Extended Stay America - Richmond - W. Broad Street - Glenside - South
Ranked #57 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
Richmond, Virginia
“GREAT PLACE to Stay”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

My wife and I have been staying at this Extended stay for over a week, it is very nice, clean and the staff is awsome. We have enjoyed staying here. They even had a cook out with some of the best food we have eaten. I highly recommend stay at this Extended Stay if your are in Richmond, VA.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Richmond - W. Broad Street - Glenside - South, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of our hotel. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Reviewed June 11, 2012

As the title indicates, management will readily supply a well located room for illegal activity. Consequently the local police are regularly forced to deal with the resulting problems.
The mostly friendly and helpful staff does their best. But this place is to be avoided.

• Stayed May 2012
6 Thank kinneyterr
, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Richmond - W. Broad Street - Glenside - South, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Richmond - I-64 - West Broad Street. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

Roxboro, North Carolina
Reviewed May 29, 2012

We were at this nasty hotel over the weekend for a basketball tournament first of all the reservation line booked us in the wrong hotel we were suppossed to be across the street in the DECENT hotel!! We tried to leave, but there was no other hotel available. It is a RAT HOTEL!!!!When making our reservation I asked for a conjoining room and was promised one, but the hotel doesn;t even offer this type room, We had 8 reservations that I had to organize between our group ( I DO NOT WORK AT THE HOTEL). When we arrive everything was messed up the lady at the front was frustrated, cussing couldn't even count out $1.04 in change!! 1 of our parents was checked in by the LAUNDRY lady and was never asked fo rmoney so they hotel mgr the next day decided to charge MY CARD!!! 2 of the rooms that 2 different parents were checked into didn;t have a working bathrooms!!! I go to the front to complain about god only knows what and there is a list on the desk of what rooms have BED BUGS!!!! I was switched to a smaller room so I could be closer to the team and was due a refund and instead the idoit gave a refund to another parent and asked that parent to refund me the money!! There was trash left in my room I went to the desk and notified them and they looked at me like I should just throw it away!! SAVE YOUR MONEY AND YOUR TIME!!!! STAY AWAY

Room Tip: The whole place is disgusting!!!!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Courtney254
, Manager at Extended Stay America - Richmond - W. Broad Street - Glenside - South, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Richmond - I-64 - West Broad Street. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Richmond VA
Reviewed April 19, 2012

They help by really fitting into my budget. They are the best hotel I have stayed at in a long time. The best for money and they are the best people i have come across.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Richmond - W. Broad Street - Glenside - South, responded to this review, April 30, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Richmond - I-64 - West Broad Street. Whenever I read comments like yours, it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.

richmond va
Reviewed April 19, 2012

I have been staying at this hotel for a year now. Only go home every 2-3 weeks for the weekend. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone who needs a quiet and comfortable place to stay while away from their own home. The rooms are very nice. Have everything you need to sleep, cook, etc. The housekeeping staff are very friendly and clean the rooms once a week. Plus you can go to the office and get clean towels, sheets, blanket, toliet paper and kleenex as needed. Very quiet place to stay. They do not bother you and try very hard to accomodate you. There is a sister hotel right across the parking lot that has a outdoor pool and larger rooms, if you prefer a pool.

Room Tip: 3rd floor is the quietest floor to be on.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your nice review of Extended Stay America Richmond - I-64 - West Broad Street. Whenever I read comments like yours, it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.

Please know that we are thrilled to have you as our guest, and we thank you for all of your very kind words.
Plymouth MA
Reviewed April 3, 2012

I had decided to try this hotel on my annual trip down to Florida. I had been looking for a hotel that I could stay at each year on my trips up and down. I tried it as it advertised that it had a complete kitchen, and I thought it would be better to "eat in" as it were.

Overall the room was clean, if somewhat spartan. The area around the hotel is decent and the hotel is decent in appearance. However, it definitely feels more like a mini-apartment complex. The staff was not particularly helpful. It was clear that if I wanted anything, it was up to me to find it for myself. The bed was not particularly comfortable (read: hard as rock), so, well traveled soul that I am, I went out to my car and fetched a foam pad and brought it in, making the bed more comfortable. However, indeed there was a small kitchen and glasses, plates, etc., were included. This is why I suggest it's perhaps better for the traveler that needs a room for a few days or more.

I also travel with two small, well-traveled, dogs and I was charged a $15 to $20 pet deposit on EACH of them, bringing up the price of the room.

If you are traveling with pets and only need a room for the night, I would try another hotel. However, for those staying for a number of days, this may be right for you.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Richmond - W. Broad Street - Glenside - South, responded to this review, April 16, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Richmond - I-64 - West Broad Street. It was gratifying to read your feedback about our amenities, but I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

It's not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future. Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I hope that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) brand location in the future.
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed January 31, 2012

While a friendly and helpful staff did all they could, this Extended Stay America property is showing obvious signs of age. My room was clean. However, the smoke detector was hanging by its wires from the ceiling; furnishings sported gouge marks; the remote for the older analog TV was broken. The outside elevator lurched several times while leveling on the first or second floors. I don't want to think that this is, as a previous reviewer stated, "The Best Stay In Town" - or, for that matter, even the best stay in the West End. I can tell you, with certainty, that I've stayed at several Richmond properties which are much better.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank nlaup
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
WoodSpring Suites Richmond West
Suburban Extended Stay Hotel - Richmond
Extended Stay America - Richmond - W. Broad Street - Glenside - North
Speco Hotels Richmond
Speco Hotels Richmond
#48 of 81 in Richmond
Candlewood Suites Richmond - West Broad
Best Western Executive Hotel

Been to Extended Stay America - Richmond - W. Broad Street - Glenside - South? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Richmond - W. Broad Street - Glenside - South

Property: Extended Stay America - Richmond - W. Broad Street - Glenside - South
Address: 6811 Paragon Pl, Richmond, VA 23230-1648
Location: United States > Virginia > Richmond
Ranked #57 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Richmond - W. Broad Street - Glenside - South 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Extended Stay, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cancelon so you can book your Extended Stay America - Richmond - W. Broad Street - Glenside - South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.