“I have never experienced the excellent service that I received at this hotel.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Richmond I 64 West End

Holiday Inn Richmond I 64 West End
Ranked #40 of 81 Hotels in Richmond
GreenLeadersBronze level
richmond
“I have never experienced the excellent service that I received at this hotel.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2009

All of the hotel staff was unfailingly pleasant. I was in charge of a weekend conference and everything was taken care of very well. If I needed something, it was done, and done quickly and graciously.

The food was quite good. Service for our banquet was a little slow, but the wait staff was courteous and had a pleasant manner.

The breakfast buffet was delicious and a good value.

The entire hotel was very clean.

The rooms are a little small, but well maintained and spotless.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
jacksonville fl
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2009

This hotel is wonderful. The lobby is modern. The rooms are nicer than most marriott rooms. Best service I have ever had. A wonderful holiday inn

• Stayed June 2009
maryland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2009

I was goingto stay here from an overnight in richmond. I was already skeptical when I arrived at the hotel and noticed that the grounds and surrounding area was not in the best of shape. The pool was squeezed on the fron side of the hotel and enclosed in a raggedy white picket fence a couple of feet from the highway! I was thinking ths is not good but i went inside thinking it would get better, after all it was newly renovated....When I arrived to the room...it was small. I instantly noticed the updated furniture which was nice but I looked up and the ceiling was coming down! Also my mother pointed out the brown waterspots in the corner of the ceiling! I went downstirs and notified the front desk and she gave me another room. THis room was alread occupied and it wasntly that much better. I went downstairs and asked for my money back becauseI just wasnt comfortable. I read the other reviews before me and wonder if we are talking about the same hotel. You just cant patch up some old things and this hotel proves just that.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Richmond hotels

Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2009

I give this hotel 5* for the price and also for the very nice staff (front desk, restaurant and cleaning ladies were all supe friendly!)
The location is convenient -almost on the corner of Broad Street-, but this hotel is not in a picturesque part of town. My room had a view of Staples Mill Rd and my friend's room looked out onto an air conditionner. Accross the parking lot is a generic small strip mall. However, we both found our rooms to be very quiet. They were tastefullly redone. Nice bathroom design, pretty bed linens (no yucky old polyester bedspread.) Very clean. Breakfast is 5$ for the cold, "continental", version and $10 if you add eggs and bacon etc. It's nothing special but it is plentiful and the waitress was very welcoming. I would definitely recommend this place if you are on a budget but want a hotel that looks a little trendy and feels welcoming. My room was 90$ plus tax per night for 2 very comfy Queen-sized beds (good pillows too!). I felt safe there as a woman alone in my room. We were in Richmond for the VCU French FIlm Festival. It was a short 10 minutes drive to the Byrd Theater from this hotel.

Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2009

Neat rooms, friendly service. Write on the road so may get some noise if on that side but cannot say for certain as I requested a room on the other side and it was very quiet. Not much of a view as it appears to be right by the road side. It is correctly rated as 3 star not more not less!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
Matthews
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2009

My wife and I had to travel to Richmond for my mother. We were nicely surprised after some not so good reviews during the renovation of the hotel. They are now renovated and what a change! I remember this hotel when I was a little boy. The outside looks nice. The rooms are nicely done with comfortable beds and a nice updated bathroom sink! A+

• Liked — The room
  • Disliked — First room was not clean.
  • Stayed January 2009
      Check in / front desk
Jersey City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2009

My now Husband and I stayed at this property on our way down to Alabama for Thanksgiving. We had used this property before during our trip down south when the property was less than appealing. The staff was great so I had no qualms about staying there again. I was very pleased to see online that they had just completed a total renovation. I viewed the pictures on the site and thought they were nice but they did not prepare for me for what I saw once I got there. Renovation is an understatement. It was more like a new building. The exterior complements the glass office building across the street well. Many of the same staff members from the previous year were still there smiling as they greeted us. The lobby and lounge area are beautiful and the rooms were very chic and look like something out of a magazine.
Ms.Bailey waited on us during breakfast. She has been with the company 36 years and was overjoyed about the change.
The staff is great and now so is the property.
What a difference a year makes.

• Liked — They are right off the highway, for directionally challenged people like me.
  • Disliked — No lunch available in restaurant on Sundays.
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
      Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
Courtyard Richmond West
Courtyard Richmond West
#23 of 81 in Richmond
Clarion Hotel Richmond Central
Candlewood Suites Richmond - West Broad
Hampton Inn & Suites Richmond/Glenside
Residence Inn Richmond West End
Embassy Suites by Hilton Richmond

Been to Holiday Inn Richmond I 64 West End? Share your experiences!