“Nice and new”

Courtyard Richmond West
Ranked #22 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Showed up without a reservation...was pleasantly surprised to see a new Lobby and newly decorated rooms....nice surprise after hours of driving. Grabbed late dinner at bistro...server not exceptionally friendly but food came out quickly. The front desk attendant was quite pleasant..would stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for room away from road
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed March 24, 2013

This is a very standard Courtyard. We stayed here on the way to DC and got in later than expected. No problems- we were still welcomed and given a perfectly clean room. There is a mini-fridge in the room, as well as a couch (in the king-size bed rooms). It looked pretty new, along with the lobby which was well decorated.

My only complaint is the location of the light switches in the bathroom! The light switch to the toilet/shower part is not in the room, but located to the right of the sink. . .confusing. The light to the sink/closet area was on the left of the sink. . .not very intuitive places.

Didn't hear a lot of noise and it was a Friday night, which is a good thing. Both when we checked in and out, the Bistro was busy. We did not eat there, but a lot of people were!

Room Tip: Choose a room on the second or third floor.. . first floor opens to the parking lot.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Our family was visiting Richmond for a trip to Lego Kids Fest downtown and choose this hotel based on price. I was very pleased with hotel - great location, clean and large rooms, comfortable beds. We even had a patio overlooking pool area. However, I was disappointed in noise in hallways throughout the night (high school girls soccer team) - slamming doors, laughing/screaming kids, not a lot of supervision or help from staff to keep noise to minimum. The kids loved the lobby area with touch screen tv and we enjoyed our hot breakfast at the bistro. Friendly staff, however, they weren't very helpful with local dining and attractions or noise levels at night.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 5, 2013

We travel to Richmond frequently to visit family and were surprised to find the hotel renovation nearly completed - lobby and rooms. The rooms are newly decorated, carpeting all new, halls painted, etc. The lobby is totally renovated and a "bistro" is now part of the operation. The staff is always friendly, and very helpful. I was very disappointed, however, that with the arrival of the bistro, they removed the coffee urns from the lobby where free coffee was alway available. The one-cup-at-a-time coffee makers are still in each room, but I did love the coffee from the lobby. It is still available - now for purchase. We will continue staying here because of the convenience and comfort.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank VAlovetotravel2
Reviewed February 3, 2013

My husband and I stayed in this Marriott in January of 2013 while attending an exhibit at the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts, which is about ten minutes away. The hotel had just been redone. The room was bright and attractive and everything was new and clean. The reading lamps were excellent. Breakfast was available downstairs in a newly-opened cafe. The food was good, moderately-priced and nicely served. The staff of this hotel was wonderful -- very gracious and attentive. There is also a lounge area that is part of the lobby, complete with comfortable seating and wi-fi. If I were traveling for business, I would definitely spend time there.

While mattress and pillow hardness is totally an individual thing, I found the mattress a bit soft. But the bedding was new. The top piece was a cover with duvet so it can be washed frequently, unlike bedspreads in many hotels. The bathroom was just a bit small but totally acceptable for a weekend trip. I would definitely go back here.

Room Tip: This hotel is on Richmond's main street so you might want to ask for a room on the back. We did...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Other Trip Advisor reviews indicated the hotel needed updating. I am thrilled to report the hotel/lobby and rooms have been updated. I had a room on the back. It was so mild I slept with the screen door open. Renovations are still underway in the outside grounds and so it was noisy very early in the AM. Bed was completely comfortable and I had a great night's sleep.

I mentioned to check out clerk that I thought the room needed more mirrors and she said the mirrors are on the inside of closet doors. Who knew.

Room Tip: Broad Street can be busy so request a room in the back parking lot
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Arrival was easy just off Broad Street the parking lot is surface parking and free. I was using a frequent stayer coupon and it was no problem at check in. The lobby is renovated and has an active bar. When asked about noise the guy at the front desk handed us a "no party" document and wanted us to sign it. Guess it works the room and hallways were quiet. The room itself was modern and clean. The next morning they had what seemed to be a very expensive breakfast available. Sorta like a starbucks set up. Opt'ed to not pay their price and went down the road to Cracker Barrell. I would probably look for a hotel with a complimentary breakfast next time I was in West Richmond.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple