“Quality Service”

Omni Richmond Hotel
Ranked #17 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed June 5, 2012

I always book my rooms through a 3rd party sight and often times most hotels are short/rude with me since I am a discount customer. I have stayed at least 7 or 8 times in the Omni hotel in the past year and each time I have been greeted warmly and treated as If I am an appreciated customer. As much as I travel, the Omni hotel has always been the cleanest, warmest, amenity-rich hotel that I have frequented.

The true test will come in a couple of weeks. I booked 2 nights, one for a bride-to-be and the next night for the married couple. I notified them of the special occasion and asked if they could help in any way with making this a special weekend for the both of them. We shall see if they "Power of One" is really true and applies to 3rd party travelers as well. Stay tuned!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
Management response:Responded June 27, 2012

We appreciate all of our customers regardless of how they make their reservations and are glad to see this was apparent in your experiences. Thank you for your kind review and we look forward to helping the bride and her new husband celebrate their special weekend!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,082)

Reviewed June 3, 2012

Large, well-appointed rooms with nice views, comfortable beds, decent in-room coffee, and good showerheads. Service was very friendly, from the valets to the bellhops to the front desk. In-house Starbucks a nice convenience. Iced water and apples free in the lobby for all. A chic atmosphere and a convenient location, too. Overnight valet parking was a bit pricey at $20 (versus hourly parking at $3.50 per hour, max $21 overnight) but we were happy to have our cars safely stowed.

Room Tip: Our 16th-floor room had a great view!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded June 27, 2012

Thank you for your complimentary review of the Omni Richmond Hotel. We are glad that all of the associates you came in contact with made you feel welcome and we hope that we will be able to have you as our guest again soon.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Omni recently when we were in town for a religious gathering. The room was comfortable, and the location is convenient, right across the street from Shockoe Slip. I recommend the Omni for anyone visiting Richmond.

Room Tip: The view is best from the top.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CharlesGies
Management response:Responded June 27, 2012

Thank you for recommending the Omni Richmond on TripAdvisor. We are delighted that you had a great stay!

Reviewed May 27, 2012

The Omni Richmond is a wonderful spot in downtown Richmond. The rooms are well-kept and comfortable with clean bathrooms and plenty of hot water.

The lobby is beautiful and well furnished. The staff are the definition of southern charm, one couldn't really ask for better accommodation. I stayed here two nights with my partner and his sister and brother-in-law and his young nephew as a stopover on our way to West Virginia. It was centrally located and a short distance from the airport.

The beds were super comfy (we had king rooms) and the showers were heaven (amazing pressure and ample hot water). We'd be back if it were not for the fact that Richmond is a pretty boring city. (It appears folks only work here so there are not many shops and restaurants.)

All in all, if you're in Richmond you'll want to stay at the Omni.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded June 27, 2012

We are delighted that your recent stay at the Omni Richmond went so well. We appreciate your recommendation on TripAdvisor and we hope for an opportunity to serve you again soon.

Reviewed May 26, 2012

Clean, modern, excellent location for sites, parking a bit expensive, no gym of their own (they use YMCA).

• Stayed: May 2012
Management response:Responded June 27, 2012

Thank you for reviewing the Omni Richmond!

Reviewed May 26, 2012

We stayed two nights at the Omni Richmond on our recent vacation. What wonderful service! Despite being very busy, staff went out of their way to check that everything was fine and always asked if we needed anything. As we waited for our car to be brought up from valet parking we were even offered bottles of water. The rooms are excellent and the hotel location is perfect for walking to interesting shops and restaurants. We would definitely stay here again when in Richmond.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded June 27, 2012

It was a pleasure for us to receive that you received great service throughout your stay at the Omni Richmond. We appreciate your complimentary review and we look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed May 25, 2012

I went to Richmond last weekend to see the sights and stayed at The Omni Hotel Richmond .
The service there was great as I drove up and the valet helped with the car and I went inside to see if I could check in a little early . I had checked in online but had put down a later arrival time . I was able to check in and was given a very nice Omni bag with a camera and bottled water as well as some Richmond literature. Everything went smooth as silk . The room was nice and had some nice amenities and was very clean and neat . My reservation included the breakfast buffet the next morning . The service in the restaurant was slow but we finally got the attention of one of the waiters . The buffet selections were fresh and well presented and they had a made to order omlet station which was nice . I would stay here again and would also not hesitate to stay in other Omni hotels when traveling . A good choice for Richmond and most likely a good choice anywhere .

Room Tip: Pick a high floor for a quieter room .
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Management response:Responded June 27, 2012

We are grateful for your kind review of the Omni Richmond Hotel. We are glad that your experience was smooth as silk and we hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel or another Omni Hotel very soon!