“Perfect for my tech contract job next door”

Extended Stay America - Richmond - W. Broad Street - Glenside - South
Ranked #52 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I have a 9 month contract at Paragon Place office building and this is right next door. I could walk if I so chose. But the people here at Extended Stay have come to know me and they really appreciate their business customers. This is not my first Extended Stay by any means but I have come to expect consistency from this chain and I always get it. I have been here 5 months and and my room is cleaned "consistently" on a day of my choice each week. There is a Bob Evans and a Waffle House right across the street. The management has truly taken care of me and I just don't have to worry about where I live while I am making my living on the road. I have what I need and I don't have to pay electric and cable and no lease!! Two or three less worries if you choose to stay here.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
brish0213, Manager at Extended Stay America - Richmond - W. Broad Street - Glenside - South, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Reviewed November 9, 2012

I was introduced to Extended Stay America while I was in the middle of a crisis. I had, essentially, become homeless and through chance, while using a telephone at a Martin's Grocery Store, the name was told to me by someone who already stays here. I rushed over, secured a room and have been treated with respect and support, from the moment I got here. The girls, at the front desk Latisha, Annette and Denise have gone out of their way to make me feel secure and have even helped me with finding local agencies from which I have received support. The manager, here, Steve, has always been available to help me understand the terms and conditions here, has always had the time to discuss my options with me and is a professional, yet approachable, representative for your company. I will recommend Extended Stay America to anyone I ever encounter that needs a place to stay where the personnel are kind, supportive and professional. I love it here, and intend to stay through the long term. Because of your wonderful staff, here in Richmond, I really do consider Extended Stay America, the "Best Place Ever."

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
brish0213, Manager at Extended Stay America - Richmond - W. Broad Street - Glenside - South, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2012

Reviewed November 2, 2012

Stopped here for business meeting in the area before heading up north. As far as the hotel goes, it was very functional as it had a little kitchenette which is a real plus for business travelers who are on the road alot. It was not the cleanest or nicest though and the elevator was like the slow boat to China! When I made the reservation, I got a real good deal $51+ tx because we are insurance adjusters going to help hurricane Sandy victims. How nice, but when we were assigned to go north after one day, the hotel lady said it would be $71 because we didn't stay the 4 days I had predicted. I tried to explain that the lady, Annette, that set my reservation told me I could hold the room through the weekend without being penalized if we had to leave. I couldn't get this through the night girl's head, so I just left. She said she would eventually refund the rest, minus the $71. I appreciated not being gouged originally, like we always are in storm situations, but to do it with the pretense of helping and getting you in their hotel, is even worse. I will talk to Annette on Sunday when she gets back in to see if I could get the balance back according to our original deal. I will post positive if they do honor what was said to begin with.

Room Tip: Get your deal in writing first!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. Given our company's commitment to superior guest service, it was great to read about your positive experience with our staff. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. You certainly have my sincerest apologies.

We know that our guests have multiple hotel choices, which is why we work hard to provide our guests with the exceptional service they are due. When you checked in you were quoted a special weekly rate , but did not stay for seven days.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

As usual, before booking this hotel for a very quick stay, I read all the reviews. Of course, there were the usual people who never seem satisfied anywhere.
I felt the hotel was a very convenient and a good deal for the money. It is truly a step off I 64 and was very clean and and equipped with a refit, microwave and stove.
Yes, there were a few unsavory looking characters around but they minded their own business and the place was totally quiet at night.
I recommend this hotel highly for convenience and bargain hunters.

Room Tip: Top floors to keep walking noise down.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
brish0213, Manager at Extended Stay America - Richmond - W. Broad Street - Glenside - South, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words

Reviewed August 30, 2012

My wife and I have been staying at this Extended stay for over a week, it is very nice, clean and the staff is awsome. We have enjoyed staying here. They even had a cook out with some of the best food we have eaten. I highly recommend stay at this Extended Stay if your are in Richmond, VA.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Richmond - W. Broad Street - Glenside - South, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

Thank you so very much for your glowing review of our hotel. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that.

Reviewed June 11, 2012

As the title indicates, management will readily supply a well located room for illegal activity. Consequently the local police are regularly forced to deal with the resulting problems.
The mostly friendly and helpful staff does their best. But this place is to be avoided.

• Stayed: May 2012
6  Thank kinneyterr
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Richmond - I-64 - West Broad Street. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

Reviewed May 29, 2012

We were at this nasty hotel over the weekend for a basketball tournament first of all the reservation line booked us in the wrong hotel we were suppossed to be across the street in the DECENT hotel!! We tried to leave, but there was no other hotel available. It is a RAT HOTEL!!!!When making our reservation I asked for a conjoining room and was promised one, but the hotel doesn;t even offer this type room, We had 8 reservations that I had to organize between our group ( I DO NOT WORK AT THE HOTEL). When we arrive everything was messed up the lady at the front was frustrated, cussing couldn't even count out $1.04 in change!! 1 of our parents was checked in by the LAUNDRY lady and was never asked fo rmoney so they hotel mgr the next day decided to charge MY CARD!!! 2 of the rooms that 2 different parents were checked into didn;t have a working bathrooms!!! I go to the front to complain about god only knows what and there is a list on the desk of what rooms have BED BUGS!!!! I was switched to a smaller room so I could be closer to the team and was due a refund and instead the idoit gave a refund to another parent and asked that parent to refund me the money!! There was trash left in my room I went to the desk and notified them and they looked at me like I should just throw it away!! SAVE YOUR MONEY AND YOUR TIME!!!! STAY AWAY

Room Tip: The whole place is disgusting!!!!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Courtney254
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Richmond - I-64 - West Broad Street. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
Extended Stay America - Richmond - W. Broad Street - Glenside - North
WoodSpring Suites Richmond West
Candlewood Suites Richmond - West Broad
Extended Stay America - North Chesterfield - Arboretum
Extended Stay America - Richmond - Innsbrook
Extended Stay America - Richmond - West End - I-64

Been to Extended Stay America - Richmond - W. Broad Street - Glenside - South? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Richmond - W. Broad Street - Glenside - South

Address: 6811 Paragon Pl, Richmond, VA 23230-1648
Location: United States > Virginia > Richmond
Ranked #52 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Price Range: $70 - $90 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Richmond - W. Broad Street - Glenside - South 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Extended Stay, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cancelon so you can book your Extended Stay America - Richmond - W. Broad Street - Glenside - South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.