“Awful customer service!!!!”

Jean-Jacques Bakery
Ranked #19 of 21 Bakeries in Richmond
“Awful customer service!!!!”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

The owner and workers were so rude to us, basically kicking us out without politely letting us know that they would be closing soon. We are NEVER going back!!!!! The pastries were not even close to good, and having lived in Europe and having had delicious real pastries I feel like I can say this.

9 Thank Ganesagd

Richmond
“Cookie taste like a crumbled mess!!!”
Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

I was shopping in the strip mall decided to go to this bakery, I was going to get the crescent but they looked burned so I decided to try the chocolate chip cookies. I have tried many chocolate chip cookies in my life time and this is the worst ever, chip ahoy taste better than this I was mad I spent 1.52 cents on a cookie that was nasty and as big as the bottom of my Starbucks cup! I was pissed, before you go here for a chocolate chip cookie get them from chick-fil-la!!!!!

10 Thank bmoresexy
Richmond, Virginia
“Terrible service; mediocre food”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I've gone to Jean-Jacques for everything from croissants to special-ordered cakes. It used to be great, but ever since the ownership changed, the service has been *horrible*. I've been treated disrespectfully and have seen other customers treated even worse. I've had orders messed up and been made to wait over an hour for a special order that should have been ready when they opened (and I arrived an hour or so after opening). Their cakes used to be divine, but now they are just mediocre and over-priced. Still, the customer service is the real problem: the owner (the woman owner, I have not dealt with the man) is incredibly rude. I honestly cannot believe they are still in business. Finally, be aware that if you look at the reviews on Yelp, you need to look at the "filtered" reviews -- unlike Trip Advisor, you can't automatically see all the bad reviews...and most of the filtered reviews are horrible!

• Visited December 2012
12 Thank AE_SC_77
Richmond, Virginia
“Terribly Rude owners .... Expensive food quality dropped”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Something is wrong and it's with Jean-Jacques Bakery. They sell merchandise/food but don't stand behind it's quality. I don't know what is wrong but all I see if complaints with rudeness & not standing behind their product anymore. I was a customer for over 25yrs buy after my last visit (& I don mean LAST) the owner not only refused to talk, she started conversation SCREAMING how "People like me" waste her company's $$ then used profanity I don't know what that meant but I would not wish to be like that anyway. I have seen enough.

BEFORE-WARNED Richmond!

• Visited December 2012
11 Thank A T
Richmond, Virginia
“Ordered rum received raspberry HORRIBLE SERVICE”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Ordered a cake and drove into the city for my husband's 40th. When we cut into it, it was raspberry! He hates fruit in his cake. Called. First, they said we would receive a refund. Then, they said we could order the rum cake in the future. When we went to order it for Christmas, they REFUSED to give us the cake. We had offered to bring back the cake in Nov., but they said it wasn't necessary. Now, they say they needed the cake back. We threw it out and kept the cardboard base with RC on it as well as the receipt. My husband went into the city and the owner would not come out from the back. They blame employees that they fired. We ordered a rum cake, we should have gotten a rum cake! We will never return and tell our friends. So upsetting!

Visited November 2012
10 Thank Amy_and_3_Cockers

Been to Jean-Jacques Bakery? Share your experiences!