“Nice Property...Great Staff” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
Enfield, North Carolina
“Nice Property...Great Staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

The Westin Richmond is conveniently located off Interstate 64 in a quiet area. Our check in time was longer than anticipated (because of an issue customers before us were trying to settle and tonly one person working at the counter). The staff member checking us in was polite, but not necessarily friendly. Upon check out, however, we encountered extremely friendly and pleasant staff members. I can't remember the staff members' names, but the female staff member that checked us out and I began chatting and realized that she had family members from my hometown. The gentleman at the counter beside her was friendly also. We ate breakfast at Crossings Restaurant; the waitress was courteous and attentive. As for the food, it was decent.

True to the Westin standard, the guest rooms were clean and nicely furnished. The bed was comfortable and the shower was lovely. What was missing: a refrigerator & microwave. There was a locked mini bar, but I expected a refrigerator for storing my personal beverages (I can live without a microwave). At any rate, I would definitely stay at this hotel again if I had business in this area/part of Richmond.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
WestinRichmond, General Manager at The Westin Richmond, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Dear MsPearl105, thank you for staying with us and for your positive comments regarding your visit. I am glad that you had a pleasant experience overall. Thank you for pointing our both some positives and some areas that we can continue to work on to create the "wow" factor. On your next trip, please let us know in advance and we will make every effort to provide a complimentary fridge for your room; it would be our pleasure to accommodate this easy request. Until then, thank you for your business. We look forward to serving you again soon. Be well, Feliks Schwartz - General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
  • Korean first
Sanford, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2013

I was offered an overnight stay. Upon my arrival I was very impressed. The staff was friendly and very helpful. The room was very clean. I really loved the shower it had two heads that was a first for me. It was close to everything. It was really worth the stay.

Room Tip: The rooms in front
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear Deachbums360, thank you for your recent visit and for taking the time to post a 5 star review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the hotel and the service you received. I am also glad you enjoyed the Westin Heavenly Shower! I trust we will be seeing you again when your travels return you to Richmond. Stay well, Feliks Schwartz - General Manager
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

We frequently take car trips with our pets and more often than not are relegated to fairly run down motels as a consequence. This Westin was a great exception - all the terrific facilities you'd expect (particularly the shower and the bed) and a genuinely welcoming attitude about our 2 little dogs. Real convenient from I-95. By the way - try the hamburger from room service - excellent!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
WestinRichmond, General Manager at The Westin Richmond, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Dear Glen S, thank you for visiting us with your canine companions. I am pleased to hear that we exceeded your expectations with our pet friendly program as well as the quality of the burger you had through in room dining. We will continue to work hard to provide this superior quality of product and service and thank you for taking note. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip through Richmond. Thank you again, Feliks Schwartz - General Manager
La Plata, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

Just prior to making the reservation here, I signed up for their rewards program (SPG). Within a few days of our arrival I received an email from a hotel reservations coordinator (Michael) welcoming us in advance. I won't bore you with the details, but suffice to say he and everyone we encountered at the hotel were friendly and made us feel as though we had been Starwood Preferred Customers for much longer than just a few weeks. They went out of their way to satisfy our needs, and we even got an anniversary card slipped under the door that had actual signed congratulations from many of the staff. What a thoughtful touch!! We were on the 7th floor (Executive Level) that has special features exclusively for guests on that floor.
The Crossings Restaurant in the hotel was our choice for dining, and our food was delicious. I had 7oz filet mignon with shrimp special - the steak was perfectly prepared.
Stay here when in the area!!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear Cliff C, thank you so very much for sharing your special anniversary getaway with us as well as your time in writing such a nice review of your experience. I am thrilled that Michael took such good care of you prior to your arrival and that my team wowed you with a nice anniversary card. Thank you as well for your nice comments about our restaurant and the overall service and experience in the hotel. We are grateful for your business and look forward to seeing you again in the future. Stay well, Feliks Schwartz - General Manager
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

On a previous visit there was a water problem - it was cold - broken pump was the explanation given to me. Now another visit and cold water in my room two mornings in a row. On checking out I was informed they were aware of the problem and the engineers were working on it. Perhaps it would have been better customer service to informed guests ahead of time. I am so glad I had not gone to the exercise room this trip and then returned to my room not being able to shower. It actually ruined my entire stay and I had used my suite upgrades also. The room was very nice, but it was so disappointing not being able to shower or soak in the bath as I had planned. Now this has happened twice, not sure that I will take a chance a third time, might need to find another property for my return trip to Richmond next month. One plus, at least the concierge lounge evening food was very wholesome, and served as my evening meal. Very pleasant staff in the lounge also as always friendly and very willing to help.

Green Features: Even though going green is my usual choice, it would be nice if the room was checked to see if any supplies were needed. My room was not entered and there were no coffee cups for morning coffee replaced.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear Anne A, thank you for continuing to stay with us and for providing further feedback regarding your stay. I am so very apologetic that we sustained issues with the hot water service. I know this is never good timing and I assure you we have worked hard to correct the mechanical issue which has since been resolved. As per my personal email to you, I assure you this was an short term issue which we hope will not be a problem in the future. I am glad however to hear that you enjoyed the Executive Club Lounge and the service you received in that area. I truly hope you will consider staying with us in the future. Be well, Feliks Schwartz - General Manager
La Mesa, New Mexico
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

A beautiful property with a very friendly helpful staff. Helpful with our many, many irritating problems. Card keys did not work on first try, hot water faucet on bathroom vanity was loose and by the next morning could not be shut off, a large permanent stain on the chaise lounge, TV did not work on second night of stay and the worst problem was the single serve coffee packs and cups were not replaced when room was cleaned. As we were leaving, we stopped by the business center to print boarding passes and the printer did not work. For the price of the rooms, I feel that we encountered too many issues. We splurged on a Westin because we were in need of a very comfortable bed for a tiring trip and were enticed by the "heavenly" bed advertising. The bed was not that comfortable. Sadly disappointed in this pretty, friendly property and will probably stay somewhere else for our next annual Richmond trip.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Pat N
WestinRichmond, General Manager at The Westin Richmond, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear PatN, Thank you for your recent visit and for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your stay. While it is important to hear positive feedback, it is comments like yours that are truly beneficial for me to see through your eyes as to our areas of opportunity. I am so very apologetic as to your recent experience and can assure you that this is neither typical nor indicative of our abilities. In fact, being rated as a top Westin in the country and the world, the comedy or shortfalls is very disturbing as we are so much better than that. I assure you that I take your comments seriously and they only help us to improve. I truly hope that you will consider staying with us again as I can assure you that your recent experience is not typical of the level of service that we pride ourselves upon. Should you find yourself back in Richmond, please feel free to contact me personally so I can ensure you receive the experience that we both expect from The Westin Richmond. Thank you for your comments and I hope to hear from you soon. Stay well, Feliks Schwartz - General Manager
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

I have had trouble finding a hotel at which to stay during my business trips to Richmond, and I must say that this hotel is by far the best – frankly, much better than the Hiltons that I have tried in the past. I wish that I could remember her name, but the front desk representative with whom I checked in was so friendly. Once she heard that it was my first visit to her hotel, she took time to describe the hotel amenities available. Of all of the Westin Hotels at which I stayed in the past couple months, this Westin is my favorite. They provided exceptional service, my room was clean, food at the hotel restaurant was delicious, and parking was free. I hope to be able to stay here again next year, though I am not sure that the nightly room rate will fit in my budget again.

Green Features: This hotel allows guests to decline housekeeping services as part of its initiative to be more environmentally-aware. They will in turn award SPG members with 500 Starpoints.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear SeanO, thank you very much for your visit and comments about us being your favorite hotel in Richmond...I obviously agree that we are the best choice when visiting Richmond. I really appreciate the 5-star review and we look forward to your return. Regards, Feliks Schwartz - General Manager