Four Points by Sheraton Richmond Airport
Omni Richmond Hotel(Richmond)
$171
$161
$119
All reviewsfront deskguest servicesexcellent customer serviceomeletindoor poolthe shuttle driverbreakfast buffetenjoyed my staytyronebrooksmotleyspgbanquetconferencehousekeepertargetkeys
Reviewed October 13, 2013

This property was converted from another brand. It's a bit dated, but the Priceline rate allowed me to overlook some of the shortcomings. WiFi was a bit slow and had a lot of buffering going on when using Netflix.
Nice folks working there.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
TLozano, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Four Points by Sheraton Richmond Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

Hi Bizz-Traveler987,

I appreciate you taking the time to write about your recent stay. I apologize for the spotty internet connection you experienced but glad that you enjoyed our friendly staff.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

The hotel is in an area that has almost everything you need within reach. There is a mall, many restaurants, and other stores within walking distance. The Richmond Airport is only a few miles away. Check-in was fairly quick and the hotel staff was friendly. Upon arrival, a man actually came outside and offered to help carry my bags. One of the first things I noticed after checking in was that there was only one elevator, but I never had to wait long to use it. Check-out was also smooth. I believe they offer a free shuttle should you need to go anywhere.

ROOM (314)

The room was decent and had a king size bed. There were also two night stands, desk and chair, sofa chair, TV, small dresser, mini fridge, microwave, in-room safe, iron and board, hair dryer, plenty of electrical outlets, and the AC worked well. The view was of the indoor pool area so it was a little depressing because there was no outdoor natural light coming into the room. The bathroom was a good size and they have large containers mounted in the shower with shampoo, conditioner, and body wash so you are sure to have enough.

GYM/POOL

The gym was mediocre but it was definitely better than nothing. There were 2 treadmills, 2 ellipticals, 2 bikes, dumbbells from 5-50 pounds, an adjustable bench, an ab machine, and a couple workout maps and balls. The sign inside the gym says it is open 24 hours. There was also an indoor pool right outside the weight room that was small but not tiny; it was five feet deep.

BREAKFAST

The breakfast was a buffet. The breakfast was included in my package so I'm not sure of the price. They had eggs to order (omelet, scrambled, etc.), bacon and sausage, french toast sticks, biscuits, whole fruit and cut fruit, cereals, breads, and yogurt.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
TLozano, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Four Points by Sheraton Richmond Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2013

Hi JonnyBlaze777,

I appreciate you taking the time to write about your recent stay. I am so glad you enjoyed your overall stay and will share your feedback with our management teams. We hope you stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

This stay took place on August 5, 2013.

The two of us choose this hotel because it was close to the airport (and if you are a Starwood Preferred Guest member, it's among the lowest tier for point redemption). We were flying in from out of the country and were coming in late and wanted to crash before driving back home the next day.

We arrive at the hotel around midnight. Being the late, the doors into the front entrance were locked. Two people were at the front desk talking to a third person and were too involved to notice me for a while. After noticing me and letting me in, I was able to check in. When we went to our room, the key did not work. Not what we wanted to deal with at midnight after a long flight. We went back to the front desk, where I was asked if I saw a green light when I put the card in, implying that I don't know how a hotel door works. When I stated that I indeed saw a red light, they finally re-coded my keys, and told me to make sure I turned the handle when I put the key card in (seriously?). I certainly was not in the mood to be lectured about this, but I left and the keys worked.

The room: Nice, spacious, fresh linens. And the bed was the most comfortable I have slept in at a hotel. The only negative: the a/c unit was on the noisy side.

The building: it is an older property. There have been renovations since it was converted to a Four Points, but the age still shows. There is an indoor atrium which was vast but not very inspiring. However, there is a nice sized pool and the exercise room with cardio, free weights and a bench so I could do a decent workout in the morning.

The restaurant: We received coupons for free continental breakfast. We considered upgrading to the full breakfast buffet, but after looking at the offerings, we figure it was not worth it. The atmosphere at the restaurant was dull.

After my stay, I also commented to Starwood about my experience. They offered an apology and an explanation of why they explain to their guests about their door locks.

All in all, the hotel is above average and the comfortable room (and the point redemption rate) outweighs any negative aspect I experienced. If I fly out of Richmond again, I will likely stay here again. If I were paying cash instead of points, less so.

Room Tip: I recommend a room that faces outside (as opposed to the indoor atrium)
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
TLozano, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Four Points by Sheraton Richmond Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Dear Joseph C,

We appreciate you taking the time to write about your recent stay. We are glad you enjoyed your overall experience but we do apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. We will be sure to share your helpful feedback to our managements team so that they can address these issues. We hope you stay with us again the next time you are in the Richmond area.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Arrived late at night after airport lost our luggage. Shannon at the front desk couldn't have been more helpful. Started giving us toiletries and had a friendly conversation. Room was clean, big and comfy after our exhausting flight experience. Also, the distance to the airport couldn't have been better, very close.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Jeremy G, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Richmond Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

Hi US_traveler63,

We are happy that Shannon was able to thoroughly accommodate you after such a stressful night at the airport. We know what a hassle lost luggage can be, and so we are glad that we could provide a friendly atmosphere to help put you at ease. It's great that you found our room to be both spacious and clean, and we certainly look forward to seeing you again -- hopefully with a smoother airport experience!

Reviewed August 17, 2013

Hotel location is easy to locate on a main drive. Front desk check in was friendly and expedient. I believe the front desk clerk on duty was Michelle? Plenty of parking is also available. Facility also has elevators, and was able to accommodate my special request for a roll in shower as I am handicapped. However, when we entered my assigned room, the space had not been completely cleaned. Carpet was dirty, littered, trash on floor under the furniture (cup), and towels were not provided in the bathroom. We were able to contact a housekeeper (LaToya) who was working on the floor, and came in immediately and corrected the discrepancies. Concluded business early , and decided on a stay over for rest. However, upon checkout on Saturday morning, my room rate was in dispute. Mr. Chiwengo did intervene and indicated that he would make the necessary adjustments. I called Mr. Chiwengo on Aug 16, and the problem has not been resolved as of this writing.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Jeremy G, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Richmond Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Dear Eric S,

Thank you for your stay at Four Points Richmond Airport. We are happy to hear that our hotel was easy to locate off the main drive and that both the front desk staff and LaToya were helpful – we will be sure to let them know. Also, we are glad that we could accommodate your special request for a roll-in shower to suit your accessible needs. At the same time, we are sorry that your room was not ready for your visit. Regarding payment, we are happy that we were able to work out the earlier discrepancy to your satisfaction.

We are sorry again for the issues you experienced at our hotel and hope during your next visit to Richmond, you will give us the opportunity to provide you with uncompromising service and accommodations.