The Berkeley Hotel
$275
Preferred Hotels
$119
1,016 results
All reviewsshockoe slipsmall hotelcobblestone streetvalet parkingtobacco companylovely hotelvalet servicecanal walkstreet parkingrestaurants and shopslocation is greatshockoe bottomroom was largegreat roomfront desk staffsouthern hospitalitybed was comfortable
997 - 1,002 of 1,016 reviews
Reviewed July 24, 2006

I took my family to the Berkeley Hotel and we were very happy with the service and accomodations. It is right in the middle of the city and walking distance from great bars and restuarants. I booked two king rooms with sitting areas, but when we checked in, they gave us adjoining rooms with a front hall between the rooms with a seperate door which made it a suite. The room was big and had a long balcony. I parked at the front door and took advantage of their valet parking. The kids had room service while we went out and had a great dinner. The staff was friendly and even helped me when I accidently booked for the wrong nights (brain fart from jet lag...). I will stay here again next time I am in Richmond.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
2  Thank wacka
Reviewed June 25, 2006

We found this hotel to be quite comfortable. Met friends and had adjoining corner rooms with common terrace overlooking Cary Street. Above average, but not the finest. Was very nice to be downtown and able to walk every place. Did not dine in the restaurant. Room price for midweek were very good. Would return.

• Stayed: June 2006
1  Thank AbingdonManor
A TripAdvisor Member
Charlottesville, Virginia
Reviewed August 4, 2005

Above average room -- but we were unfortunatley right next to the darn ice machine and could hear the motor running and the clunk of the cubes all night! Weekend rate seemed reasonable -- and we had a terrace/balcony over Cary Street.

I am scared of the prices at the Jefferson. Next time may try the Omni. I wish I could recommend the Berkeley unconditionally, but I can't. CD in radio did not work. Not very good (and pricey) breakfast. Little things. Comfortable bed = yes.

• Stayed: July 2005
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 4, 2005

The room was spacious. Our toilet didn't flush right. They came and fixed it right away, but it still didn't work too good. The walls must be very thin, because a salesman was in the room next to us and we could hear him talking on the phone constantly. The location is fantastic if you like to walk. It was so nice not to have to drive. The hotel has a complimentary car and they took us to the White House of the Confederacy. Most of the staff was VERY friendly and helpful. We had a waiter at breakfast who ignored us and my husband talked to the manager who smoothed things over and paid for our breakfast, but it left a bad feeling for us. We've stayed in a lot nicer places for less than what we paid here.

• Stayed: June 2005
2  Thank thebandteacher
A TripAdvisor Member
Virginia Beach, VA
Reviewed May 14, 2005

Very noisy. Not that luxurious for the price. Terrible parking in the area.

• Stayed: May 2005, traveled on business