“Terrific”

Ranked #19 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
Richmond, Virginia
“Terrific”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

During a snow storm power outage, we stayed at this hotel. Jaggi, the desk clerk, was very nice and helped us with a smile and was very professional. The room was immaculate and the bed was a delight? A full hot breakfast was included in the room rate and it was fabulous. We would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: The king bed rooms are HUGE. The queen rooms not so much.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
HeinsRyan, Director of Sales at Wingate by Wyndham Richmond Short Pump, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Gveades,

Awesome review and know that we truly do appreciate the support and warm reviews. Snow storms in March? What is happening in Richmond? Our housekeeping works extremely hard to maintain such clean rooms, especially trying to keep the new feeling after only being 4 years old! We love the recommendations.

Regards,
Ryan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Allen, Texas, Usa
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I was staying at this hotel for 6 days, 5 nights. This was a business trip. I arrived and all was well until I started to utilize some of the features of the room, my heat/ac wouldn't stay consistent and was up all night the first two nights. When trying to work from my room, I was unable to connect to the internet nor to my work connection. The next day I tried purchasing a movie and was advised "unavailable" on my screen. I had to call the front desk 3x to get them to "test" it and was advised to wait for someone to look at it the next day. This didn't happen. When I went down to get a tech person to come up (the next evening), I found that my window or ac unit had leaked all over my carpet on the entire side of the room. I was then forced to pack up and move rooms. I then moved, tv worked, but still no internet. I tried contacting "room service" which was the "Takeout Taxi" which had was closed for the area that I was in, when calling the front desk, I was then advised by front desk to contact them for service. I was given take-out menus from a drawer, which all were also closed. I ended up checking out a day early due to all of these headaches.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Manakin Sabot
Reviewed March 11, 2013

The gent receiving us in was super friendly and totally knew the program. He even signed me up for your rewards program which i knew nothing about. That was painless. I was tired after driving in from Charlottesville from work and not having power in my home for several days. So i needed no complications. Your location is great and easy to find. While i live only 8 minutes away i think your location would be easy to find by any traveler. Anyway, I believe the greeting from the gent receiving my son and i made a huge difference. Coupled to a nice clean room, clean bathroom, a mini fridge, nice tv, and good sleeping bed, I would def recommend this Wingate to all my friends! P.S. - Parking was easy!! Thanks!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Danyel M, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Richmond Short Pump, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Thank you for sharing your recent experience here at Wingate by Wyndham Short Pump! We delighted to hear of your overall satisfaction with the comfort and cleanliness of our spacious guest rooms. It's good to know you and your son were able to get a good night's rest. As for the "Gent" servicing you upon check-in, his name is Jaggi. I'll definitely share your compliments with him. Be sure to check out all the perks as a Wyndham Rewards Member. Building Loyalty over your travels will certainly earn you many value adds. Stop by and join us again in the near future whenever you need a place to stay in Richmond, VA.
West Sussex
Reviewed March 9, 2013

I am usually a fan of Wingate's but i wasn't impressed with this one. I emailed the week before my stay to confirm the booking and never received a reply. Never the less we had a room reserved when we turned up so all was well!! The room stank of stale curry - if they allow people to eat takeaway in the rooms then they should invest in some deodoriser, but as only there for one night we let that slide. Only the two large towels supplied, one of which was torn and falling apart. We had a room on the 2nd floor on the front and could hear an intermittent loud humming noise - we though someone was drilling somewhere else in the building but it went on and on and eventually we narrowed it down to the lifts going up and down - every time one of them moved you could hear the vibration through the walls. On return from dinner at 7.30 there was a party in the conference room...right below our room, when i went to ask how long the unbelievably loud music was going to continue thumping on for, i was told another hour and a half or so - no apology. I understand 9pm is not late but when you have jet lag and just want to watch some tv and go to sleep, the latest hip hop drowning out everything else is not welcome... although it did mean we couldn't hear the lifts for a while, It should have been mentioned to us at check in. Only good point was the location, but cant recommend this hotel. Last reviewer had a narrow escape!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Danyel M, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Richmond Short Pump, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience here at Wingate by Wyndham Short Pump. We truly appreciate you bringing your concerns to our attention. The "Voice of the Customer" is key to meeting and exceeding expectations. Your comments were reviewed with our Team. Please know, we do care and sincerly apologize we failed to take great care of you and your family during your stay with us.