“Amazing hotel for an amazing price”

Wingate by Wyndham Richmond Short Pump
Ranked #20 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Situated in the premier shopping and dining area of Richmond known as Short Pump, we chose this hotel after reading positive reviews on Trip Advisor. And I'm glad we did. The room was half the cost of other hotels for a similar room and the price included breakfast and parking. Our room was huge with a comfortable king-size bed. The gentleman who checked us in (Derrick, I think?) was very accommodating and honored our special room requests cheerfully. The room was also quiet -- a big plus. All in all, a great experience.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank thyme2g0
Write a ReviewReviews (1,323)

Reviewed July 27, 2011

Stopped for one night on our way to Charlottesville. Hotel was clean, room was neat. Arriving to the front door is a little frustrating as you have to wind your way off the highway to get to the hotel. Short Pump mall is upscale and has lots to offer in ways of places to eat and shop.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 21, 2011

We were in town for a lacrosse tournament with our daughter and her team, and we all stayed at this hotel. We were very happy with the hotel in general. The room was spacious, comfortable and clean, which is very important to me! We appreciated the breakfast that was included with the room to get us out the door quickly. We would definitely stay here again, and would seek out another Wingate by Wyndham in the future if we needed a place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 7, 2011

I stayed at this Wingate Inn Sunday night, July 3rd. It was the first time I have ever had a stay at a Wingate Inn. The room I had was very comfortable, and it was spacious. Everything worked well in the room. The staff that I interacted with was very helpful, and accommodating. Overall, a very good experience, and I would certainly come here again when in the area for a night.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed June 30, 2011

We spent 2 nights in this hotel. I was very impressed with the sound-proofing and the very quiet A/C unit. The property was spotless, including the elevators. The room, a king single was large and comfortable. Bathroom was well designed and very clean. The underground parking is a nice feature and the spaces are large enough that you don't worry about door dings. The breakfast was a bit disorganized, but in deference to the staff, having several youth soccer teams arrive in a very short time frame could throw any schedule off. Only having one 2 slice toaster available seemed a bit frugal and about impossible to access. I will definitely stay there again if circumstances permit.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 29, 2011

Stayed one night as a stop over to our final destination based on reviews here on TA. Very nice room and a great price. It is a bit off the highway, but it was well worth it!!

The room was spacious and super clean. The only thing is the bathroom door is very awkward. You have to be in there and move around the toilet to get it closed. Nice shower too.

Fridge and microwave in the room and wonderful flat screen LCD tv. I could have stayed up all night watching it if I didn't have to get up early & get back on the road.

The only thing I would improve is the breakfast, not only the food, but keeping it well stocked. When we got to it around 8ish it was cleaned out, even the utensils. It took a bit for the person to restock it even though she was working at it pretty quickly. I'm wondering if it might need to be monitored more often. At any rate, the eggs & sausage were extremely salty and the juice glasses are soo tiny!

The person who checked us in could have been friendlier. It was late, so maybe he was tired. The parking is tight so try to get there early. We were late arrivals. All and all for the price I would stay again.

Room Tip: Best price was at hotel website.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank ChiSox
Reviewed June 28, 2011

I only stayed at this hotel for one night. It was very enjoyable. The only reason I didn't give it five stars is because when I asked for a late check out on Sunday morning the guy at the front desk was very rigid and denied my request. When my friends called down to the front desk to ask for a late check out the person (not the same one) had no problem giving them a late check out. Which was after I asked.
The beds are very comfortable and the room was very clean. It is in a great location with lots to do around there. Plus close to the soccer fields.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family