“Front Desk Rude”
Review of The Berkeley Hotel

The Berkeley Hotel
Ranked #8 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Well, first I want to say that once the manager came to assist us with our reservation, our issues were resolved. So thank U, Tamika Quarles. But as a manager you should consider customer service training for your front desk staff. I and a good friend were guest and there was a mix up with our reservation. The hotel was fully booked, Adrian was probably the most rudest and unprofessional front desk person, ever (and I travel a lot). In frustration I said said to him in you gotta help us, his reply, I aint't gotta do nothing. Wow. And the other front desk person Scarlett didn't even attempt to help. So nearly a hour later, we asked to see the manager, and Adrian goes to get the manager.

I plan to visit your city again, so much to do and see, but my experience with you hotel has left such an unfavorable opinion that I will to go where treating guests with respect is routine.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Tamika Q, General Manager at The Berkeley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

I apologize for the experience you had with our front desk agent. Please know that this is not a normal occurance. I am glad to hear that management was able to turn this around for you while still on property. I hope you will try us again on your next visit to RIchmond.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

The Hotel is down town and close to the business district, restaurants and clubs. If your under 40 there a lot of clubs in the area. The rooms are small but clean. The food at the restaurant was OK nothing where I had to go back again for. Do not order a dry martini, the worst I ever had. Staff was very friendly. The hotel was good but I do not think I will be going back. I cant put my finger on why but something was missing.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Tamika Q, General Manager at The Berkeley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. Our unique property has many room types where no two rooms are the same yet each has its own charm. I would love to hear more about your stay so that I may discuss with the staff. We are always looking for ways to grow.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

this Inn was so perfect for our trip. The view from our room was the tobacco company across the street which was like being in a movie. Our room was charming and the linens on the bed were so cozy. All of the staff was great , I can't say enough about this place. We would really like to visit again.

Room Tip: tell them you are celebrating a special occasion and they will take care of you. We got a nice upgra...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 2, 2013

My favorite place to stay in Richmond while on business has just lost a step or two ver the summer. Lights in the room are not that bright for these old eyes, had to get on hands and knees to find a plug to charge the phone and surprised this room did not have an easier access for that. Called to get wake up call at 1 am after getting in late and no one answered the call. Breakfast was interesting when i ordered granola and yogurt. Got a large bowl full of granola and dried fruit and about a half cup of Yogurt which we thought was odd and while my horse may have loved it, it was not that appealing for human consumption. Strange as this used to be on eof the better hotels in the area.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 28, 2013

We stayed here for one night. The room was very clean and not like a cookie cutter hotel chain. It had charm to it. The only real complaints I had was the bed was too firm. It was a nice quality bed but too firm for my taste. The air conditioner also didn't work very well. Not a nice thing to figure out in the middle of the night. I am sure if we would have called and complained they would have made it right, but dealing with that at 3AM didn't sound very enticing.
The hotel staff were all friendly and over all it was a nice hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 25, 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed September 19, 2013

The location of the Berkeley is great. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Our room was a huge corner room with six huge windows. The beds were a bit older, but comfy. I would just recommend not being right on Cary street because the noise from the hotel/bar across the street was pretty loud until 11pm on a Sunday night. The restaurant had great food and really excellent service.

Room Tip: Stay off Cary Street! Our corner room was large, bright and spacious.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Tamika Q, Manager at The Berkeley Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Thank you for reviewing The Berkeley Hotel. We appreciate your kind words about our restaurant, The Dining Room at The Berkeley. We have an excellent Chef, lots of great options and many Gluten Free choices. I'm glad you loved it. Please come see us again soon.