“Take out that should have been thrown out”

Kobe Japanese House of Steaks
Ranked #1,026 of 1,640 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed June 5, 2012

I recently ordered take out from Kobe and was so disappointed. I ordered the spicy lobster roll and the shrimp tempura roll. All I can say is I am still searching for the lobster in the lobster roll. It was a mound of rice wrapped around some cucumber, avocado and a smig of lobster sprinkled with some crunch on top. The shrimp tempura roll was worse. All in all I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone - not even my worse enemy. If take out was this bad I don't even want to think about dining in. Stop turn around and find something else to eat.

1  Thank southerncalla

Reviewed April 1, 2012

Nothing special, but then I was upstairs eating udon and tempura. The hibachi downstairs sounded and smelled like the place to be.

Reviewed February 21, 2012

I didnt know you could mess up hibachi...chewy steak. Waited an hour for a reservation, terrible service. Try shogun on southside

Reviewed February 8, 2012

I had the misfortune of going to Kobe the other night. Six of us showed up at 5:15pm to find an empty restaurant. You would think we would have gotten fairly speedy service wouldn’t you?!?! WRONG, we didn’t get out food until 6:50!. Shame on them!!! I also spied a cockroach skittling along the floor, YUCK! Do yourself a favor and skip this place.

1  Thank Rob M
Reviewed February 7, 2012

We are regulars at Kobe. We had one previous bad experience with a soapy glass for the water. At the prices they charge, it should be first rate. Tonight, in one of our rolls, was a fairly large piece of plastic wrap. Part of it we had eaten!!! To make things worse, when brought to the attention of the manager he was very nonchalant and said "yes, it's plastic." I said that's it, and he said he would tell the cook. They still charged us for the rest of the dinner to boot. Two regulars no more!