“Nice Hotel”

Holiday Inn Richmond I 64 West End
Ranked #46 of 82 Hotels in Richmond
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I had a room on the eighth floor, so I got a very nice view. The room was big and clean and perfect for what I needed.

The guy who checked me in was very nice, and even greeted me by name when he saw me walk by the next day.

Breakfast looked good, but was much too expensive for me to try it!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
holinn, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond I 64 West End, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Dear Guest txag08,

Thank you for allowing us to be of service to and we thank you for giving us the valuable feedback.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

We have been meeting at the Holiday Inn every month for a few years now. Their staff is OUTSTANDING. They could not be more accommodating. Max goes above and beyond any coordinator I've ever dealt with. They make every event easy and delicious. Can't thank them enough for all of their hard work.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Hubby and I stayed the weekend here to go to the Virginia folk festival. Location was perfect--right across from the free shuttle lot. The room was large and quiet with a comfortable bed. It obviously was not new, but was reasonably clean. But don't expect any extras. Breakfast is not free, it is very expensive! And you might better bring your own sugar and creamer for the measly little cup of coffee you can make in the room.
Perhaps the scariest part is that the check in clerk announced to everyone that "the back door is never locked. You (and anybody else in the world) can get in any time." I would not have felt safe if I were traveling alone. We did note that they were scrupleous in changing the room key with every guest change.
Would I stay here again? Yes. A clean, comfortable bed in the right location at the right price works for me.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
holinn, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond I 64 West End, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Dear Guest JeannieRN,

We thank you for staying with us and for providing us with great feedback. We can't wait to be of service to you again. I would love to communicate with you more on your stay.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Stayed here one night on way to Philly. Booked hotel thru priceline and it was fine for one night. Front desk kindly changed us to two beds when realized that my sister and I were staying in the room. The walls were kinda thin, could here kids yelling in hallway. There was also a lack of plugs. We plugged clock on nightstand in order to charge cell phones. Plenty of restaurants close by so don't have to rely on hotel restaurant for meals. Close to highways and easy to get to.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond I 64 West End, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Dear bk_essence ,

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed September 9, 2013

Our room was dusty. One of us took a shower and it was short-lived. Yes.. mold. We all checked the dusty room for other problems and there were plenty: No vacuuming in corners, wallpaper peeling, etc. Very early the next morning, check out 8 different rooms: all had various stages of filth. A long talk with manager did not satisfy us. Room was refunded, but please, do not try this hotel. It needs more than just a new management team.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Tony A
holinn, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond I 64 West End, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Dear Guest Tony A,

We thank you for staying with us and it was unfortunate we were not able to reach the proper level of service that we promise our guest. We assure you based on face to face conversation that this is not our practice. And again thank you for staying with us and taking the time to give feedback

Reviewed September 4, 2013

It is a Holiday Inn, not the Ritz. We were attending a function at the hotel which drove our selection of properties. The folks at the check-in desk were friendly and got us the type of room that we had requested. The hotel is clearly an older property but it has been renovated. The room was clean and furnishings were attractive. The room included a mini-refrigerator and microwave which was nice to be able to chill beverages and make tea. The coffee maker in the room was a Keurig so if you have a favorite brand of coffee, you can bring your own K-Cups. The bathroom was small and while renovated, I wouldn't have used a vessel sink in such a small space as there is practically no vanity top space.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
holinn, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond I 64 West End, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Dear Roger,

We thank you for allowing us to be of service to you and truly appreciate the feed back you have given us. All feed back we get from our guest goes a long way in training and supporting of our associates. Thank you again for the feed back.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Richmond West last night. The hotel seemed slightly dated, but for the most part was ok. The front desk staff when I checked in was very unfriendly. Basically I was handed a paper told to "sign and initial here", had my room keys handed to me quite abruptly and that was it. I wasn't told where my room was, the easiest way to get to my room, where to park, or where any of the amenities were located. Every time I walked in or out of the building neither of the staff members said hi, smiled, or even looked up from their computers to acknowledge me or any other customers for that matter. The room itself was decent, although the TV channels seemed a little limited. And word to the wise, don't turn the sink on full or it will wash up the sides of the sink and spill out on you. Also, the shower in our room seemed to drain very slowly. Checkout time was at noon, but at 10 am housekeeping was going around knocking on doors and asking us if we were checking out. 1) I have two hours until checkout and 2) shouldn't you have that info in records without bugging me? Finally, the exercise room says "use at your own risk" and that only applies if you can get into it. After trying our key a few times, we went to the front desk and inquired about the problem. They reset both keys and neither would open the door. So we were unable to workout. That amenity and the good price were the reasons we chose this hotel. If I drive thru Richmond again, I'll probably find a different place to stay simply because of the poor customer service.

• Stayed: September 2013
holinn, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Richmond I 64 West End, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Dear Guest Obxgirl24,

I want to thank you for staying at our property and taking the time to leave us some feed back. It is through that feed back we are able to correct places we fell short of our goal of complete hospitality. I offer my direct contact information to further discuss your stay.

mhymes@holidayinni64.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Richmond
7 mi away
4 mi away
Holiday Inn Express Downtown Richmond
Hampton Inn & Suites Richmond/Glenside
DoubleTree by Hilton Richmond-Midlothian

Been to Holiday Inn Richmond I 64 West End? Share your experiences!