“Perfect for a stopover”

Four Points by Sheraton Richmond Airport
Ranked #20 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 19, 2013

We stopped here late at night on our way further south. This was much nicer and more updated than I anticipated. Service was very friendly and courteous at check-in and when asking for direction. The hotel is very well maintained, bright and clean - same goes for the room. It was a typical Starwood style room, nothing outstanding comes to mind. However, it was clean, consistent and comfortable, exactly how you want to find a room when you're tired from a day of traveling. I'll definitely stop here again if I am in the area.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Four Points by Sheraton Richmond Airport

Reviewed July 15, 2013

I felt Welcome, The front desk staff was very helpful, John, Shannon, Ashley, Jennifer, and there Manager Denise. They all when above and beyond to make us feel Welcome. Oh can't forget Harvey, the man of many words. He had the answer to all are questions. The Hotel was very clean from the Shuttle Van to the lounge, Pool, Guest room are public space
We love the in door pool we had a pizza pool party nice for the kids, the hotel is across the street from the mall, down the street from tons of restaurants, everything is at your fingertip.
Denise your you team is very passionate about there job and creating memorable experience not just for us but every one. This was are first time in VA and at your hotel. Oh by the way you have to try out there restaurant the food was great. Cheers! We will be back.

Room Tip: Room with a pool view.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Melissa C, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Richmond Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Dear BIG1718,
We really appreciate your review - thanks for sharing! We are delighted that you and your family had a comfortable stay with us enjoyed meeting our staff. We'll be sure to share your comments in our next team meeting. We hope to see you soon, take care!

Reviewed June 13, 2013

We needed a late night airport hotel stay before before a next day pick-up to nearby Midlothian. The shuttle picked us up just after 11 pm. Friendly, efficient service. Check-in was a breeze and our room was roomy - unlike the San Francisco Four Points we had stayed at the night before. The SF one gave us a handicapped room without telling us. We were too tired to hassle with asking for a change to a standard room. Almost no counter space. The Richmond bathroom had two sinks, plenty of counter space and 2 bottles of water - nice. The next morning we wanted to cross the busy highway to get to the mall. As we were trying to figure out if there was a safe way to cross, the shuttle driver called to us to hop in, dropped us off in front of Panera, handed us the hotel business card and insisted we call when we were ready to return. Would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Melissa C, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Richmond Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Dear lrma007,
We really appreciate your review, thanks for sharing! We're delighted that you enjoyed our shuttle service from the airport and that we were able to take you safely across the highway to the mall. We hope you'll come back to see us when you are next in town. Take care!

Reviewed June 10, 2013

We stayed at the Four points on our way to Myrtle Beach using our Starpoints. The person at the front desk was ready for us having the keys and everything ready for us. We had reserved two rooms and he said two kings and that was not correct, he corrected that problem with a minute. Very pleased with the front desk personal. Room was clean hotel was quiet and seemed as if it was in a very safe area.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Melissa C, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Richmond Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Dear beachloversPA,
Thank you for taking the time to comment about your recent stay at Four Points. We are delighted that you enjoyed your experience with us on your way to Myrtle Beach and that our staff was able to quickly correct your reservation room type. We hope you'll come back to see us when you are next in the area. Take care!

Reviewed June 10, 2013

After getting into bed, I was struck with a distinct, pungent odor that seemed to be coming from the bed - a smell I had not noticed before getting into the bed. I immediately turned on the lights, removed the covers, sheets and matress lining to find a fresh urine stain 2-3 feet in diameter.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Melissa C, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Richmond Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Dear VAanonymous,
I am so sorry that you did not enjoy your stay at our hotel. I understand that my Guest Service Manager, Denise, was able to speak with you directly about this situation. I hope that we were able to make this experience up to you to show that guest satisfaction is our number one priority. Please know that you can always contact me personally (Craig.Burks@FourPointsRichmondAirport.com) in the future should your travel plans ever take you back to Richmond.

Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

I had stayed at this hotel when it was still the wyndham and didn't realize until I got there that it was the same hotel with a new name. However I was greeted with a warm smile by the front desk clerk when I walked in just as before. She was very pleasant. I checked in quickly. The king bed was very comfy and so were the pillows. I liked that they had lights on and the tv for me when I came in since i was checking in a little later in the day. Most hotels you come into a dark room and you're fumbling for a light switch. The location of the hotel is great. Close to the interstate. There's a nice shopping center across the road along with many choices for eating whether you want fast food or a sit down restaurant. Since it was Sunday the shops were closed by the time I got there, but there is a target in case you need anything you may have forgotten to pack like I did. The room appeared clean however there was hair on the sink which I just figured was an oversight while cleaning until I went to take a shower the next morning and there was hair in the tub as well. There was also grains of sugar(?) all over the desk as well. Whoever cleaned the room definitely did a half way job of it. Had i notuced the hair in the tub the night before i probably would have requested the bathroom be cleaned. The bedding was at least clean and comfortable. The pool was also closed for renovation which didn't really bother me since it was just me. I'm hoping the renovation includes adding a hot tub :) I travel to richmond fairly often because I have a child that has doctors there and I wouldn't hesitate to stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 2, 2013

every body was excellent. I cannot thank them enoughdenise john john were wonderfull. therest of the staff were all the same.I love the location /Harvey was wonderfull.I really like Richmond because of your staff!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo

Dear Don M,
Thank you for taking the time to comment about your recent stay. We are delighted that we were able to meet your expectations. We take most pride in our staff and will be sharing your review in our next team meeting. We hope to see you on your next trip to Richmond. Take care!