“Above and Beyond”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Richmond, Virginia
“Above and Beyond”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

I am picky and I would not normally rate a hotel so high but this hotel has gone above and beyond my expectations to make my stay a pleasure. I stay in hotels 350 nights a year so I am in a position to compare good, bad and average service. This Four Points is exceptional. A lot of the Four Points hotels I have stayed in are run down, so I usually try to avoid them. This one is newly remodeled, attractive, clean, and comfortable. I would rate it excellent on that alone, but the staff and service put this hotel into the "outstanding" category. On my first arrival their was a personal card in my room, reminiscent of the good old days when Platinum guests were treated very well. On a subsequent arrival I received a personal welcome email. On my current arrival, during the worst snow storm of the year, I locked my keys in a rental car. I told Kristina, at the guest services desk, where the car was parked and that I was going to the car rental place at the airport to get a spare key, and then I got on the hotel airport shuttle. On her own initiative, Kristina called the rental car company, found out the procedure was for me to stay with the car, she then called the shuttle driver, Robert, when we were at the end of the driveway, had him hand me his cell phone and told me what the rental car company said. I was able to get off the shuttle which saved me at least an hour of a pointless round trip to the airport. She then assisted me with every step of the process of getting my car unlocked including making my wait comfortable. Robert checked on me on his return to see if there was anything he could do. AMAZING service. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Breanna K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed February 15, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel on several occasions and the excellent service is always consistent. The care and concern of the staff is at every position and every level of the team. The rates are always very fair and the location is perfect for Richmond and/or a stopover on the way to DC.

The food is very good and the kitchen/bar staff are always willing to accommodate a special request. I plan to return again and again. All the rooms are good and the fitness center is standard for a Four Points.

Room Tip: Best to ask front desk for any request. Some rooms are on the interior of the indoor pool and have...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Emily F, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Richmond Airport, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Hi MDM1414,
Thank you very much for your loyalty and kind review. We appreciate you taking the time to share your story and are pleased that you are always able to interact with our warm and welcoming hotel team. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your most recent stay and look forward to welcoming you back!
Newark, Delaware
Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here while in town for business. It was what I've come to expect from the Sheraton brand: clean, comfortable, quiet. It is a large property that is a few years old but has clearly been completely remodeled recently and therefore feels like a new hotel.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank stbass
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here one night with my bf after he got I to an car accident. The room was fine and dandy until I looked up and saw a roach...front desk was accommodating by giving us free breakfast and changing the room but I just think a hotel this nice should not have this issue ever.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Emily F, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Richmond Airport, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Hello Cragirfor,
We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. I’m very sorry to hear that you were in a car accident and hope that you and your boyfriend are alright. Thank you for sharing your experience, and I apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused.
Chesapeake, Virginia
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Upon arrival, my wife and i were greeted very courteous and professional.Room was well kept and hotel very clean !....Denise at front desk was so accommodating, there was a mix up when booking for the room about breakfast,front desk and food and beverage mgr came to the rescue ! staff was so wonderful,i won't stay any where else when i am home.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi Dapperdon S,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I’m pleased you enjoyed your stay and were able to interact with our friendly and helpful staff. We look forward to welcoming you back and appreciate your feedback!
Reviewed November 25, 2013

This was an overnight trip and we were greeted by front desk with delight upon check-in and check-out! The hotel was very clean and the room was perfect! The free bottled water in the room was great after a night out dancing! The price was reasonable - just overall a great stay!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank suga29brown
efleishaker, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Richmond Airport, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Hi suga29brown,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I’m glad you enjoyed your stay and got to take advantage of our local nightlife. We find it important to provide our guests with a comfortable room with convenient features and amenities, so I’m pleased you found the complimentary water to be a great inclusion.
Colorado
Reviewed November 19, 2013

My stay at the Four Points by Sheraton Richmond Airport was perfect. Shuttle pickup from the airport was immediate. Check-in was quick and painless. The hotel is close to the airport, and right across the street from a major mall with numerous options (OLIVE GARDEN!) for shopping and dining, including a Sam's Club, Target, and a Martin's grocery store.

I received a room on the top (SPG) floor as a SPG Gold guest. The bed and pillows were AWESOME. The shower had great pressure, and the amenities were plentiful. The television was large and had plenty of channels. My one complaint, as echoed by other reviewers here, would be the HVAC system that makes way too much noise. If this gets fixed, that will help improve sleep quality immensely. Also, do something about getting the blinds to truly "black-out" the room. The shuttle return to the airport was extremely prompt and very friendly, with the driver making a point of telling me that he hopes that I return to the airport soon -- if I'm in the area again with a similar need, I will!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo