“My Favorite Burger”

Carytown Burgers and Fries
Ranked #174 of 1,638 Restaurants in Richmond
Dining options: Delivery
Description: Carytown Burgers and Fries is a Richmond tradition! We're known for our fantastic, creative and unique tastes in burgers, but our menu includes vegetarian, chicken sandwiches, kid's menu items, milkshakes and more! We take tremendous pride in how our customers feel about us, since we know our food is not the same without amazing customer service. We use only the best ingredients to create the best products. Find us in Carytown, Lakeside and Short Pump!
Reviewed December 12, 2012

I love a big, juicy burger from time to time and Carytown Burgers and Fries is always my go to place. The burgers are huge, never overcooked so they are plenty juicy and they have tons of options for toppings. They are also more reasonably priced than the other burger joint in Carytown and the burgers are just as good if not better. If I'm ordering delivery, I get the onion rings instead of the fries as they seem to hold up better after sitting for a bit. I've never been that impressed with their desserts, but I'm usually so full by the time I finish a burger and the fries/onion rings threre's no room left anyway.

Reviewed December 8, 2012

My wife and I have eaten here on a number of occasions. We are both vegetarians, so we were initially hesitant to go to a place called Carytown Burgers until it was recommended by a friend. Surprisingly, their menu has several vegetarian options. My wife always gets the Veggie burgers and she swears by them, but I have always been partial to the Mock Chicken nuggets. The place doesn't look like much when you walk in. It sort of defines "hole in the wall." The area where you place your order is kind of dingy, and the upstairs eating area isn't especially nicer. They do have an outdoor eating area now with heating, but I haven't tried eating out there yet. What really makes up for the look of the place is the food. The food is excellent. The service is also decent, although I have found that it varies based on the day and who is on shift. The best way to enjoy Carytown Burgers is with carry out, but even if you have to eat-in, it's still worth a try just for the quality of the food. Even the non-vegetarian food is good. My wife and I brought some friends to eat here recently, and none was a vegetarian, and they still really enjoyed it. The prices are very reasonable as well. Overall, I recommend this as one of the better places to eat in Richmond.

Reviewed December 5, 2012

Atmosphere here wasn't fantastic but the cali burger and bacon cheese burgers were huge and juicy. They had a good amount of toppings and a bun to handle it. The fries were thick and crispy. I'd recommend sitting in the outside seating area, upstairs is dark. cherry limeade (left more to be desired)+craft beer+2 burgers+ side fries= $20

Reviewed November 21, 2012

I will NEVER go back and I did not even make it to the food. Got in figured out the menu the. Stepped forward to order. Waited like we should as they were already taking an order over the phone. Then they answered the phone right on front of me and took their order. At this point the guy behind me walked out. I waited for this to finish. After that she answered the phone AGAIN. Then the other guy behind the counter started taking the order of the people behind me I got pissed and walked out.

I came back in after going to get my wife from cvs to explain why I walked out and would not be spending my money there he just waved me off. So I told him I would now never be back and he proceeded to wave me off. So all in all if your up to being passed over and treated like your dime does not count then go here for your lunch/dinner

1  Thank yannettibw
Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I were happy to find a place with awesome veggie burgers and nuggets. This place has my favorite burger, I am hooked. The building is what many would refer to as a dive but the food is great!