we saw the Nascar banner welcoming race fans (we are not) as I was expecting loud, crowded and loud. I was amazed and appreciative of how quiet our rooms were- we heard little street noise and nothing in the hallways or adjacent rooms. The rooms were clean, bright and spacious. The staff was kind and helpful. We had a rental car but used it very little thanks to the shuttle service and most accommodating drivers. We were impressed by all of the staff we came in contact with and we'll all be recommending this hotel to others. Oh, and it was a great value... with free breakfast!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
tripin1, General Manager at Hilton Richmond Downtown, responded to this review, May 16, 2011
I was glad to hear you visited us recently, and especially during an exciting NASCAR weekend. Richmond is fortunate to have two NASCAR events each year, so as you mentioned we do decorate our lobby and lounge area for these two weekends, but also strive to ensure our other guests are equally taken care of, as you mentioned. We will share your positive comments with our team, and we look forward to a future visit, and your recommendations to others.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed May 10, 2011

We just returned from a weekend at this hotel. The staff there, particularly Mark and Derrick at the front desk, were exceptionally friendly and accomodating, particularly in telling us what to do around Richmond. The shuttle service was fantastic as well. This is a clean, centrally-located hotel and my wife and I would certainly stay here upon our return to Richmond.

-Adam
Washington, DC

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your recent visit and wonderful feedback regarding our Historic Miller & Rhoads - Hilton Garden Inn. I was pleased to hear both Derrick and Mark offered our signature "friendly and accomodating" service to you, as well our "fantastic" shuttle service took good care of you.

I have since thanked each mentioned for their outstanding efforts. We look forward to your future visits.

North Carolina
Reviewed May 4, 2011

I have stayed here for a couple of years not when traveling to the area on business. Everything about this hotel is great. The rooms are spacious and clean. The hotel has a restaurant and bar so I didn't have to go far to eat. The location is perfect and the staff members are very friendly. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for your continued visits and feedback regarding our Hilton Garden Inn - Richmond Downtown. We very much appreciate your patronage over the years and this recent feedback. We look forward to the continued relationship ahead.