“Pet Friendly”

Ranked #68 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
Port Orange, Florida
“Pet Friendly”
Reviewed June 19, 2011

Pet Friendly Place. Best i can say. After driving 9 hours, we were happy to see that the rooms were very clean and the staff polite.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank MaryMacTree

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed August 21, 2010

This motel was very nice. The room was large. The beds were comfortable and the room was very clean. We didn't really care for the grab and go breakfast, but it is good for someone that doesn't have time to sit and eat in a dining room.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Columbus, New Jersey
Reviewed July 30, 2010

If you are on a tight budget, this is a good place to stay. There are no frills, and the decor is average. The dinner attached has good no nonsense food. If you are interested in spending a lot of time in Richmond, I would suggest finding a place closer to the city. This motel is outside the city and you need to drive into the city to see any of the interesting places the city and to do any sightseeing.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed July 25, 2010

The outside appearance of the hotel....which I think is because it is still being renovated... can take you off-guard, but the inside of this older, nicely renovated property is quite good; staff was very friendly and informative.
I agree with the other recent 2010 reviewers: "Clean and comfortable with a choice of soft or firm pillows"; our room also had a refrigerator. "Enhanced breakfast" area was well-maintained and located in a cheery location (i.e. large windows overlooking the patio of the in-hotel restaurant). I also agree that the "grab & go" breakfast was great...it had plenty in it: several granola and nutrigrain bars, muffins, etc. Probably more healthy than most.
I did not use or see the workout room, but the internet connection was good.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DrBus
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed June 30, 2010

I stayed at this hotel a long time ago and I was going back the the area in the near future. I decided to stay with the clarion Inn because it was one of the best hotel stays i have ever had. I always stay with Choice Hotels and there were 4 to choose from, I chose Clarion because it was right off the highway, The rooms were clean, nice, big and I will surely stay with them again.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank jshah729
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 18, 2010

The Clarion Inn was wonderful! The staff was so friendly...they even gave me excedrine migrane (for free!!!) when I mentioned I had a headache from driving. Also, the grab and go breakfast is perfect for hitting the road....they even saved us some even though it ends at 9am. The rooms were large and clean. It was the perfect place to stay when driving from Philadelphia to Charleston, SC...so we stayed there on the way back as well!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank keelymd
Philadelphia area
Reviewed April 5, 2010

AAA booked this place for my family and I as an overnight stop on a road trip. We paid less than $60 and it was right off I95 which was very convenient. The bathroom looked recently updated and was clean with nice plush towels. The beds were clean and comfortable with a choice of soft or firm pillows. Our room had a refrigerator which was old but it worked and some of the furniture was "well-used". There is a 50's themed diner attached to the hotel which we enjoyed and the hotel provides a free "grab & go" breakfast that saved us time and money when we wanted to hit the road quickly the next morning. We liked the place and the price enough to stay there on our trip back. On the second visit our toilet stopped flushing in the morning before we left which was a little inconvenient. The staff was pleasant. I would stay there again at the AAA rate.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank Jeppie85
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
Sleep Inn
Days Inn Glen Allen
#18 of 23 in Glen Allen
Red Roof Inn - Richmond South
Suburban Extended Stay Hotel - Richmond

Been to Quality Inn North? Share your experiences!