“Centrally located, clean & comfortable.”

Clarion Hotel Richmond Central
Ranked #68 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Just a one night stay by a couple of non-smoking seniors with a dog. First they are pet-friendly but the $25/night was a little steep. We typically look for hotel coupons when travelling on I-95. There were none for this hotel. The location (I95 exit 78) was just 3 miles from where we were visiting. The internet sites had a higher rate than what the concierge offered, plus we used our AAA card for a further discount. The parking was convenient, the room was CLEAN, did not smell, and was well insulated because we never heard the traffic from nearby I95. We also liked that they had 2 sinks in the room. Reviews of other hotels and chains in Richmond had us concerned about bugs, cleanliness and safety. This hotel was fine we'd stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Clarion Hotel Richmond Central

Reviewed September 10, 2012

This is a very clean motel. Beds are very comfortable. Employees are helpful and seem to enjoy their jobs. This was my first stay at this motel, but not my last. I will be staying here again next year for the Nascar races. I've been staying the last 6 years at the Quality Inn on Broad St. This was my best move of the year.
Jack Concord,N.C.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Jack H
Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

The only reason I could see staying here is that it's walking distance to the minor league ball park. I noticed an odor the moment I walked in the door which I thought was a result of the air conditioner leaking inside the room. What I didn't know until I went to lay down to sleep is that the smell was actually urine where sombody went to the bathroom on the floor between the beds. I can't believe this room was even being rented considering the building I was in was nearly empty.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Sweetlu4
Reviewed August 24, 2012

2 queen beds room hasnt renovated yet. A king bed room has flat screen tv, better bed, better towels and better smell. Friendly service and nice holel. Breakfast is ignored. No cup. No bowl. No fork. I told frontdesk that there was no bowl left. No one came and fill it up so i just a cup to have cereal.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Stayed with our daughter for a lacrosse event in Midlothian, about 20 minutes away. Room was spacious and fairly clean, slightly rundown. Large balcony, decent quality towels and bedding. Plenty of parking. This is a big, rambling '70s style hotel that has been updated, consisting of several buildings. The pool area is very pretty. Dining room nice but free breakfast a bit below average: oatmeal, cereals, muffins, bagels. No eggs or waffle maker. They do have a restaurant and you can order breakfast off of a menu. Most importantly, we slept well and comfortably with no noise or disturbances. Would recommend.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 23, 2012

We arrived for a one night stay, there had been a mix up on the reservation and they were expecting us the next weekend. The front desk clerk was very accomodating and gave an option of 2 rooms. The first one was on the outside of the facility and there was a large pickup truck with large dual exhausts pointed right at the room door about 8 feet away. We went back and asked for the inside room which happened to be located directly next to the main stairway. We took it anyway and the Saturday night proved quiet despite the location.

We did not use any of the other facilities but there were people using the workout room. Since it was rainy, no one was in the pool but it looked well-maintained.

The room was good-sized and clean. The wall paper was pulling away in a few places. The air conditioner cooled the room well. The bathroom was clean and well-stocked but with a few chips and discolorations on the wall. But the beds were very comfortable and the TV worked great. The internet was free and worked well.

The breakfast had a few bagels, corn muffins and baked goods. The cold cereal had just too choices. The bananas and oranges had too much green coloration for my liking. The oatmeal was very good and appreciated. But there was not much there for choices. The ambience of the dining room was excellent, did not match up well with the styrofoam plates and cups.

The staff were very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank PassOut76
Reviewed June 15, 2012

The Clarion on North Blvd. was clean. The staff wasn't real friendly but our stay was comfortable. Our room was clean, and seemed to be renovated in the last couple of years. When we travel we don't spend much time at the hotel so we didn't use any of the facilities.(swimming pool, exercise equipment, etc.). We were on the second floor and didn't use the elevator. The breakfast had fruit, bagels, bread and muffins. Not much to chose from but the price of our night stay was very reasonable. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: We stayed Wednesday through Friday so there weren't many people staying there. We were on the 2n...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family