“Disgusting room.”

Four Points by Sheraton Richmond Airport
Ranked #14 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Judging from other reviews, maybe our stay here was an anomaly, but our room was just a disaster. Either way, it shows am terrible lack of maintenance.

We were upgraded to a large suite, which was a nice move. The room was very large but it was a mess. The door on the closet was completely off the rails making it impossible to open, the sink was running so badly that I had to turn it off under the sink after which it still leaked, two light bulbs were missing (not dead....missing), the other sink had a broken drain stop, and the worst was that there was a lot of mold in the shower.

The person on duty was very nice and apologetic and said we would be credited for our points (we used Starwoods points for this stay). He also said there was a mixup and that even though i booked with points on line I was also charged on my credit card. He insured that a credit for both the points and the credit card would be issued that day.

Well it's about two weeks later and I had to call Starwwoods to follow up. So far my points are back, but I'm still waiting for my credit card adjustment.

Any place that could consider a room like that acceptable won't get my business. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank C from NY
cburks, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Richmond Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback. I am sorry to hear that your experience was below average and that the cleanliness of the hotel did not live up to your expectations. We are currently renovating our suites and, in addition, replacing bathroom sinks and showers. I am happy we were able to discuss your concerns in detail and I am looking forward to meeting you upon your return. Thank you for your comments.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

A communication error occured and I was left in an unfavorable situation .... the error was work related and the hotel bore no error in the communication. I mentioned it to the hotel staff and within 10 minutes of getting into my room, I was being notified of an upgrade that took me from a difficult situation to a brilliant situation! The hotel bore no responsibility in the communication snafu but they stepped up and truly took care of me.
I will forever consider myself a loyal customer of the Sheraton brand and reccomed it to anyone!!
THANK YOU Sheraton Hotel!!!

Room Tip: Do not be afraid to communicate any concern you have!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
cburks, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Richmond Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

I was so happy to hear that we were able to turn your situation around and make it better. Please know that we are dedicated to your guests and always go the extra mile to ensure their comfort. Please come to see us when you are in the area again.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel five times in the past five months. With renovations underway, they are taking an above average property to the next level. With an outstanding front desk staff and easy access to the airport, along with shopping & several restaurants literally across the street, I look forward to returning.

• Stayed: March 2013

We were so happy to hear about your stay when here at our hotel. We do pride ourselves in having a great staff and our location is the best in the area. We do hope that when you are in our area you will come to see us again. Thank you again.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

If I may have a few seconds of your time to share with you the
wonderful experience that I had at the Richmond Four Points Hotel
today while checking in. Namely, Jessica and John both served me
equally very professional, kind and gracious in their duties. The
Manager Denise, came out to say Hello and was just as kind. It is by far a
great thing that is happening here. I want to share my comments with this amazing
staff and hope that their management offer them an incentive award, etc. If I can take time to
write this, you can certainly reward them for their efforts. Thanks
again to Jessica, John and Denise!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jeffrey C
cburks, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Richmond Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2013

Thank you so very much for the kind words about our staff. It is our goal that every guest gets the highest level of service that we can offer when they are here. Please know how much we appreciate you and hope to see you again when you are in our area.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

I checked in to the Hotel and was completely overwhelmed by the great Desk clerk and his great personality. Everyone in the hotel from the bellman in the evening and in the morning were the nicest. Honest to goodness warm personalities. Bed gave me a great night sleep shower was perfect. Even the engineer who fixed the leak in my room was a perfect gentleman and without my asking went to get replacement towels.Quickly too. I didn't eat at the restaurant, and made the mistake of ordering a pizza from Papa John"s across the parking lot. The delivery girl took one hour from the time she left the restaurant to the time she came to the hotel. 1.5 hrs to get a pizza. Other than that the hotel was great

Room Tip: Plenty of restaurants in area.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
cburks, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Richmond Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2013

Thank you for the kind words received on the review from Trip Advisor. We do pride ourselves in having the best staff in the City of Richmond, Our employees truly do strive to make your stay here a memorable experience. When you are in our city please allow us to be your home away from home once again.

Reviewed December 24, 2012

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts
cburks, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Richmond Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2012

Reviewed December 20, 2012

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts
cburks, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Richmond Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2012