“Very nice hotel--all was great!”

Omni Richmond Hotel
Ranked #13 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
New York, NY
“Very nice hotel--all was great!”
Reviewed August 4, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for a wedding and it was great. One of the few hotels in Richmond that provides a free shuttle which was important to us. It was very clean, up to date, and overall a very nice stay.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Richmond Hotel, responded to this review, September 9, 2011
We are delighted that you enjoyed your time at The Omni Richmond and are glad you were able to take advantage of our shuttle. Thank you for your review and we hope you will return soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Reviewed August 1, 2011

Went to a wedding on July 16, 2011 and stayed at the Omni Richmond. Next day, upon retrieving my car which had been valet parking the night before, for a hefty parking fee of $20, was DISGUSTED in seeing that my beautiful car and myself had been VIOLATED by a ruthless valet parking attendant who took my car for a joyride. The passenger seat was reclined all the way back, HEAVY FINGERPRINTS and HAIR were covering the dashboard. Little imagination is needed to know what happened that night. Issued a verbal complaint with the valet parking manager, M.HARRIS, who did not follow up on the issue. No phone call from the hotel, no mail received to this day. I am DISGUSTED and want my money back, room and all.
J, VA.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank omp71
It was very concerning for us to read this review of our hotel. Our management team has reached out to this guest to learn more about the situation. We take pride in providing excellent customer service in all areas of the hotel including valet. We would like to assure all guests that we are investigating this matter and will take all necessary steps to ensure that the property of our guests' is always treated with respect. Thank you for bringing your situation to our attention and we hope to work with you to find an adequate resolution.
New York
Reviewed July 28, 2011

The room was clean, and the furniture was average. It was not as convienent to historic sights as the hotel's information claimed. The hotel's restaurant was above average in food and service.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Thank you for your review of The Omni Richmond. We are sorry that you felt as if our location was not as central to the historic sites of Richmond as you had hoped for. We have done our best to show distances to many of the historical sites on our website. Although many of the sites are within a few blocks of our hotel there are some that are a little further than walking distance. We are delighted that you enjoyed our restaurant and hope you will return soon.
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed July 27, 2011

We paid $80 for a room at the Omni on Priceline, having decided at the last minute to stop in Richmond on our way to the Outer Banks. Upon arrival, staff was attentive and parked our car immediately. Front desk staff told me there weren't any rooms left with 2 beds so they sent us a rollaway, free of charge. We took what we could get being that we booked on Priceline. Hotel was super crowded but quiet at night. My son loved the pool and the view from our corner room. Location was great, walked around the corner to find dozens of restaurants, pubs, shops. Omni perks also win me over every time. A backpack full of goodies for my son, free wifi, free bottled water, and free room-delivered coffee (or juice) in the morning. Be sure to join their frequent guest program to receive these perks.
Now for the TLC - I was shocked at the condition of this room! Dirty, old, stained chair with crumbs all over (and under) it. No outlets to speak of in the room. Old, uncomfortable beds (but great bedding). Just generally in disrepair. Even rollaway bed was an old rubber pad tied together (when unopened) with a frayed bungee cord. What? The Omni???? Clean this place up guys!! You've got the makings of a great hotel!
Bottom line - I'd stay here again for $80, or even more if it was cleaned up. We had a good experience with everything else in the hotel (even the Jehovah Witness conventioneers were nice). Would have loved nicer beds and a newer chair!

Room Tip: There are plenty of corner rooms at this hotel - ask for one.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
We appreciate all of your compliments and even your constructive feedback about your stay at The Omni Richmond Hotel. Although it has always been a priority, we have a renewed focus and strategy in place to maintain the clean beautiful rooms that should be expected at any Omni. Thank you for your review and we do hope you will have the opportunity to return to experience a stay that meets all of your expectations.
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed July 27, 2011

I only stayed at this hotel one night. The area of downtown Richmond is borderline "seedy". North of the hotel its nice and south of the hotel is scary. Since I was on business the company paid for the hotel, I hate to pay $135.00 per night, $20.00 parking and $10.00 for internet. I believe a Courtyard would be an upgrade to this hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank dlatham
We appreciate your feedback from your recent stay. It is always beneficial for us to understand the perceptions of our customers and thank you for taking the time to leave feedback.
Australia
Reviewed July 26, 2011

We enjoyed our stay, the hotel was clean and quite well maintained. Our room had a very comfortable bed and no intrusive noise. We had a buffet breakfast included, and there was a good choice of healthy fruits, breads and cereals and also bacon, sausage and a chef to cook eggs any way you like. The hotel has a shuttle van that will take you (and return you) to anywhere with in about 3 mile. There are bars and restaurants within walking distance, if you are there on a friday night, walk down to Browns island for Friday Cheers - music and beer in the park, all well supervised and enjoyable.
The bell/doormen were always helpful with answers to "how do I get to" questions and especially Eddie, a gentleman.

Room Tip: We were on the 16th floor and we did not hear any noise from nightclubs or street etc
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
We are glad you enjoyed your time at The Omni Richmond. Thank you for your complimentary review and we hope to welcome you back soon!
Northern California
Reviewed July 7, 2011

I could write a novel...and I did write a novel to the president of the Omni chain...but he hasn't responded back to me yet. I'll try to keep it brief. I travel A LOT on business and have stayed at several Omni Hotels. Never had a bad experience until staying at the Omni in Richmond VA. The rooms are old and dingy and dirty. The staff would not help me at 1:00 in the morning when I arrived. The bathroom tile had mold in the grout. The safe wasn't working properly, the elevators were broken and I had to wait 25 minutes to get downstairs in the morning, the coffee was awful. You get the picture. Oh, and to top it off...they charged my credit card over $1400.00 on THE FIRST DAY for NO REASON. It took me a week to get that fixed... I understand that things happen. The only way to judge a company is based on how they respond when things go wrong. The Omni did not live up to their promise as a 'five star' company in my opinion and I will never stay at an Omni again. This is coming from a person who used to RAVE about this hotel chain to anyone who would listen. It's a bad thing to lose a customer like me.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
8 Thank Biztraveler777
We were disappointed to read about your experience at The Omni Richmond Hotel. Please accept our apologies for the various issues that you experienced. We have spent the last few months making improvements and repairs to our guest rooms to ensure that all accommodations meet the luxury expectations of our customers. All of your comments and feedback are very important to us and we are certain that by now you have heard back from our guest relations department. We do not want any negative experience to go unaddressed. Please accept our apologies for your less than satisfactory experience and we hope for the opportunity to win back your loyalty to our company.