“Very different, but good”
Review of Sticks Kebob Shop

Sticks Kebob Shop
Ranked #645 of 1,647 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Takeout
Description: Sticks Kebob Shop offers a quick, easy, and healthy alternative to fast food. Our Mediterranean-style Sandwiches, Salads, and Platters feature a tempting selection of flame grilled Kebobs and Falafel. We offer freshly prepared vegetarian side dishes and homemade sauces. Our unique menu allows you to create the perfect meal for your appetite at a reasonable price.
Reviewed June 12, 2012

The Kebob shop is something new...The food is great...The prices I think are a little high for the portions you get. The beef sandwich is the best sandwich I think they offer. Bob (employee or manager I'm not sure) is very friendly, and calls you by name. I think its worth trying if you want something different and healthy. They have a kids menu also.

Reviewed July 24, 2010

Disclaimer: I'm used to Moby Dick's in NOVA, which is the measuring "stick" by which I compare other kebab restaurants.

With that said, Sticks pales in comparison... shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence. My main gripe is the fact that the meat portion is miniscule, especially considering the price of the platter. Additionally, the meat flavor is nondescript and often too dry. The basmati rice is bland and not cooked in the true Persian tradition like Moby's. The pita bread is a joke. I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that it's commercially manufactured and frozen.

All is not for naught, though. The hummus and dipping sauces (cilantro lime for me) are the only redeeming sides. The green beans aren't too bad either. The atomosphere is mid-grade, but let's be honest... people don't go to Kebab restaurants for the ambiance.

Overall, the food quality is low for what it proclaims to be. With that said, the only way Sticks could compete in the Kebab space would be in its value propostion and that would be large servings at a low price. Sticks takes the inverse approach: small servings at a relatively high price. The only time we ate there was when they had a buy one platter and get one free on your next visit special. The only reason Sticks is in biz in both Richmond and Charlottesville is because there aren't any true kebab houses and the denizens don't know any better. If Moby's were to ever expand to either city... bye bye Sticks. So, I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Reviewed May 28, 2010

for those who like kebabs, this is just simple, fresh, good quality food at a decent price.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed March 14, 2010

YUM!!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed July 5, 2009

For fast food, Sticks really delivers. Delicious lamb, falafel, tabouli - everything is fresh, tasty and fast.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

Been to Sticks Kebob Shop? Share your experiences!