“Reliably good, but showing her age.”

Omni Richmond Hotel
Ranked #16 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

In downtown Richmond, VA, there is not a great choice in full service hotels. I have stayed at the Omni a dozen or so times in the last decade. By Richmond Standards it is quite good. Anywhere else...just ok. More than anything, it is just getting dated. The rooms are small and mine badly needed a deep cleaning and a coat of paint. A cordial and helpful staff, but not really a standout for the brand. All if that said, it beats out almost anything else on the area.

• Stayed: July 2013
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Richmond Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

We appreciate your comments regarding your stay at our hotel and are delighted to be your highest rated hotel in Richmond. With that said, we do regret that you felt there were some areas where we could improve and we can assure you that we are always looking for ways to make improvements. If you return, please do not hesitate to let us know if you have any concerns or feel that there is anything we can do to make your stay more enjoyable.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,040)

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I spent two nights here in mid-July. The hotel is clean, and the rooms are spacious, and it is ina good central locations with many restaraunts and bars in walking distance. There is a Starbucks in the hotel and an Italian restaraunt. The staff was friendly and helpful and there were no issue when I needed to change my schedule. I will stay here again. One tip - sign up for the Omni guest program to get a discount on Wi-Fi.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank timlowe1

Thank you for reviewing the Omni Richmond on TripAdvisor. We are glad you had a great stay and enjoyed the perks of our Select Guest Program. We will look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

Had to rearrange plans travelling back to DC and couldn't get in at the Jefferson so stayed here. It's clean and well presented looking a little tired in some parts. The staff are superb and very friendly. The main problem for me was $18 for breakfast if you have a good choice then yes it's worth it but sadly there wasn't.
There is a great buzzing nightlife, no punk kids but proper classy bars, just ask the desk
And if you can get a high floor!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank stephen j

We appreciate your review and are glad you were happy with your recent stay after a change in plans. We do appreciate your comments regarding breakfast and will share them with our Food and Beverage Team. We also suggest that if you return to our hotel or any other, you can sign up for Select Guest membership at no cost. One of the many perks is morning beverage delivery service that includes an option to add on inexpensive breakfast options. Thank you again for sharing your comments and we hope to serve you again soon.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

My friend and I attended a convention in the area and were directed to stay here for a few days. It is a huge hotel so the experience is a little impersonal. The building itself is nicely furnished and comfortable and every person I dealt with was friendly and helpful. Our room was large with decent amenities although I think a fan in the bathroom and another mirror in the bedroom would be good. The valet parking takes some getting used to; the space is tight with many cars jostling for position although the staff was efficient. It is centrally located to a beautiful old part of town with many restaurants so we enjoyed exploring the area. We walked to the canal boat rides, too, and walked the historic canal walk which is close by. Sunday night, however, the town closes up so there's not much choice then. We used the free boarding pass printer in the business room which was nice. And the taxi stand right outside was helpful, too.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank RetroFan

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Omni Richmond on TripAdvisor. We appreciate all of your comments regarding our hotel and are glad you enjoyed our historic location in Richmond. It would be a pleasure for us to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

My daughter and I stayed here on our way to her college orientation. We were traveling with our pet Westie so was happy to find out that this is a pet friendly hotel for small dogs. On arrival the valet staff was very friendly and patient. There was no grass by the hotel entrance and I was worried that there would not be a place to walk our pet but one of the young men directed me to available lawn area directly behind the hotel. Once we had that figured out we were off to a great stay. The hotel honored my request to be in a room away from the elevators and near the end of the hallway. We had a very nice room with very comfy bedding. We ordered room service which would be my only complaint. The girl who delivered the food was so sweet and helpful so I thought we were off to a good start but the Caesar salad was mediocre, the pizza was cold, and we couldn't eat the dessert. The next morning proved that the food can be wonderful at the hotel. We went down to the restaurant as breakfast was included in our room package. That experience was delightful. Both my daughter and I thoroughly enjoyed our meals. We ordered off the menu and both our server and our table looking out on the elegant office lobby area made for a really nice start to our day. We also had some minor issues with the wi-fi which seemed a little odd for being in a downtown hotel. All and all, it was a great stay and I would say the hotel deserves a 4.5. I would also like to add that I filled out the survey sent by the hotel and that I got a personal response from the manager saying he would look into my concerns about room service and the wi-fi. That goes a long way to making me happy.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank triptidbits

Many thanks for your detailed review on TripAdvisor. We appreciate all of your feedback both here and through our in house survey and are glad we could reach out to you to learn more about your experience. If you return to Richmond, we hope you will once again consider us for your accommodations

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Just stayed the and overall I would say the room was lovely. The quality of the hotel is good and some staff are supberb. However firstly they were a little surprised when I refused a room next to the lifts and ice machine room. So we then had to wait a further hour until a room was ready. After being misdirected for parking I was now a little frustrated and it was the concierge who stepped in and saved the day. She was brilliant and recognised the stay had not got off to the start we all wanted. After that I thought the hotel was good.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Slippylizard

Although we regret that your arrival at the hotel did not go smoother, we are delighted to read that in the end you had a good experience. Thank you for sharing your feedback, both positive and constructive, and we hope you will return soon.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

There were some minor issues with our room which were IMMEDIATLY resolved. The staff, Diane in particular, was amazing! Not only did they go above and beyond, but treated us like royalty and more than made up for our minor issue. Absolutely amazing service! Loved having free Starbucks and a paper in the morning. The breakfast at Trevi's was fabulous, as was the waitstaff. The entire staff and visit was just great. I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family