“Terrible!”

and 1 more site!
Midlothian Inn
Ranked #76 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed February 17, 2013

This hotel is horrible. I'm so lucky I literally only stayed here for four hours. I do have to say the manager was accommodating and allowed us to do late check out(which we ended up not doing). The bathroom was filthy,the bathtub had black grime in it, the room was freezing and took almost an hour to warm up. The continental breakfast!!!! HORRIBLE...sliced bread,mini muffins and SPOILED ORANGE JUICE!!! Yes, I drank a sip of the orange juice and it was sour frothy and obviously spoiled. When I showed it to them at the front desk they said they must have left it out from yesterday. When they brought more out, the container they used was probably 1/15 full. When I checked out,no receipt nothing!!! I was honestly going by the choice hotel brand but this was just horrible. Choice hotels should be very careful of what franchises they allow to use their name.

• Stayed: February 2013
3  Thank Kabalatiti
There are newer reviews for Midlothian Inn

Reviewed June 28, 2012

Stayed there last summer from out of town. Got reservations online and I assumed since it is a chain it had to be at least decent. First thing when we got there the other guests kept peaking out at us unloading our vehicle. They looked like crackheads and I later found out that this place rents rooms to locals that I was told can't afford the 70 bucks a night. So they rent out the crappier rooms for 25-35 to locals a night. Our room leaked water onto the bed from the ceiling. I talked to management and they said they would give us half off our stay. Turned out he meant just that night... Totally worth listening to water drop into the garbage can all night... Right. It's located in an isolated (No decent restaurants nearby or stores) and crappy area also. It's a dump and totally not worth 80 bucks a night after taxes.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank Ryan D
Reviewed December 10, 2011

There are a few things about this hotel that I disliked...
The staff was OK but in no way friendly.
The rooms are VERY darkly lit.
There is NO coffee pot or microwave in the room.
The "Continental Breakfast" is a huge joke...it was watery coffee, box mix OJ, and packaged muffins, white bread with jam packages.

For the rate I guess you get what you pay for...would not stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Momma2miranda
Reviewed December 13, 2007

The room was filthy. Staff didn't seem to know what they were doing. I didn't stay.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank lmv23
MikeHampton, Owner at Midlothian Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2009

I'm concerned about the stay you experienced at our hotel during your recent visit. I'm writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. Consequently, it's disappointing to learn that you're unhappy.

Please accept my sincere apology.

I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us.

We look forward to serving your future lodging needs.

Michael

Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
Holiday Inn Express
Holiday Inn Express
#5 of 6 in Midlothian
Fairfield Inn & Suites Richmond Midlothian
Best Western Plus Governor's Inn
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Richmond - Brandermill - Hull St
Hampton Inn Richmond-Midlothian Turnpike
Hampton Inn Richmond Southwest - Hull Street

Been to Midlothian Inn? Share your experiences!