“If Convenient is all that counts....”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #57 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed December 11, 2012

...even if running up the I-95 corridor leads you to this place, do look twice. Picked this out of one of those ubiquitous flyers that list discount prices if you present the coupon on arrival with no advance reservation. This is the only Quality Guest Privileges hotel in the 5 that we've used recently that wouldn't take my membership, claiming he'd have to charge me $20 more if I 'used' it. (I usually proffer it so they can get my address down correctly.) We got the discount price, but it wasn't much of a bargain. No coffee making facility in the room, and the 'breakfast' was pretty appalling: one 'juice' if it can be called that, which resembled and tasted like imperfectly dissolved Tang in a big, unchilled pitcher. No decaf coffee. No breakfast cereal. A loaf of bread with instructions on how to open the bread bag. And 4 'Honey Buns' (Hostess pastries, where are you when we need you?) in a basket. Happily, we stopped in at a friend's up the road in Alex. who presented a wonderful coffeecake, real juice and coffee, putting this appalling mess in our memories. Regret that this place has turned us off EconoLodges, others might be better.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank narrowboatersia

Reviewed August 11, 2012

I had some reservation about booking a room at an Econo Lodge (I had bad experiences in other ones) but the price was right, the location was great, right off I-95 South , fast food lacations near by, literally at walking distance, KFC/TacoBell thats open late next door for those looking for a quick drive through. Rooms are nice, a little bit of mold in the grout but major that wouldnt prevent me from staying here again. I would recommend this place to anyone that is looking for an affordable stop over during a long drive.

• Stayed: August 2012
3  Thank TheSierras
Reviewed July 11, 2012

The price was right, and the location (re both I-95 and downtown Richmond) was reasonable, and supermarket very close. There was a microwave (which I didn't use) and a frig, but no coffee maker. Breakfast was sparse, but acceptable. Air conditioner was noisy, and seriously interfered with sleep. I never did figure out how to turn on the TV. I might return, maybe.

Room Tip: Listen to the AC before you decide
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank SickleSam
Reviewed June 27, 2012

When I arrived I wasn't all that sold on this motel. But we received a room downstairs in the corner. It was very spacious everything was clean... It was a smoking room but you wouldn't have been able to tell. The bathroom was large, the tv was rather small but manageable. Overall it was a very decent pleasant experience for a motel. I would recommend it for sure!!!

Room Tip: Choose a corner room!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Misspookie4u2
Reviewed June 5, 2012

The Manager and his staff at this Econo Lodge are outstanding. After arriving late on a Saturday night and finding that my reservation had been messed up by ORBITZ(I had reserved NON-SMOKING rooms. ORBITZ had reserved SMOKING rooms), the manager helped me resolve the PROBLEM with ORBITZ. Had to cancel the ORBITZ reservations. The rooms I finally got, which were not through ORBITZ, were very clean. Beds, sheets, towels, and floors were very clean. Each time I walked in to the lobby they asked how everything was and if we needed anything. Very good staff. Very nice rooms.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Anderson_1957
Reviewed May 24, 2012

This hotel's bathtub was the filthiest I ever seen...I wore flip flops to take a shower.....The bed was uncomfortable, and sheets had cigarette burns everywhere. Very dirty hotel STAY AWAY.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 25, 2012 via mobile

Trip to Orlando, Fl, with 2 year old! Paid 60 for 1 night. Thought it was expensive but we were tired & just wanted to sleep the night! The room is outdated, smelly, cigarette burns on sheets! Definitely not worth that kind o money...

• Stayed: April 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
Sleep Inn
Econo Lodge-Broad St
Econo Lodge-Broad St
#62 of 82 in Richmond
Suburban Extended Stay Hotel - Richmond

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!