“Bad time if the year.”

Holiday Inn Richmond I 64 West End
Ranked #47 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

Check in ran smooth. Parking was easy. Had problems opening my room door after inserting my room key several times. Room was a bit small to what I am use to. During my visiting weekend it just so happened to be during a huge soccer tournament. The kids though were well behaved while some of their parents sat in the bar. The food in the restaurant was not bad. The bartender was excellent.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond I 64 West End, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2014

Dear Thesoupnazi88,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment regarding our bartender.

However, we’re sorry about the crowd during your stay. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

The Internet was so slow and intermittent , that I forgot what I was doing a couple of times and one time I forgot where I was. It was like a twilight one episode. The people here are very nice and helpful. The hotel is very old, but you can tell it was recently refurbished, but they did skip corners, same old toilets, showers, and closet doors in rooms. Bar is ok and dinning room small but ok, fastest pot for Internet was the bar, I think? Any way for $109.00 per night, it wasn't to bad, but if you need Internet kip this one.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond I 64 West End, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2014

Dear Dante1122,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your experience. It is unfortunate the internet service prevented you from fully enjoying your stay with us. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to ensure a more positive experience for you and all future guests.

Adrian D

Reviewed February 23, 2014

There is a church that starts sat night and runs through Sunday. Drumming, singing in the hallway and the restaurant is SOOO loud you can't have a quiet breakfast. The decor is inner city run down. I do not know why priceline rates this as 3 star. Definitely not more than one and a half. What a disappointment.

Room Tip: Never spend Saturday night. I can't tell you about any other night as I will not stay here again...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
yoursintravel, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond I 64 West End, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Dear Guest Ashby B,

We do apologize we were not able to complete take care of you as our guest, we appreciate your honest feedback, because it allows us to work towards providing a better product for our guest. I would love to speak with you directly to learn more from your stay.

Marvin Hymes
mhymes@holidayinni64.com

Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for 3days- upon arrival my room was NOT ready so I upgraded to the suit-
The hotel was clean, but their staff customer service skills SUCKED. From the maids to the front desk reps- the 1st day I was there at 9am the maids were beating on the door repeatedly I answered the door and asked what they needed the maid (ghetto male with his pants sagging & a due rag) answered you stay or leaving well what times check out-he responds 12-ok so why are you beating on my door? He responds are you stayinng or checking out? I'm staying and close the door. Later that morning I'm woke up by yet another maid so I ask her if she could please assist me with the TV in the living room that wouldn't cut on or the phone in the room that didn't work- she said you have to go down to the front desk I said well the phone don't work and I need to get ready for work the woman responds-" ugh uh I'm not doing all of dat when I go downstairs I'll let them know I said ok that's fine" leave and return the room was never cleaned and the tv & phone still weren't working. I call from my cell phone and a front desk rep came up and helped me. She was very polite. An hour or so later I went to bad they said they weren't serving any food just drinks. I asked what time did the restaurant close she told me 4mins prior so the next day I make sure I make it to the restaurant on time and they say sorry the bar tender had to leave so I try and set up shuttle for ride the next am they told me it was all set up and when I call down in am nothing is ready! Of course! So on my way to the cab I stop and grab some orange juice and the lady working the food doesn't say goodmorning nothing just you need to pay for that juice. CHARGE IT TO MY ROOM! This hotel sucked because of the staff. I stayed in the suit for 3days and not once while leaving or arriving was I spoken to by any staff- when I was at the desk getting keys or paying for room they never smiled responded thank you NOTHING. I will NEVER stay at this hotel again ever and for what they charge you can find a way nicer hotel on priceline or walk in! This hotel sucks!

• Stayed: February 2014
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond I 64 West End, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Dear Lalamehri,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. We are sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. Wehave sent you a private message to discuss this matter in detail. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Richmond.

Ferdinand G.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

My sister and I booked this hotel through Priceline for a short overnight as we were traveling to Philadelphia. The evening clerk who checked us in was friendly and accommodated our need for two beds without us asking. The room was fine...nothing to write home about; however, in this day and age of electronics, the lack of plugs was very noticeable. We resorted to moving then nightstand and unplugging the clock. Overall, it was inexpensive via Priceline and fine for one night.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank blkreign30
mhymes, Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond I 64 West End, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Dear Guest blkreign30,

We thank you for staying with us and appreciate your feedback...honest feedback is always positive, and we look forward to creating a better product with your feedback thank you

Reviewed December 11, 2013

We booked this hotel due to Its location near St Mary's Hospital. Sadly this Holiday Inn doesnt live up to the new Holiday Inn standards. You can upgrade bedding, add new sinks, change the lighting etc... but poor management kills it all. At $45 per night via Price Line it seemed like a deal... NOT!
For starters, the evening desk clerk had the personality of a slug. A simple SMILE goes a long way in the hospitality business. It needs to be a requirement of the job.
Second, the room was dirty. The bedding on one of the beds was smelly. Several pillows smelled sour. There were crumbs on the carpet near the bed (we didn't have food in the room). Lots of dust bunnies along the walls edge.
Third, the cleaning lady in the hall should be taught to say Good Morning as opposed to glaring at the clientele.

On the up side the gentleman who checked us out smiled and was very polite. He was by far the best part of our stay and a bright spot in a poorly managed business.
Over all, I would bypass this hotel and stay further from the Hospital.

Room Tip: Stay else ware
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 25, 2013

This is a very old hotel. The room was clean but the air/heat unit would turn on by itself even if you have it turned off. Very distracting through the night. The room also did not have a radio. I know a lot of people don't listen to one but I do and I missed it! It's the first room that I EVER stayed in that didn't have a radio. Nothing close to walk to. Restaurant didn't look that great and didn't eat there. Also bar was closed during hours that said it would be open! Staff was nice. Computer station in the lobby didn't work some of the time. (Computer was frozen up) If you walk in the back entrance it smells pretty bad. This place needs a complete rehab or just close it.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond I 64 West End, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

Dear dsalmasian,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the accommodations you received prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D
IHGCare

Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
Courtyard Richmond West
DoubleTree by Hilton Richmond-Midlothian
Quality Inn West End
Quality Inn West End
#43 of 82 in Richmond

Been to Holiday Inn Richmond I 64 West End? Share your experiences!