“Hotel was fine but wrong address is unexcuseable.”

Wingate by Wyndham Richmond Short Pump
Ranked #18 of 81 Hotels in Richmond

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Jensen Beach, Florida
Reviewed April 7, 2013

I always tell people the truth in my reviews.I start by saying: I am a lousy sleeper, so sleeping in hotels is always a crap shoot.

The extremely kind man at the front desk was very friendly and welcoming and I wish I had written his name down so I could give him his due props. He also helped me with directions to the local Bonefish Grill.

The room was very clean and nicely decorated. The shower was hot. The bed was comfy and there were several extra pillows. It's all anyone could ask for!

There is a free breakfast, which is also great for travelers (but I cannot partake as I have Celiac Disease and there is not much there that is gluten free and safe for me to eat.)

But that's okay! I brought my own travel food (as I always do).and the microwave and fridge in the room took care of my needs. It is another reason why Wingate by Wyndham suites are perfect for me.

and.,....I slept through the night. Yaay!.

A great value as we traveled down to to Florida on I-95 and I would recommend it to other travelers as well. It is off the beaten path a bit, but well worth it to be away from the traffic noise.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Danyel M, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Richmond Short Pump, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience here at Wingate by Wyndham Short Pump! First of all, let me just say we're so excited to hear your were able to get a good night's rest! Thank you for all the wonderful compliments with our staff services, cleanliness and the decor of our guest rooms, and the comfort of our Wyndham Bedding. We also appreciate the feedback regarding our complimentary full hot breakfast. We may be able to add some additional options in the future to allow all of our guests to enjoy. We're pleased to hear the microwave and mini-fridge provided in our rooms were able to take care of your needs. We're looking forward to having you here with us again in the near future.
Brownsville, Texas
Reviewed April 5, 2013

the entire staff was so nice and helpful. the room was spacious and the bed was super comfortable, the front desk staff was awesome. they pretty much dropped everything to accommodate us. i am so happy with my stay that this is the ONLY hotel im going to stay in every time i visit richmond. =)

Room Tip: any room is great!!!! theyre clean and spacious
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
WOW! Thank you for sharing your recent experience here at Wingate by Wyndham Short Pump! We're ecstatic to hear of your overall happiness with the Exceptional Service of our entire Team, our spacious guest rooms, and your comfort with our Wyndham Bedding. We'd love to be your "Home Away From Home" whenever you visit Richmond, VA.
Norfolk, Virginia
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Really great value for money. I logged in specifically to write them a nice review. My husband and i stayed with our five year old and one year old. The room was big with lots of room for all of us. Kids loved the pool which was clean and well looked after. Nice staff and the breakfast was even pretty good!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience here at Wingate by Wyndham Short Pump! We're excited to hear you, and your family had a comfortable stay and were able to enjoy our spacious guest rooms, the use of our heated indoor pool, and our complimentary hot breakfast. It's great to hear we met your expectations and was able to offer a good price. Our goal is to provide a "High Value for a Low Cost". We truly appreciate the positive feedback. We're looking forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Richmond, VA.