“Excellent Sleep spoilded by Linen's”

Omni Richmond Hotel
Ranked #16 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Great experience. Bed's sleep like fluffy clouds and room design are a highlight. A smoothly run business with great service in a quiet atmosphere. Location is perfectly placed on the edge of The Slip. Great for foodies and pub crawlers.

1  Thank Chris K
Write a ReviewReviews (2,040)

Reviewed September 24, 2013

A colleague and I recently spent one night at the Omni and attended an all day conference the following day. We paid $20 to valet when we arrived and they kept our car all of the next day until we were done with the conference even though we checked out first thing that morning. They even brought our car up so we could pack it before going to the conference. All staff were very helpful and polite.

We had a basic room with 2 full/queen beds (I didn't make the reservation so I'm not positive about the bed size). The hotel itself is beautiful and clean. Our room on the 11th floor was lovely, spacious, and clean; our view from the large window was great, too. The bed was fantastic - very comfortable and lush bedding. The bathroom was quite big as well. We had a mini fridge and a coffee maker. My friend tried to use the coffee maker and had lots of problems with it...not sure if was the machine or operator error.

The Omni is in a perfect location. We walked to nearby restaurants for dinner and lunch. There are many amazing high end restaurants nearby and the streets are gorgeous to walk at anytime of day or night. The area is just charming – beautiful, quaint, gorgeous old buildings, and while there are people walking and cars going by, it is still peaceful and exciting at the same time. There is a Starbucks and restaurant inside the hotel as well. Lastly, the area for our conference was nice. The room was large to accommodate everyone and was beautiful. The set up and use of the computer, projection, and A/V equipment was flawless. We were served a continental breakfast of coffee, various juices (that weren’t labeled so I did get a mouthful of the wrong juice), and assorted fruit and pastries. Staff worked hard to ensure everything was replenished as needed and they were constantly cleaning up the used dishes and trash.

The Omni and staff accommodated us and our conference beautifully. I plan to return with my husband just for a quick getaway to enjoy the surrounding area for the beautiful streets and great restaurants.

1  Thank ucstefi
Reviewed September 24, 2013

From the website, I expected a lot more from such a highly rated hotel. My work paid for the hotel stay, so I am not as upset as I would have been had I paid out-of-pocket. The tub should drain automatically. As it did not drain well, I had to turn the shower's water pressure down to keep from the tub filling up. There should not be mold in the shower (especially as much as was present). Sheets should be thrown out when stained- not washed and reused. Also, others' hair was visible on the "fresh" sheets. That's disgusting. There were very large red stains all over the carpet that I was grossed out to be near. I woke up at 3am from a spider in my bed. Overall, I expected at least a clean place to stay. I was glad they offered to move me out of the room, but by that time, I was already unpacked and did not want to go through the hassle. I am thankful for the breakfast buffet (for 2) they provided to try to rectify the situation. I also liked the free Starbucks for Select Guests.

1  Thank Christina M
Reviewed September 23, 2013

This hotel provides outstanding service in all areas. Friendly and accommodating staff, excellent amenities, value, and central location in downtown Richmond. All personnel were helpful with special requests and every level of service was performed to our satisfaction. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 23, 2013

This is a A+ hotel. This is very clean, friendly hotel. Our room was very large, with plenty of room to move around in. We had a king size bed. The sheets were nice and soft. Lots of blankets. The bathroom was large. Plenty of hot water with great water pressure. Nice soft towels. The staff were very friendly. You are always great with a smile and a warm hello. If you are looking for a hotel in Richmond, Va, this is the one you want to stay at.We will be coming back.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I've stayed here twice. Nice hotel overall. Great location and friendly staff. No microwave in room or in hotel for your use (in case you have leftovers or bring your own breakfast). Mini-bar is tiny so no real access to fridge to keep water cold. No free Wi-Fi. Extremely noisy hallways - got an awful nights sleep.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Located in the middle of downtown Richmond, conveniant to everything. Great hotel and great service and the staff is very accomodating. Walking distance to great restaurants and pubs, capitol and you can grab a quick taxi to the river area.

1  Thank Karl E L