“good value”

Super 8 Richmond Midlothian Turnpike
Ranked #62 of 81 Hotels in Richmond

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed June 5, 2012

Our stay at super 8 was great. Per all reviews on travel websites saying do not stay because of roaches we did not see any during our six day stay. The manager had posted on trip advisor in april of this year that problem was resolved with exterminator. We decided to take a chance and no roaches seen even with having pet food siting out. Only issue was having to have door key card reset several times. Great stay in suite and thanks super 8 for accepting pets for a reasonable fee compared to other hotels.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Tenille B, Manager at Super 8 Richmond Midlothian Turnpike, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Thank you for the great feedback. Our goal is not only to meet the needs of each guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations. Thank you again and I hope you think of Super 8 for your next stay.
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed February 29, 2012

When I saw the first roach I placed all my belongings on the bed and prayed they would not get in my stuff. I never would bring food into the room always had to eat out. The place is a mess the halls are dirty the stairway is dirty, everything was very dirty I didnt want to touch anything not even the remote. The price was only 56.00, I was desperate and running out of cash. I slept in my clothes and kept shoes on at all times even getting in and out of the shower. Place was so bad last night I decided to just sleep in my car, couldnt stomach another night.
SERIOUSLY THIS PLACE SHOULD NOT BE OPEN!!!!!! IT IS A HEALTH HAZARD
I figure if someone swabed this place they would shut it down, I cant believe this place has not been condemned.

Room Tip: For your safety keep it moving
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Terriblew
Tenille B, Manager at Super 8 Richmond Midlothian Turnpike, responded to this review, April 18, 2012
Thanks for making us aware of your stay! We also need to know when we did not meet your expectations. We did have a problem due to long term stays and micro/fridge in our rooms. Many guest have food in their rooms and may have lead to the bug problem. We have addressed this with our pest control company and the situation has been corrected. We treat all rooms on a monthly basis. Hope you give us another opportunity on your next visit to the area
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
Holiday Inn Express
Holiday Inn Express
#5 of 6 in Midlothian
Extended Stay America - North Chesterfield - Arboretum
Best Western Plus Governor's Inn
Hampton Inn Richmond-Midlothian Turnpike
Fairfield Inn & Suites Richmond Midlothian
Four Points by Sheraton Richmond

Been to Super 8 Richmond Midlothian Turnpike? Share your experiences!