“Great Value!!”

Holiday Inn Richmond I 64 West End
Ranked #46 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 17, 2014

This hotel is conveniently located 10 minutes away from the Univeristy of Richmond and has the most comfortable beds of all the second tier hotel chains. There is not alot happening around this locations but it is a short drive to decent restaurants and downtown Richmond. A really great value and the staff is extremely welcoming.

1  Thank jaa251

Reviewed April 16, 2014

Stayed here April 2014. Some past reviews mentioned problems. None with me. Normal Holiday Inn. Very friendly staff at desk and dining room. Breakfast buffet was better than most. Keurig coffee in room. Good location on main street near shopping centers and at least two colleges, VCU and U of Richmond. Good value for money.

1  Thank wvwisdom
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond I 64 West End, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2014

Dear wvwisdom,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review regarding your recent stay. We are so pleased you liked the friendliness of our staff and the breakfast selections we offer. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to improve and continually provide the best experience possible. Thank you for staying and we all hope to serve you again on your next future visit.

Anthony M

Reviewed April 14, 2014

I booked a room at the hotel as my son and I were participating in a tournament the next day. It was a quick one nighter for us. The checkin was quick, and the clerk was very nice, always a plus when coming in from a long road trip. He even pointed out local restaurants that we may be interested in. The room was clean, and everything worked.

I was pleased with the breakfast buffet in the morning as well. A nice selection of hot and cold choices, and the waitress who cleaned up after us was friendly too.

WiFi worked quite well, no issues there, and my son enjoyed the choices on the television before bedtime.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
yoursintravel, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond I 64 West End, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2014

Dear Guest MichaelSPatton,

We thank you for taking the time to leave us this valuable feedback, when our staff know a good job has been done and it comes directly from our guest it goes a long way in motivating them. We thank you again for allowing us to be of service to you.

Marvin
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed March 31, 2014

I visit Richmond at least once a year for the French Film Festival. This year, I meant to book at another Holiday Inn, so wasn't sure what to expect upon arrival. The location is isolated and a little creepy at night, but the parking lot is well-lit and close to the entrances. The reception staff were courteous and attentive. Our late arrival went smoothly and the room keys worked. Rooms on the 8th floor were large and quiet, with the usual amenities and a good shower. The in-room Keurig coffee maker would have been handy, but the posted instructions didn't work, so I was never able to make a cup of coffee (probably user error). Too bad the breakfast in the lobby bar isn't complementary, like the WiFi. On Sunday morning, a very loud Christian church service was going on in one of the conference rooms off the lobby, if that sort of thing bothers you. I normally don't like Holiday Inns, but I may book here again next year.

Room Tip: The eighth floor is quiet and private.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank la-mia-mini

Dear Guest la-mia-mini,

We thank you for taking the time to leave your valuable feedback, it is your comments that will help us continue to grow our product and service into something greater for all of our guest. We thank you for allowing us to be of service and hopefully we will be able to service you again.

Marvin
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

Check in ran smooth. Parking was easy. Had problems opening my room door after inserting my room key several times. Room was a bit small to what I am use to. During my visiting weekend it just so happened to be during a huge soccer tournament. The kids though were well behaved while some of their parents sat in the bar. The food in the restaurant was not bad. The bartender was excellent.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond I 64 West End, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2014

Dear Thesoupnazi88,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding our bartender.

However, we’re sorry about the crowd during your stay. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

The Internet was so slow and intermittent , that I forgot what I was doing a couple of times and one time I forgot where I was. It was like a twilight one episode. The people here are very nice and helpful. The hotel is very old, but you can tell it was recently refurbished, but they did skip corners, same old toilets, showers, and closet doors in rooms. Bar is ok and dinning room small but ok, fastest pot for Internet was the bar, I think? Any way for $109.00 per night, it wasn't to bad, but if you need Internet kip this one.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond I 64 West End, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2014

Dear Dante1122,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your experience. It is unfortunate the internet service prevented you from fully enjoying your stay with us. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to ensure a more positive experience for you and all future guests.

Adrian D

Reviewed February 23, 2014

There is a church that starts sat night and runs through Sunday. Drumming, singing in the hallway and the restaurant is SOOO loud you can't have a quiet breakfast. The decor is inner city run down. I do not know why priceline rates this as 3 star. Definitely not more than one and a half. What a disappointment.

Room Tip: Never spend Saturday night. I can't tell you about any other night as I will not stay here again...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
yoursintravel, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond I 64 West End, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Dear Guest Ashby B,

We do apologize we were not able to complete take care of you as our guest, we appreciate your honest feedback, because it allows us to work towards providing a better product for our guest. I would love to speak with you directly to learn more from your stay.

Marvin Hymes
mhymes@holidayinni64.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
Clarion Hotel Richmond Central
Holiday Inn Express
Holiday Inn Express
#5 of 6 in Midlothian
Holiday Inn Express Downtown Richmond
Hampton Inn & Suites Richmond/Glenside
Holiday Inn Express Richmond I-64 Short Pump Area
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Richmond West at I-64

Been to Holiday Inn Richmond I 64 West End? Share your experiences!