“Average business class hotel - fine, but nothing special” 3 of 5 bubbles

Four Points by Sheraton Richmond Airport
Ranked #11 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
GreenLeadersBronze level
Northern VA
“Average business class hotel - fine, but nothing special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2011

Located near RIC airport and not far off I-64, this is a pretty typical suburban hotel. It gets the three stars by virtue of the fact it has a conference center and an in-house restaurant and lounge. The building itself is ok, but the rooms were just average. In size, in cleanliness, average across the board.
Free wifi. Free parking. Free continental breakfast with an optional upgrade to a hot breakfast for $6. There was an airport shuttle that I assume was free, but we didn't use it. There isn't much to do within walking distance, so if you plan on using the shuttle and don't have a car keep that in mind.
Since we Hotwired the room for a one night stay, it was fine for what it was and what we paid for it. If I had a one night stop near RIC and needed a place to stay, I would go back. Would I want to stay for more than a night? No, I think I would look elsewhere for a longer stay.
The check in took way longer than it should have since we drew the trainee. I understand that new employees need to be trained and they will take longer. But when arriving at 12:30 in the morning after a long drive, I really just wanted to be handed the keys to my room and be on my way.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Chris1stVA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2011

It is refreshing to sincerely have a staff that cares. Upon entering the sliding glass doors of the hotel the welcome, smiles, efficiency, and heart felt efforts used to assist and ensure my satisfaction of Nikki, Cassandra, Jennifer,and Michelle are above the standard. I greatly appreciate you. The food is fantastic. The Wonderful and great efforts of the Restaurant to ensure my nutritional enrichment goes well beyond outstanding of Chiwengo, Michelle (Restaurant), and Angelica (Restaurant). Please continue the phenomenal job that keeps you heads above the rest with the competition. Bernie (James) and Robert H. your willingness to assist me on the days that I have traveled 12 hours or more to get this location only to be greeted by your smile and willingness to ensure my items and equipment enters the building undamaged and safely are truly worth my travel. Team Keep Up The Good Work

Room Tip: My Tip - Just stay the night - Each Room has it's own personality - The Comforts of Home.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2011

For a relatively new hotel rooms have poor attention to detail. For instance the hook on back of bathroom door was missing and not replaced, hair drier missing from room. Rather grubby over all feel. Over all impression was just ok: Nothing special, nothing really bad. Have stayed in worse hotels but many older but much better.
Breakfast was good and the cold items were free, the other items $6.00. Not a bad deal

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2011

Nikki B. Thanks for your helpful spirit. I stay at hotels all the time and it was pleasure to meet you. I wish all front desk personal were as great at their jobs. Would also like to thank Robert H. and Arthur L. for the ride. Thanks to all for the great stay. See you again soon.

• Stayed September 2011
Huntersville, nc
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2011

This is a nice hotel with what they call a continental breakfast which doesn't compare to any you can get at a one-star hotel.

When you check in you are hit with an unexpected arbitrary temporary hold on your credit card for $50.00 with no opportunity to agree or object.

Three days after check-out, our money had not been restored to our account.

The maid also took a very important glass from our roon - one that had been given to us by a senator and was embossed "U.S.Senate". Although we made every effort to have the glass returned, it was never found.

Primarily because of the "incidentals" charge, we will NEVER return to this hotel!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Joy S
cburks, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Richmond Airport, responded to this review, August 24, 2011
I apologize for your recent stay not being what you expected. We at the Wyndham Richmond Airport take pride in offering outstanding service in a clean, comfortable environment. Since our last conversation, I was provided the opportunity to research your concerns in detail. As explained, the hotel itself does not “arbitrarily “ determine credit card hold times, this time frame is chosen by a persons issuing bank. I took the liberty of researching your banks PREAUTHORIZATION HOLD policy and discovered under #3 of their agreement the following term, “We (the bank) place a 4 Day hold on your account for the preauthorization amount…”. The Wyndham Airport Hotel, as mentioned on the telephone, has its policy printed on its registration cards and posted at the front desk, so guests may understand the policy upon check-in. Further, Priceline, your booking channel, does mention in several places on its website that a credit card is required upon check-in and that there may be additional charges. Priceline requires all persons booking to agree to these terms and conditions before proceeding. Also, I must point out that it was less than 24 hours, not 3 days, since your departure when we spoke and the incidental hold was still in place by the issuing bank. I fully understand your frustration and would have assisted in any way, had I been given the opportunity, to work with the issuing bank to have the hold removed. On a positive note, the hotel did retrieve the embossed “U.S. Senate” glass left in your room. The Executive Housekeeper is waiting to hear from you regarding the shipment of your item. I again apologize for not meeting your expectations and wish you safe and happy travels in the future.
new york
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2011

The hotel looked fairly new. It was well kept and clean. The rooms and common areas were nicely decorated. The complimentary breakfast was convenient. The location was easy to get to and the surrounding area was good.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2011

I'm a Wyndham-er now! Whenever I can afford it I'll definitely go with Wyndham from now on. SOO comfortable, room was lovely - only stayed for a night so I can't say much about the staff, but they seemed nice. Best continental breakfast I've ever had, too. ANd it was free.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple