Extended Stay America - Richmond - W. Broad Street - Glenside - South
Ranked #58 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Dallas, Texas
“Little Kitchenette”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Stopped here for business meeting in the area before heading up north. As far as the hotel goes, it was very functional as it had a little kitchenette which is a real plus for business travelers who are on the road alot. It was not the cleanest or nicest though and the elevator was like the slow boat to China! When I made the reservation, I got a real good deal $51+ tx because we are insurance adjusters going to help hurricane Sandy victims. How nice, but when we were assigned to go north after one day, the hotel lady said it would be $71 because we didn't stay the 4 days I had predicted. I tried to explain that the lady, Annette, that set my reservation told me I could hold the room through the weekend without being penalized if we had to leave. I couldn't get this through the night girl's head, so I just left. She said she would eventually refund the rest, minus the $71. I appreciated not being gouged originally, like we always are in storm situations, but to do it with the pretense of helping and getting you in their hotel, is even worse. I will talk to Annette on Sunday when she gets back in to see if I could get the balance back according to our original deal. I will post positive if they do honor what was said to begin with.

Room Tip: Get your deal in writing first!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
brish0213, Manager at Extended Stay America - Richmond - W. Broad Street - Glenside - South, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. Given our company's commitment to superior guest service, it was great to read about your positive experience with our staff. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. You certainly have my sincerest apologies.

We know that our guests have multiple hotel choices, which is why we work hard to provide our guests with the exceptional service they are due. When you checked in you were quoted a special weekly rate , but did not stay for seven days.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
warrenton ,va
Reviewed October 9, 2012

As usual, before booking this hotel for a very quick stay, I read all the reviews. Of course, there were the usual people who never seem satisfied anywhere.
I felt the hotel was a very convenient and a good deal for the money. It is truly a step off I 64 and was very clean and and equipped with a refit, microwave and stove.
Yes, there were a few unsavory looking characters around but they minded their own business and the place was totally quiet at night.
I recommend this hotel highly for convenience and bargain hunters.

Room Tip: Top floors to keep walking noise down.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
brish0213, Manager at Extended Stay America - Richmond - W. Broad Street - Glenside - South, responded to this review, October 25, 2012

Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed August 30, 2012

My wife and I have been staying at this Extended stay for over a week, it is very nice, clean and the staff is awsome. We have enjoyed staying here. They even had a cook out with some of the best food we have eaten. I highly recommend stay at this Extended Stay if your are in Richmond, VA.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Richmond - W. Broad Street - Glenside - South, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of our hotel. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that.

Reviewed June 11, 2012

As the title indicates, management will readily supply a well located room for illegal activity. Consequently the local police are regularly forced to deal with the resulting problems.
The mostly friendly and helpful staff does their best. But this place is to be avoided.

• Stayed May 2012
6 Thank kinneyterr
, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Richmond - W. Broad Street - Glenside - South, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Richmond - I-64 - West Broad Street. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

Roxboro, North Carolina
Reviewed May 29, 2012

We were at this nasty hotel over the weekend for a basketball tournament first of all the reservation line booked us in the wrong hotel we were suppossed to be across the street in the DECENT hotel!! We tried to leave, but there was no other hotel available. It is a RAT HOTEL!!!!When making our reservation I asked for a conjoining room and was promised one, but the hotel doesn;t even offer this type room, We had 8 reservations that I had to organize between our group ( I DO NOT WORK AT THE HOTEL). When we arrive everything was messed up the lady at the front was frustrated, cussing couldn't even count out $1.04 in change!! 1 of our parents was checked in by the LAUNDRY lady and was never asked fo rmoney so they hotel mgr the next day decided to charge MY CARD!!! 2 of the rooms that 2 different parents were checked into didn;t have a working bathrooms!!! I go to the front to complain about god only knows what and there is a list on the desk of what rooms have BED BUGS!!!! I was switched to a smaller room so I could be closer to the team and was due a refund and instead the idoit gave a refund to another parent and asked that parent to refund me the money!! There was trash left in my room I went to the desk and notified them and they looked at me like I should just throw it away!! SAVE YOUR MONEY AND YOUR TIME!!!! STAY AWAY

Room Tip: The whole place is disgusting!!!!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Courtney254
, Manager at Extended Stay America - Richmond - W. Broad Street - Glenside - South, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Richmond - I-64 - West Broad Street. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Richmond VA
Reviewed April 19, 2012

They help by really fitting into my budget. They are the best hotel I have stayed at in a long time. The best for money and they are the best people i have come across.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Richmond - W. Broad Street - Glenside - South, responded to this review, April 30, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Richmond - I-64 - West Broad Street. Whenever I read comments like yours, it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.

richmond va
Reviewed April 19, 2012

I have been staying at this hotel for a year now. Only go home every 2-3 weeks for the weekend. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone who needs a quiet and comfortable place to stay while away from their own home. The rooms are very nice. Have everything you need to sleep, cook, etc. The housekeeping staff are very friendly and clean the rooms once a week. Plus you can go to the office and get clean towels, sheets, blanket, toliet paper and kleenex as needed. Very quiet place to stay. They do not bother you and try very hard to accomodate you. There is a sister hotel right across the parking lot that has a outdoor pool and larger rooms, if you prefer a pool.

Room Tip: 3rd floor is the quietest floor to be on.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your nice review of Extended Stay America Richmond - I-64 - West Broad Street. Whenever I read comments like yours, it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.

Please know that we are thrilled to have you as our guest, and we thank you for all of your very kind words.