“What???"Best Asian cuisine in richmond"”
Review of Amber Asian Cuisine - CLOSED

Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Japanese
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed June 21, 2010

OK. term of 'best" is relative. My wife read the reviews and said we must try this place. "best hidden secret" I'm being an Asian and have worked in a Chinese restaurants most of my HS and college years. Therefore, i have proven l to know a little bit about Chinese food. No disrespect to the local Americans, but AAC is not any better Chinese restaurants than your local take out Chinese. Honestly, I was so disappointed after my entrees came out . the meats were starchy and salty. The sauce was thick and full of MSG. i do agreed the vegetables are fresh and were not over-cooked. I rated this place 3 out of 5.

Reviewed June 5, 2010

If you enjoy Chinese, look no further than Amber Asian! Wonderful cuisine, great menu, attentive staff. This is the best asian food in Richmond.

Reviewed February 19, 2010

Great food, staff were excellent
Made several trips there, quick eatery, owner was there and made us feel very welcome.
Explained the menu and were very grateful for our business.

Reviewed December 13, 2009

If I could give 6 starts I would, this place is awesome. The food is fresh, tasty, and inexpensive. This is not your typical Chinese restaurant with reused oils, and frozen veggies, this loads up the plates with chicken and meats, no skimmping here. I recommend the Chicken or Beef Schazwann, the sauce is AWESOME.

Service is fast, waiters constantly refill the drinks, and they even threw in a free dessert. I am a big fan and always get greeted warmly.

Reviewed December 6, 2009

This place is tucked away off of Midlothian Turnpike so it's hard to see when driving by, but a friend told me it was fantastic. The menu had lots of options, even Thai and Japanese sushi. It was more formal than the average Chinese take-out, white table cloths, real silverwear, etc (so the prices were a little bit higher). The service was unbelievable. The manager came out several times to welcome us (since we had never been there before) and to make sure our meal was perfect. I got a "sizzling" dish which came out crackling and popping. The scallops in the dish were cooked perfectly and the sauce was absolutely wonderful! I would drive from downtown to come to this place again!