“If you need internet - don't stay here!!”

Extended Stay America - Richmond - W. Broad Street - Glenside - South
Ranked #58 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
“If you need internet - don't stay here!!”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

My DH has been here quite a while working an IT contract in Richmond. The hotel is nice enough. The room is clean and we have not seen any bugs. The cleaning ladies do an awesome job. They are very friendly and go out of their way to help. They probably don't get the tips they deserve. They do a great job! The cops show up here quite often. There are loud disagreements in the parking lot and road that is close by that you can hear in your room. Sometimes this happens right outside your room. All of the tenants have been friendly. The hotel is pet friendly which is great.

The main thing is that if you need internet for your work, do NOT stay here. You have to call for service everytime you try to get on the internet and those calls can take forever. The other person that wrote about the internet service was exactly right. The wi-fi service is just bad or basically non existant. It really is a shame since if you are staying here on business it is imperative to have dependable internet service. For what it's worth the first several months my DH was here he did not have as many issues with the internet service. For months though we have not been able to get on wi-fi without issues and forget about sending emails. For a place that should expect business guests, internet is a requirement not a luxury and you won't get dependable wi-fi service here.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Richmond - W. Broad Street - Glenside - South, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I sincerely apologize that our internet is below standards. In response to your feedback, the company is in the process in upgrading our internet service in the next 3 - 4 weeks. Still, I am pleased that our staff was courteous and that the cleanliness of your guest room met your expectations.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at rwb@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Reviewed September 19, 2013

The door to the room looked like it was opened when we arrived. And when you shut the door from the inside it still looked like it was open. The room had a terrible odor, almost like a nursing home. There was an insect crawling on the ceiling and it was very stuffy. The condition of the room was horrible and the staff was a little rude during check-in. Needless to say I'll never willingly make reservation there again.

• Stayed September 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Richmond - W. Broad Street - Glenside - South, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Your review for our hotel was recently brought to my attention. The situation you described regarding the room and your check in is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. I discussed your comments with the team, and we are working to improve the housekeeping and the front desk staff on cleaning and customer service.

I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at rwb@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Every night for a week, I experienced great difficulty with trying to access the internet through Wi-Fi on my laptop. It was very frustrating. I am a Healthcare IT consultant and wanted to check my business related e-mails in the evening and perform other research on healthcare related web sites. When I called the hotel internet support line - I would be connected with an individual in Guatemala in Central America. I would spend up to an hour with these individuals attempting to resolve the internet access problems. After I was connected to the hotel's Wi-Fi, I still could not get access to the internet. I learned that various modems at the hotel are located in various guest rooms where they are sometimes stolen by the hotel guests or are unplugged !! After spending an hour on the telephone - it was so frustrating, I just threw in the towel and turned off my laptop. The moral of the story is if you are a consultant or other IT type of worker and you want to use your laptop in the evening to accomplish some work - this hotel is not the place for you. Thank you. Best Regards, Healthcare IT Consultant, Savannah, Georgia

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed July 9, 2013

The outside looks nice but the inside is filthy, noisey, and you will not have a good night sleep. I had to buy supplies to clean the filthy bathroom, the toilet was as loud as the air condition unit, they do not give extra wash clothes or towels, their is no housekeeping unless your staying for a week, the laundry room machines took my money twice and the staff would not reimburse us or give us change. The bed was so uncomfortable, sheets had old stains I used my own, the iron was dirty it left a horrible stain on my white pants. The only thing that was satisfying was the checking in and out process.

Room Tip: Spend a little extra and stay next door
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Richmond - W. Broad Street - Glenside - South, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the value of my hotel, but I am sorry about the issues found during your stay. I will continue to educate the staff on the importance of hotel presentation, clean rooms with clean linen and overall customer service. Thank you again for your review.

I would like the opportunity to fix the situation. Please feel free to contact me at tjames@extendedstay.com so we can discuss this matter a little further. Again, thank you.
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed July 5, 2013

All of the staff here were awesome; they're sincere about what they do, and they're genuinely nice people!

The bed was clean, the room was clean, even the dishes were clean. I didn't expect as much as I got for as inexpensive as it was! Full fridge and two burners help make the stay homier and less expensive. All the hot water and great water pressure you could want, and the shower is clean. We've stayed here a few times in a few different rooms and we've never had a bad experience!

The hotel is right near a few different within walking distance delicious restaurants, easy access to 64

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the value of our hotel. Thank you again for your review. It would be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future.
Birmingham
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We booked this motel based on positive reviews and a professional looking website but were disappointed when we arrived.

The signage into the motel wasn't great and ended up going to the hotel just across the parking lot of the motel.

Checking in was easy enough and the receptionist was very friendly and polite.

We opened the door to the room and were greeted with very basic accommodation. The bathroom although big, was very basic and the lighting not great. This meant showering in the dim light.

We used the laundry facilities to launder out clothes which was a welcome bonus and I'm glad the door locked behind us as neither of us felt very safe. The motel looked like a prison block or some government funded housing in a bad neighborhood of town.

We had room 100 which was on the 1st floor at the end just by the stair well. The people in the room above us had no concept of manors or time and thumped and banged around on the floor until 4am. This meant we both had a very poor nights sleep. They were also talking very loudly which could be heard through what seemed like paper thin walls, and kept running up and down the stairs.

The outside of the motel had sufficient parking and we luckily parked as close to our room as possible for a quick get away in the morning.

On our mini road trip we stayed at much better and cheaper facilities. We felt let down by Extended Stay America and because of this will not be using them again in the future.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Woodbridge
Reviewed May 19, 2013

My daughter was displaced by fire and needed a temporary place for several weeks/months. This hotel has been perfect for her. First, it is in a very nice, safe location, which was very important to me. Secondly, the staff, from the manager Steve Ayers, to each employee she or I have since come in contact with are very friendly, helpful and seem truly interested in doing a great job. When I am there, I always see staff maintaining the grounds. The room itself is great. It has everything she needs. It is clean. I highly recommend this hotel for anyone from overnight to extended stay. Thank you so much for everything.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
Suburban Extended Stay Hotel - Richmond
WoodSpring Suites Richmond West
Extended Stay America - Richmond - W. Broad Street - Glenside - North
Hotel I-64 Richmond
Hotel I-64 Richmond
#68 of 81 in Richmond
Best Western Executive Hotel
Extended Stay America - Richmond - West End - I-64

Been to Extended Stay America - Richmond - W. Broad Street - Glenside - South? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Richmond - W. Broad Street - Glenside - South

Property: Extended Stay America - Richmond - W. Broad Street - Glenside - South
Address: 6811 Paragon Pl, Richmond, VA 23230-1648
Location: United States > Virginia > Richmond
Ranked #58 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Richmond - W. Broad Street - Glenside - South 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Extended Stay, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Extended Stay America - Richmond - W. Broad Street - Glenside - South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.