Extended Stay America - Richmond - W. Broad Street - Glenside - South
Ranked #58 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
Plymouth MA
“Better for Longer Stays”
Reviewed April 3, 2012

I had decided to try this hotel on my annual trip down to Florida. I had been looking for a hotel that I could stay at each year on my trips up and down. I tried it as it advertised that it had a complete kitchen, and I thought it would be better to "eat in" as it were.

Overall the room was clean, if somewhat spartan. The area around the hotel is decent and the hotel is decent in appearance. However, it definitely feels more like a mini-apartment complex. The staff was not particularly helpful. It was clear that if I wanted anything, it was up to me to find it for myself. The bed was not particularly comfortable (read: hard as rock), so, well traveled soul that I am, I went out to my car and fetched a foam pad and brought it in, making the bed more comfortable. However, indeed there was a small kitchen and glasses, plates, etc., were included. This is why I suggest it's perhaps better for the traveler that needs a room for a few days or more.

I also travel with two small, well-traveled, dogs and I was charged a $15 to $20 pet deposit on EACH of them, bringing up the price of the room.

If you are traveling with pets and only need a room for the night, I would try another hotel. However, for those staying for a number of days, this may be right for you.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Richmond - W. Broad Street - Glenside - South, responded to this review, April 16, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Richmond - I-64 - West Broad Street. It was gratifying to read your feedback about our amenities, but I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

It's not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future. Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I hope that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) brand location in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed January 31, 2012

While a friendly and helpful staff did all they could, this Extended Stay America property is showing obvious signs of age. My room was clean. However, the smoke detector was hanging by its wires from the ceiling; furnishings sported gouge marks; the remote for the older analog TV was broken. The outside elevator lurched several times while leveling on the first or second floors. I don't want to think that this is, as a previous reviewer stated, "The Best Stay In Town" - or, for that matter, even the best stay in the West End. I can tell you, with certainty, that I've stayed at several Richmond properties which are much better.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank nlaup
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed April 11, 2011

If you want a friendly staff, clean hotel and affordable rates, then this is the hotel for you. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

I hadn't planned on staying at the Extended StayAmerica, but I had an electrical issue at my home and had to find someplace to stay until the problem was fixed. The manager, Ms. James, eased my worries about room and board, as she and her staff quickly helped me to check into a vey nice room. They were all very attentive to my needs and I am very thankful to them for everything!

I would definitely stay again and again!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank lashew0031
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
WoodSpring Suites Richmond West
Suburban Extended Stay Hotel - Richmond
Extended Stay America - Richmond - W. Broad Street - Glenside - North
Speco Hotels Richmond
Speco Hotels Richmond
#50 of 81 in Richmond
Candlewood Suites Richmond - West Broad
Best Western Executive Hotel

Been to Extended Stay America - Richmond - W. Broad Street - Glenside - South? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Richmond - W. Broad Street - Glenside - South

Property: Extended Stay America - Richmond - W. Broad Street - Glenside - South
Address: 6811 Paragon Pl, Richmond, VA 23230-1648
Location: United States > Virginia > Richmond
Ranked #58 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Richmond - W. Broad Street - Glenside - South 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Extended Stay, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire and Cancelon so you can book your Extended Stay America - Richmond - W. Broad Street - Glenside - South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.