“You get what you pay for”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #60 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed July 11, 2012

The price was right, and the location (re both I-95 and downtown Richmond) was reasonable, and supermarket very close. There was a microwave (which I didn't use) and a frig, but no coffee maker. Breakfast was sparse, but acceptable. Air conditioner was noisy, and seriously interfered with sleep. I never did figure out how to turn on the TV. I might return, maybe.

Room Tip: Listen to the AC before you decide
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank SickleSam
There are newer reviews for Econo Lodge

Reviewed June 27, 2012

When I arrived I wasn't all that sold on this motel. But we received a room downstairs in the corner. It was very spacious everything was clean... It was a smoking room but you wouldn't have been able to tell. The bathroom was large, the tv was rather small but manageable. Overall it was a very decent pleasant experience for a motel. I would recommend it for sure!!!

Room Tip: Choose a corner room!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Misspookie4u2
Reviewed June 5, 2012

The Manager and his staff at this Econo Lodge are outstanding. After arriving late on a Saturday night and finding that my reservation had been messed up by ORBITZ(I had reserved NON-SMOKING rooms. ORBITZ had reserved SMOKING rooms), the manager helped me resolve the PROBLEM with ORBITZ. Had to cancel the ORBITZ reservations. The rooms I finally got, which were not through ORBITZ, were very clean. Beds, sheets, towels, and floors were very clean. Each time I walked in to the lobby they asked how everything was and if we needed anything. Very good staff. Very nice rooms.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Anderson_1957
Reviewed May 24, 2012

This hotel's bathtub was the filthiest I ever seen...I wore flip flops to take a shower.....The bed was uncomfortable, and sheets had cigarette burns everywhere. Very dirty hotel STAY AWAY.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 25, 2012 via mobile

Trip to Orlando, Fl, with 2 year old! Paid 60 for 1 night. Thought it was expensive but we were tired & just wanted to sleep the night! The room is outdated, smelly, cigarette burns on sheets! Definitely not worth that kind o money...

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed August 24, 2010

We got to the hotel pretty late and to be fair the staff are friendly and keen to ensure that you have settled in well. However, when we got to our rooms there was an appalling smell of mould. Everything was dirty as well. For example, under the beds there were cigarette butts and the chairs also had strange stains on them. The thing that did make us laugh was that when we had a shower, from walking from the shower to the bed bare foot our feet were dirty due to the state of the carpet.

There is nothing to do there, we ended up sitting in a mcdonalds as that was the only thing that had wireless internet. I would AVOID this hotel!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jacko1980
Reviewed February 25, 2010

rooms were clean, people were friendly and we were well taken care of.

Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank ChelseyW2
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
Sleep Inn
Econo Lodge-Broad St
#62 of 82 in Richmond
Best Western Plus Glen Allen Inn
Clarion Hotel Richmond Central

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!