“great room, great breakfast, great rate”

Wingate by Wyndham Richmond Short Pump
Ranked #20 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed August 18, 2012

I would stay here again. Nice hotel, excellent complimentary hot breakfast. Friendly staff. Clean rooms. Not great sleeping for babies. Pack and play a bit dirty and no sheets for the pack N play. I asked for cleaner to clean it and they brought a bottle of windex.

No room service or restaurant on site but there is delivary service that bring food from all area restaurants. We used it and they were pretty good.

Convenient and I would stay here again.

There are newer reviews for Wingate by Wyndham Richmond Short Pump

Reviewed August 18, 2012

This hotel was perfectly located for us to visit our son who lives near the Short Pump Mall. It's fairly new, clean and very comfortable. With underground parking, a free (though bland) breakfast and every amenity most travelers could want, our 5 day stay was really great. And you couldn't be closer to the high end Short Pump Mall if shopping is your thing. All in all, I suspect we'll stay there again .... and again!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

My family and I always go to King's Dominion every summer. The hotel we normally stay at has finally ran its course we need to stay at the new place. Who ,can argue with clean rooms, great atmosphere and free breakfast, real breakfast. This hotel was well worth the extra miles from the park...and I received a deal from priceline; will stay again for sure.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 17, 2012

As always, this is a very nice hotel. The complimentary breakfasts are great. The pool is nice as well. The hotel is also in a great, convenient location. The staff is very friendly. Everything seems very clean.

Sleep quality: bring ear plugs. The air conditioner in the room is VERY noisy, although it may have just been my room. In a previous stay, I got to hear the elevators go up and down all night; I did not notice the A/C noise on that stay. The king sized bed is too close to the A/C which aggrivates the noise problem as well as cause you to be too warm or too cold all night long.

Reviewed August 17, 2012

Excellent facility, but poorly managed. Booked a hotel with a pool so we could swim at night. Went to pool at 8:30pm and sign "closed 2 hours for chemical cleaning." Went to front desk to see when it was closed and when it re-open. Turns out the chemicals were in the hot-tub, but they closed the whole pool to keep people out of the hot tub. No answer as to why this couldn't be done after the pool closed. No manager on duty until Monday. Next morning went to the breakfast. One lady trying to maintain the wide selection of food was just not enough. She was working hard, but impossible to keep up. Some guests were pushy, but others tried to chip in and help. Finally, she got the attention of the lady at the desk and said "That's it! I quit!" However, she went back to the kitchen and continued to do the best she can. Housekeeper's never smiled. I used the computer in the business office. Slower than dial-up!

Reviewed August 16, 2012

Overall the stay was good. Room was clean but it did smell like cigarettes. The window was open when we got to the room so either the smell came from outside or the last resident smoked out the window. Only other complaint is towels; we only got two towels and two hand towels, no wash cloths.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 15, 2012

I enjoyed my stay, but the last day, as I checked out, I asked for my receipt and the clerk said that since I registered online, then the receipt would be sent to me in an e-mail. I checked out 5 days ago and still have not received my receipt. This has been very frustrating and I wish that I would have pressed the clerk for my receipt, but I trusted his word which appears to be a mistake now.