“Typical Courtyard, Good Price”

Courtyard Richmond West
Ranked #24 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
Ellicott City, Maryland
“Typical Courtyard, Good Price”
Reviewed July 2, 2014

This is a typical Courtyard property. The room was fine, with a good air conditioning system (too often they don't do the job right, but not here). The front desk was efficient, and the room was ready, despite our early arrival of 2:30 PM. I wouldn't go out of my way to stay here, but for the price it was just fine.

Room Tip: Ask for third floor room, which don't have anywhere near the traffic of people walking by, as no...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Chicago
Reviewed June 4, 2014

The hotel is clean and you can tell it is an older property that was renovated rather recently. The location is quiet considering it is off of a busy street. I have stayed at other Courtyard properties where the service was exceptional, here this was not the case however I was not treated rudely by any means but what was different was that in other properties the staff would go out of their way to welcome you and show you around as opposed to hear are your keys look for entrance "X" and take the elevator to your room. In comparison to other courtyards the internet is slower, the TV is smaller, and you get less channels (for example I couldn't watch the NHL playoffs because they do not offer NBC Sportsnetwork which is a basic cable channel). Those are just minor gripes but I will say that the bed was extremely comfortable.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank KB630
Steven P, General Manager at Courtyard Richmond West, responded to this review, June 7, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our hotel. I’m glad you loved our beds and noticed that our hotel was clean and recently renovated. My entire staff is extremely proud of our hotel and we strive to deliver world class service to every customer. I regret that we did not deliver the service you expect when staying a Courtyard property this time.

I’m pleased to say that our internet performance rating from Courtyard’s internal guest surveys program currently has us in the top 25% of the entire Courtyard brand. We receive very few complaints regarding our internet service now and in the next few weeks we will be upgrading our main internet switch which will enhance our service even more.

Our guest rooms have 37’’ LG flat screen TV’s in every room with 40 channels including HBO. In addition we have 6 TV’s in our Bistro area that have 272 channels available. Our Bistro is open for breakfast and dinner with a full bar and our guests have access to these TV’s 24 hours a day. I’m sorry you missed the game. Perhaps next time you could catch the game in our lobby while grabbing a bite to eat.

Thanks again for choosing Courtyard. We sincerely hope to get another chance to show you our spirit to serve the next time you are in the Richmond area!
Ellicott City, Maryland
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Very nice person at the front desk. Room was clean. Walls are thin, but many hotels have the same issue. Only problem during the stay--and it wasn't Courtyard's fault--was rude guests. There were kids running up and down the halls during the evening hours. Then adults coming back late at night being loud and slamming doors. Got woke up several times throughout the night. Pretty good location on a main road with lots of shopping and wonderful restaurants within 10 miles.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Darien, Connecticut, USA
Reviewed May 28, 2014

The hotel is nice, its updated and the rooms have all the amenities you would expect from a courtyard. There is an outdoor pool and a nice central courtyard with grass and a sitting area.

Customer service was pretty bad, we arrived at 10 or so and there was only one person on staff. Check in was fast and courteous. Then things went downhill. We had a room with a sofa bed. when I opened the sofa bed the bed was not made. I called the front desk a couple times and no one answered, I then walked over to the front desk and was told that the linens were in a drawer and I would have to make the bed. I then had to ask for pillows as there were none for the sofa bed. Not the best start to our stay. I did look for other hotels in the area for the next 2 nights but could not find one that could accommodate us so we stuck it out.

Our last day we went to the bistro for coffee and breakfast but were told by a gentleman that it had closed 10 minutes ago and there was nothing he could do. Never mind that there was still coffee in the pots, bakery items and fruit cups on the counter. After insisting he gave us some paper cups to serve ourselves but he would charge us at the check in counter. As I finished making my coffee a lady came out from behind and said we could have anything we wanted and charged us right there.

Room Tip: First floor rooms facing the inside have access to the grass courtyard, the rooms facing the outside...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Greenwich, Connecticut
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Very nice hotel with great staff
It was a Comfortable stay . Beds were very good.
The only problem was the air c onditioner.
It would not stay on and then would make a tremendous noise
This needs to be fixed. Otherwise great and close to university of Richmond

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Emmaus, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 7, 2014

I have now stayed at this hotel three time in the last few months. While this hotel has been around for many years, it has been renovated and is current with most newer Marriott Courtyards. The rooms are large, the lobby area has a small café. The business center and workout room were ample.

This hotel offers very competitive rates and is in a great location just off I-64 not far from I-95. Parking is easy and complimentary. Staff is very friendly and knowledgeable of the local area. May restaurants are only blocks away on Broad St..

Room Tip: Book early for best rate
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 18, 2014

Reservation taken by Adam - super friendly and efficient. Later called to say we needed a late check-in and the female front desk associate was extremely personable. Said they'd be happy to see us and to drive safely.... Once there, we saw smiling, happy workers - even at 10pm. One lady held the door and the elevator - then chatted with us and said customer service is what they're all about. It made an impression as you can see- and we've been all over the world !

• Stayed March 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
Candlewood Suites Richmond - West Broad
Residence Inn Richmond West End
Holiday Inn Richmond I 64 West End
Hampton Inn & Suites Richmond/Glenside
BEST WESTERN Executive Hotel
The Westin Richmond
The Westin Richmond
#2 of 81 in Richmond

Been to Courtyard Richmond West? Share your experiences!