“Great stay!”

Wingate by Wyndham Richmond Short Pump
Ranked #19 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed June 29, 2011

Stayed one night as a stop over to our final destination based on reviews here on TA. Very nice room and a great price. It is a bit off the highway, but it was well worth it!!

The room was spacious and super clean. The only thing is the bathroom door is very awkward. You have to be in there and move around the toilet to get it closed. Nice shower too.

Fridge and microwave in the room and wonderful flat screen LCD tv. I could have stayed up all night watching it if I didn't have to get up early & get back on the road.

The only thing I would improve is the breakfast, not only the food, but keeping it well stocked. When we got to it around 8ish it was cleaned out, even the utensils. It took a bit for the person to restock it even though she was working at it pretty quickly. I'm wondering if it might need to be monitored more often. At any rate, the eggs & sausage were extremely salty and the juice glasses are soo tiny!

The person who checked us in could have been friendlier. It was late, so maybe he was tired. The parking is tight so try to get there early. We were late arrivals. All and all for the price I would stay again.

Room Tip: Best price was at hotel website.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank ChiSox
There are newer reviews for Wingate by Wyndham Richmond Short Pump

Reviewed June 28, 2011

I only stayed at this hotel for one night. It was very enjoyable. The only reason I didn't give it five stars is because when I asked for a late check out on Sunday morning the guy at the front desk was very rigid and denied my request. When my friends called down to the front desk to ask for a late check out the person (not the same one) had no problem giving them a late check out. Which was after I asked.
The beds are very comfortable and the room was very clean. It is in a great location with lots to do around there. Plus close to the soccer fields.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 25, 2011

We really liked this hotel. It was very clean and was extremely reasonable pricewise. It was easy to find too. The break fast was great. I would stay here again!! The internet was free and easy to access and parking was right there too -FREE.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank UKWildcatFan012
Reviewed June 10, 2011

Wingate is a great place to rest your weary bones after an arduous day of travel. Bright and cheeful, the rooms are super clean, tastefully decorated and inviting. The bathrooms have granite countertops and look brand new. Thew Front Desk staff totally gets the concept of customer service. They can provide you with information about historic and cultural sights. There is no restaurant, but a complimentary hot breakfast is served in the lobby. The breakfast hostess is friendly and very competent. A sparkling indoor pool beckons the tired traveler. There is also a workout area and a convenience store to purchase snacks. You can walk to many stores and restaurants in the Short Pump Mall. The Wingate gives you value for your dollar...free wifi, free parking....Looking forward to a return trip to Short Pump or anywhere there is a Wingate!

Room Tip: Ask if there is a Manager's Special
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 23, 2011

The Wingate was a bit off the beaten path for us while we were in Richmond for our grandson's college graduation. We chose it on the basis of it's high Trip Advisor rating and significantly lower rates than in-town hotels...and we couldn't have been happier. The drive to and from town, which we did three or four times, was no problem at all. The desk clerk at check-in was both friendly and attentive. Our room was clean and spacious. The bathroom was just as clean, if a little less spacious. (It also lacked a towel rack which we don't unerstand when there was plenty of wall space for one.) The bed was wonderfully comfortable. And the breakfast was as good as you're going to get, including real sausage and bacon.

For a nearby dinner, we'd highly recommend The Firebird at nearby Short Pump Mall. It's hard to imagine there was any better food in town, and the Mall was just a mile down the road.

In short, we couldn't have been happier with our choice of hotels. We may not have occasion to stay at this particular Wingate again, but we'll definitely look favorably at the Wingate name if we see them in other locations where we might travel.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 25, 2011

For starters, we selected this hotel for the following reasons- availability of connecting rooms (a must when travelling with toddlers), a heated indoor pool, hot breakfast, and positive reviews on TripAdvisor.

Too many places tell me that they will "ask" for connecting rooms but can't guarantee it. I have three toddlers. If you can't guarantee the type room, I don't make the reservation. Wingate made the guarantee, and the rooms were just what they were supposed to be.

What we found- large rooms that were clean and comfortably appointed. These are some of the largest rooms I have found at this level of quality and price. Everything was neat and clean, and smelled clean as well. The carpets passed the white sock test, and that always makes me feel better. The connecting doors were in a good spot AND stayed open (or closed, as desired) without requiring propping. This is the type benefit that you only notice if you need it, and as we did, we were well pleased with the results. Both rooms were easily large enough to accomodate a roll-away bed or crib if we had wanted one. The beds were among the most comfortable hotel beds I have ever slept in. My only problem with my bed was that the pillows were too thick.

The pool was clean and warm enough- in my experience, most pools that claim to be heated are still too cold to swim in most of the time. This was quite nice. Another couple of degrees would have made ME happier, but it was quite acceptible, and the children loved it. The whirlpool was nice and clean and hot enough without being too hot.

Hot breakfast- standard fare one normally sees in hotels without a resturant. Heated omelets, biscuits and gravy, assorted pasteries, fresh fruits, yogurt and cereals. Fresh waffles. Plenty to keep us going. Nothing fancy, but fresh, plentiful, and restocked regularly throughout the meal time.

All staff members we interacted with were friendly, helpful, and professional.

My only dissatisfaction with this hotel was that it was quite a haul from the interstate along a road with VERY heavy traffic. It will not keep me from staying here again. This property meet the needs of my family very well, and will probably be our property of choice when we are in Richmond.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed April 23, 2011

Spent four nights on vacation with my wife. Traveled easily to downtown historic sites. Surrounded by malls, restaurants..Exceptionally personable front desk, good breakfast,new and clean. The 24-hour coffee was a nice treat.Ample free parking. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple