“Don't expect anything as far as room service” 3 of 5 bubbles

Four Points by Sheraton Richmond Airport
Ranked #13 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
GreenLeadersBronze level
NORTH SALT LAKE
“Don't expect anything as far as room service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

I didn't hate this hotel. When I first checked in I was happy enough. It was a really good deal, something like $65 a night. The guy at the front desk was incredibly nice, and was more than willing to be helpful. When I am travelling for work I like to eat at nice local places that I can't get back home. When I asked him good places to eat, he suggested things like Applebee's, and Olive Garden. No big deal though. I was still quite happy up to this point.

When I got in the room, I realized that it had no windows to the outside. The only window looked down at the pool. It made the room feel dark and cramped. The energy saving bulbs in all the lamps took a while to light up, so at first, even with every light on, it was still pretty dark. But the room was very clean, and there was comfortable working space. The bed was clean, and comfortable.

Where I started to get disappointed was in the evening. The first night, my AC wouldn't work. I tried adjusting the thermostat, and I couldn't get it to kick on. I called to the front desk, and he was convinced I just didn't know what I was doing, which I guess to a certain extent he was right. He said just keep adjusting the temperature, and it will kick on. I found out that I had to set the fan to "fan 1" instead of "auto", and it finally kicked on. Not something he ever suggested. He seemed annoyed, because it was 3:00am when I was calling, and he didn't want to move me to a new room.

The final straw for me was the 3rd night I was there. I had been working all day, and got in late. The in room services said room service was available until 11:00pm. It was only about 9:30pm. I thought about calling to have room service brought up, but I read that it was coming from the Nova lounge, and I thought, I might as well go down there and eat. Again, the book said Nova lounge was open for drinks and food until 11:00pm.

When I walked into the lounge, the only staff member was sitting at a chair at the bar as if she was a patron, not someone who worked there. I wasn't even sure she did. I asked if they were open, and she looked at me as if I had asked her to do my laundry for a week, then she shook her head, shrugged and said "only if you want drinks". I didn't want to argue with her. It's fine if you don't want to serve food, but you shouldn't advertise it that way. I ended up ordering a pizza from Papa Johns across the street. Her attitude and the lack of service was really the most disappointing part.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
ROCHESTER
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

The staff is outstanding - friendly and very accomodating. Breakfast selections were especially good, including a variety of fresh fruits. The only thing I didn't like about this hotel was the location. I didn't have a car and there was no mall or other attractions nearby.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

DAYTON
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

All staff members were very helpful.
The room was excellent
Swimming pool and exercise room excellent
We will definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Fort Collins, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

The room was good, just been remodeled but you could see water damage in the bathroom. The rest of the room was spacious and very nice. If your staying to be close to the airport its a great choice. Very friendly staff and excellent manager!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Oldham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

I spent one night in this hotel while passing through Richmond. The location was convenient, the external appearance good and the well-appointed room left nothing to be desired; in particular the bed was very comfortabl;e indeed. The staff were polite, friendly and helpful.
My only reservation is that for the price charged comparable hotels provide a free breakfast. Breakfast was available in the hotel's restaurant; but I thought it a little pricey.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Little River, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012

We arrived and were made to feel like we were coming home though it was our first stay there...it deffinitely won't be our last. Jeff ,the front desk clerk, helped us with a room he thought we would like based on our needs and the check in was a pleasure. Jeff was efficient and very knowledgeable was helpful with what we needed to know about the area. Throughout our stay we were never rushed. Our room was spotless and well appointed. We appreciated all the extra touches that made our stay so pleasant and restful..THANK YOU FOR HIRING SUCH CARING STAFF.

Room Tip: Ask the front desk clerk for a room based on your needs...they are very helpful
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Alexandria, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

Pros: Clean rooms, staff was very polite, quiet.

Cons: Many.

1) After waiting 20 minutes to check in with just one party in line ahead of us, the first room we were assigned reeked of smoke. It was a non-smoking room. We had to go all the way back downstairs, wait in line again, then get issued new keys to another room.

2) The room may have been clean, but the bathroom had hairs all over the bathtub and stuck to the door.

3)The coffee maker was also missing a piece so it didn't work (there's a Starbuck's in the Target across the street).

4) The area was a bit shady, places that in my experience normally do not need security guards had their own security, even this hotel.

5) it took us over 20 minutes to check in when there was only 1 person in front of us. They were attempting to pay cash for their hotel room and held things up

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple