Omni Richmond Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$89
FourPoints.com
$105
Hotels.com
2,134 results
All reviewsjames centertobacco companyvalet parkingrewards programshockoe slipjames rivermini barnice hotelstate capitolwalking distancecorner roomvalet servicecanal walkdowntown areashockoe bottombreakfast buffetfront desk staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 18, 2013

The property is older but it was still nice. Hotel room had your standard amenities. You have to pay for wi-fi in your room. Was in town for the Richmond Marathon. The hotel has a Starbucks in it. The business center is lacking and small. Less expensive hotels have better business centers. The hotel only offers valet service for parking . There is a municipal lot across the street if you want to self park your vehicle.

I had a good experience until the valet service misplaced my car keys and it delayed my departure for dinner one night. One of the attendants left my key fob in his jacket pocket in his locker. To make up for the inconvienience, the valet manager removed our parking charges for our stay, reduced our room rate for one night, comped us on breakfast for the next morning. They also sent up fruit and cheese plate and a bottle of Merlot. I was very heated but the manager took charge and tried to make up for the error of her staff.

I do have to admit the staff was very friendly, helpful and professional so that trumps a new property anytime. I love customer focused businesses. This hotel's staff really gets it. I would consider staying here again but it would cost major coin to stay here.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Tredawg94
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Our first room smelled strongly of mold. We were switched to another room, but the bellman handed us our new key and then walked away and left us to lug up all of our bags. No rollaway beds were available, so despite a couple of requests for a solution, our child had to sleep on a chair. Extra bedding was provided. The hotel was at full occupancy, and didn't deal well with it. Parking staff, housekeeping staff, and many other employees were very nice.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Nicole E
Reviewed November 18, 2013

We stayed at this location for two days. On the second day, no one made up our room until after 8:00 PM despite three separate reminders. The front desk staff told us they were too busy and there was no answer from the housekeeping phone.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Fred B
Reviewed November 18, 2013

The Omni is consistently a great place to stay. I've stayed there six years consecutively for the Richmond Marathon and it's always quiet and clean. The staff is very friendly and helpful. It's a bargain for downtown Richmond.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 17, 2013

I stayed for one night before Running in the Richmond Marathon. I was very disappointed with my stay and cannot understand how this hotel could possibly be considered a luxury establishment as advertised on its website.

Here are the pros and cons as I see them:

Pros:
Smooth parking and check in
Room was clean and a good size
Comfortable bed

Cons:
Despite knowing there was a major running event in town, it seemed that poor planning was to blame for some issues and apparent incompetence for others:
1. It took over an hour to get served anything at dinner (even water and wine) despite the restaurant being at less than 75 % capacity. The waiter was very nice and said they were busy. Even the hostess was clearing tables. The food was awful, dry as if it had sat under a heat lamp for 30 mins.
2. As I was running the marathon the next day, I had ordered room service breakfast by leaving an order on my door the night before. The food never came and when I called front desk to ask, she told me she'd call back and never did. I needed to eat a set number of hours before the race and when I called back and explained, she told me she'd provide a voucher for Starbucks. But Starbucks wasn't going to open until 30 mins after the time I had to eat! It was so hopeless.
3. We had asked for. Late checkout. Now, I understand that the hotel was busy but they were so rude on the phone. A blunt "no" without explanation. It was as if the staff had been programmed to be blunt about requests for late checkout that day. I explained that I was running my first marathon and that it was my birthday (a major one) and that I wanted to shower afterwards. Very little help, just very negative staff.

I had such a bad experience that I never want to stay at an Omni Hotel again. I had some idea that this was a high quality luxury brand but my experience tells me otherwise.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple